Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 59 of 263 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    ROFCMFrAO!

Do you mean one of the ones she has in her living room, or one of the many extra ones she is storing as spares out in the garage?

I was thinking of the ones in her living room if they aren't bolted down

Hey 7K - how did you know I had 4 -box seats from TS and 6 regular seats - You've seen the regular seats on facebook. As they say, somethings are priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Hey 7K - how did you know I had 4 -box seats from TS and 6 regular seats - You've seen the regular seats on facebook. As they say, somethings are priceless!

You must have mentioned it to us before cfg, because I knew you had some in your garage too. I'll trade you 8 - '63 Topps Jake Woods for one.

Hey, I'm up in Breckinridge now, and I'm meeting Mary Jean for lunch tomorrow at noon. I already told her HI from everyone, and she says Hi back. I'll see if we can get a couple pics.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Hey, I'm up in Breckinridge now, and I'm meeting Mary Jean for lunch tomorrow at noon. I already told her HI from everyone, and she says Hi back. I'll see if we can get a couple pics.
    Wow, what a trip you're having, J ... it's almost EBesque!

You not missin' much back in these parts 'cept a major storm Thursday. Some folks are still without power and even cable. Oh, and it's hotter than the dickens.

Wow, what a trip you're having, J ... it's almost EBesque!

You not missin' much back in these parts 'cept a major storm Thursday. Some folks are still without power and even cable. Oh, and it's hotter than the dickens.
    Where are the power outages? I hope not in Almont; I don't want to come home to a rotted refridgerator.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Where are the power outages? I hope not in Almont; I don't want to come home to a rotted refridgerator.

I think they are mostly in Macomb County I know MLC said she's been out for a few days now

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I think they are mostly in Macomb County I know MLC said she's been out for a few days now
    If your neck of the woods got it as bad as Macomb County, I'd be surprised, J. Lots of chain saw noise over there for sure. I know a guy down Van Dyke from you in Utica that for sure did lose power, and it hit pretty bad in Shelby, Macomb and Clinton Twps as well as Sterling Heights, Frazer and Roseville ... not total devastation or anything like that, but many of those that got hit, got hit pretty bad ... lots of downed trees.

Speaking of devastation, I did post some TS demo pictures from today out on one of those threads today.

If your neck of the woods got it as bad as Macomb County, I'd be surprised, J. Lots of chain saw noise over there for sure. I know a guy down Van Dyke from you in Utica that for sure did lose power, and it hit pretty bad in Shelby, Macomb and Clinton Twps as well as Sterling Heights, Frazer and Roseville ... not total devastation or anything like that, but many of those that got hit, got hit pretty bad ... lots of downed trees.

Speaking of devastation, I did post some TS demo pictures from today out on one of those threads today.
    Speaking of devastation...on my way up to St. Jude Mass today, I took the Michigan Avenue detour. When I made a left turn on to Trumbull my heart sank to my stomach. The corner of Michigan and Cochrane is just a facade of pile of strewn concrete and steel. That's just the way it is.

It's always great to get back to St. Jude for Mass. Missed Fr. Liberty though. Oh, I got to use the usher's coin slot spatula like utensil after inserting candle donations. That's something my kids got to do when they were about 7 or 8 after lighting candles. Today I was the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    It's always great to get back to St. Jude for Mass. Missed Fr. Liberty though. Oh, I got to use the usher's coin slot spatula like utensil after inserting candle donations. That's something my kids got to do when they were about 7 or 8 after lighting candles. Today I was the kid.
    I love lighting votive candles. Did you light one for the Lions? They really are one hopeless case. Of course, every time I light one, there is always a more appropriate intention, truly relevant and sobering.

It's great that you got over there for Mass. Too bad you missed Fr. Liberty. Amen? He really knows how to preach. Amen?

I love lighting votive candles. Did you light one for the Lions? They really are one hopeless case. Of course, every time I light one, there is always a more appropriate intention, truly relevant and sobering.

It's great that you got over there for Mass. Too bad you missed Fr. Liberty. Amen? He really knows how to preach. Amen?
    7K: Amen....I did not light a candle for the Lions. My resources were limited. and besides I didn't want to jam the coin slot with many bills [[I don't carry a lot of hundred dollar bills with me....that's what is needed in candle power for special intercession for the Lions). Besides..the ushers were locking up the church so there wasn't a lot of time left for fervent prayer to St. Jude....The Lions most likely need a Novena or a papal blessing just for starters

Thank you Brandon!

Thank you Brandon!
    Yes, Bless you boys! A Tiger's victory is always a bright spot in the day.

Now it's three famous younger people who died in a week's time. I can't believe Billy Mays died. His new "Pitchmen" show was really interesting. Oxy Clean, Handy Switch, Hercules Hook, Simonize Scratch Remover, Mighty Mend It, Gopher, all great innovations Billy Mays vetted and so enthusiastically persuaded us to purchase ... good stuff, IMO. He was an iconic example of American ingenuity and capitalism. May God rest his soul.

Yes, Bless you boys! A Tiger's victory is always a bright spot in the day.

Now it's three famous younger people who died in a week's time. I can't believe Billy Mays died. His new "Pitchmen" show was really interesting. Oxy Clean, Handy Switch, Hercules Hook, Simonize Scratch Remover, Mighty Mend It, Gopher, all great innovations Billy Mays vetted and so enthusiastically persuaded us to purchase ... good stuff, IMO. He was an iconic example of American ingenuity and capitalism. May God rest his soul.
    If he can do the same sell job to St. Peter the gates will be open before Billy can say "WOW, now that's really clean."

Thank you Brandon!
    It's great to see a player who experienced the club's worst times having a stellar year both with the bat and glove on a team that's in the hunt in late June. It was nice seeing Alan Trammell give Brandon his due during the Cub's recent visit.

Morning KR - Sorry I missed you on Saturday - I was at the Ordination in Toldeo along with Fr. Robert and many other St. Jude Parishioners. Shaun will be a great priest and has helped us at St. Jude while he was in the seminary, so I got to know him well.
    We ARE having a block party/Founder's Day event on Sunday, July 12th after the 11am Mass - for any and all who are interested. We'll have games for the kids and hotdogs and the usual picnic fair. It's always a good time and Father enjoys meeting with the folks in the neighborhood in addition to the parishioners visiting and hanging out. It lasts from noon till about 3 or 4. - Can I hear an AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by campfire girl View Post
    morning kr - sorry i missed you on saturday - i was at the ordination in toldeo along with fr. Robert and many other st. Jude parishioners. Shaun will be a great priest and has helped us at st. Jude while he was in the seminary, so i got to know him well.
    We are having a block party/founder's day event on sunday, july 12th after the 11am mass - for any and all who are interested. We'll have games for the kids and hotdogs and the usual picnic fair. It's always a good time and father enjoys meeting with the folks in the neighborhood in addition to the parishioners visiting and hanging out. It lasts from noon till about 3 or 4. - can i hear an amen!
    amen!!!!!!

Laing did you guys eat at the The Penguin in Charlotte?

Grew up at Moross and Eastwood. Great area........

Quote Originally Posted by karen8824 View Post
    Grew up at Moross and Eastwood. Great area........
    Were you a St. Jude kid or Burbank, or another school?

St. Jude - graduated 1976
    then Regina - graduated 1980

Quote Originally Posted by karen8824 View Post
    St. Jude - graduated 1976
    then Regina - graduated 1980
    Karen: Didn't you live near the Bass family? Anyway welcome or welcome back to the thread. St. Jude class of 67 ND 71 and and Eastwood resident

Laing did you guys eat at the The Penguin in Charlotte?
    Personally, I would probably feel better if The Penguins were eaten in Charlotte, but I guess that's water over the dam....

All we have to do to make it happen is to get Z back in town. [[And me to finish my epic adventure).

Anyone offering to house Z [[and his extended family) if he comes back.

I would but it's a haul from Port Austin to the COPA.

Page 59 of 263 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 109 159 ... LastLast