Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 57 of 263 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 6559

Beautiful Memories of Father's Day - KR - so very similar to my own- The El Productos went to my Godfather. There was never a Father's Day that went by where the wasn't a tie from the Tie Rack involved..........and how I remember the "spit" turning either a basket or ribs for an hour - or a chicken...will crusty brown. Dad would be having that can of strohs as he stood, tending the charcoals.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Beautiful Memories of Father's Day - KR - so very similar to my own- The El Productos went to my Godfather. There was never a Father's Day that went by where the wasn't a tie from the Tie Rack involved..........and how I remember the "spit" turning either a basket or ribs for an hour - or a chicken...will crusty brown. Dad would be having that can of strohs as he stood, tending the charcoals.
    Loved my job of saving the coals by using tongs to pluck them out of the grill and plop them in a bucket of water ... and I did this without asbestos gloves [[which as it turned out was a good thing) or safety goggles.

Of course, shlopping the bar-b-que sauce on the chickens as they were turning was fun too.

I fotgot about the shlopping part - and absolute honor! You know you can't even find a bbq "rake" anymore. What do folks use now to push around the coals?

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    I fotgot about the shlopping part - and absolute honor! You know you can't even find a bbq "rake" anymore. What do folks use now to push around the coals?
    It's all gas or propane now, Cfg, or infrared ... something George Jetson would have used.

My old grill had lava rocks which didn't burn, but you weren't even supposed to move them.

Thank God we were born when we were or we would have missed out on so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    It's all gas or propane now, Cfg, or infrared ... something George Jetson would have used.

My old grill had lava rocks which didn't burn, but you weren't even supposed to move them.

Thank God we were born when we were or we would have missed out on so much.
    Thank God charcoal grills are still available.

I remember the lava rocks too - but I wonder why we weren't supposed to move them, since the drippy stuff fell on those too. Moving the Charcoal around was an important job! :-)

after reading the replies about Father's Day, I too remember the upright charcoal grill with the spit turning chickens. Truly great stuff, and, yes, there always a cold Stroh's somewhere close. A big thing we always did was the Father's Day cake from Chathams - just a rectangular white cake with frosting to make it look like a shirt, a plastic collar and frosting tie with a "Happy Father's Day" written across it. We used to take a picture of him holding his cakes each Father's Day. Those were the days!! This year I wore his college ring to church Sunday.

Attachment 1982
    Not exactly the same, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    after reading the replies about Father's Day, I too remember the upright charcoal grill with the spit turning chickens. Truly great stuff, and, yes, there always a cold Stroh's somewhere close. A big thing we always did was the Father's Day cake from Chathams - just a rectangular white cake with frosting to make it look like a shirt, a plastic collar and frosting tie with a "Happy Father's Day" written across it. We used to take a picture of him holding his cakes each Father's Day. Those were the days!! This year I wore his college ring to church Sunday.

just saw stevie y made it into the hall iwth brett hull. didn't hull play for the wings for a few years?

laing - I forgot about the "Tie" shirt. Absolutely, no Father's Day was complete without one - We'd go to the Chatham's at Morang and Kelly.

yep, that was our Chatham's, too.

Been without my confuser for a week. Too much to catch up on but it seems you kids have been behaving in my absence. Keep it up.

The great motorcycle adventure finds me around Carson City, NV. today. Beatiful area.

Be well all.

Darn, EB - now you're thrown down the gauntlet - we have to get wild and crazy before you get back. Hope you're enjoying your adventures!

what, no slackers today?

what, no slackers today?
    I'm slacking in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I'm slacking in Colorado.

I'm wishing I was slacking in Colorado

i'm wishing i was slacking in Buenos Aires. OOPS, that place has a bad rap from the news today. think i'll stay in Nashville.

yep, that was our Chatham's, too.
    [[Morang and Kelly).

And mine. If you haven't already seen it, do a search on my posts, and you'll find a picture I posted of the former Chatham's area and building [[taken in 2001). It's on these forums somewhere - maybe even earlier in this thread - not sure.

i'm wishing i was slacking in Buenos Aires. OOPS, that place has a bad rap from the news today. think i'll stay in Nashville.

Funny Laing yeah we don't want to tell your wife you had a little side trip there

z, thanks for looking out for me. so who will be the next governor to fall?

z, thanks for looking out for me. so who will be the next governor to fall?

Who knows but they're dropping like flies

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I'm wishing I was slacking in Colorado
    I wish you were, too

I wish you were, too

Are the Rockies in town?

Unfortunately, no. There on an extended away trip. But they are kickin' some major butt lately

Unfortunately, no. There on an extended away trip. But they are kickin' some major butt lately

They've been riding a wave ever since firing their skipper that's for sure

Page 57 of 263 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 107 157 ... LastLast