Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 56 of 263 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 106 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 6559

I'm heading over to Epps to pick me up one those fancy pearalized bowling balls. Anyone need something while I'm there?
    Last edited by zitro; March-23-10 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I'm heading over to Epps to pick me up one those fancy pearalized bowling balls. Anyone need something while I'm there?
    My cubscout knife is a little rusty. I think it's about time to trade up to a 12 gadget Swiss Army knife. Oh, I can use a canteen too. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    My friend from the Salter family that I mentioned above has written to me providing more information on the Salter House discussed earlier in this thread. Also, I was correct about the Salters and Greiners being related. They were also related to the Youngs, for whom I imagine Young street, also in the area, was named. Here's some of what she told me:

"My grandfather was John Salter, son of Casper Salter. These are my father's relatives. This is the house I talked about that had a log cabin built under it. But it was torn down some time ago.

My mother's relatives [[the Greiners) lived at 6 Mile and Gratiot and helped build Grotto church. My great-great grandfather is buried at Grotto, in one of the first plots in the front of the cemetary. He was some kind of official for the area but I can't remember his title - something similar to Mayor of the area. Then my great-grandfather left the area and moved over to the west side of the state near Lake Michigan area [[Weare, Michigan near Hart, Michigan).

Also, the Youngs [[my paternal grandmother was a Young) owned all the property where St. Jude sits to this day. My father grew up on the St. Jude property where my grandparents' farmhouse sat. The house is still in good condition. It was moved a few blocks away. Also, the Morangs were cousins. Their house on Morang and Seven Mile Rd. is where my parents met at a party. The Salter farm was closer to Hayes. When they tore it down it was discovered to have a log cabin built under it originally. Both the Salter and Young farms were on the north side of Hayes. My sister attended St. Jude School from grades 1 through 8."
    Great work EMG!! Thanks. BTW, I don't know if this is a mere conincidence or not....The Eastwood farm house mentioned in a few posts ago was occupied by the Youngs.

You got it KR, but you'd probably have better luck with an official WWII canteen from Silversteins.

For those not on Facebook, I put pics of the 1968 Detroit News Super Posters on there. I can't believe I'm missing my Bill Freehan one, it's got to be somewhere

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=0bc7e8d104

Hey 7!! You better hurry over to Kovette's they are haivng a great sale on camera's.
    Last edited by zitro; March-24-10 at 08:37 AM.

I wish I had a tape of this.

Was there anyting more gross than walking into your bathroom after your mom had sprayed this into her hair. Before we had ceiling fans in them. I'm sure it didn't have anyting harmful in it.

For those not on Facebook, I put pics of the 1968 Detroit News Super Posters on there. I can't believe I'm missing my Bill Freehan one, it's got to be somewhere

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=0bc7e8d104
    Thanks for sharing, Z. We could sure use some of that talent now. Don't remember Lolich walking the bases loaded, giving up 4 or 5 runs in the first inning. Stormin' Norman, Kaline, Horton, The Gater, even Earl Wilson ... fearsome hitters!

Hey 7!! You better hurry over to Kovette's they are haivng a great sale on camera's.
    At those affordable prices I'd better hurry!

OK, kids, I took some pictures that a few of you will appreciate:
    Attachment 1934

Here are two more:
    Attachment 1935

Attachment 1936

Too cool, can you shimmy up there and get a pic of you on one of those?

This body don't shinny. And I'm afraid of heights.

It's a beautiful June Sunday in the mid 60s. My mom is going to 1 PM Mass at St. Jude. My Dad and I went earlier so we could get home and get the barbacue going. He let me skewer the chicken on the spit, hook it up to the rotisserie, make sure the charcoals were nice and hot and baste with that special sauce. In between bastings we are going out in front of the house on Eastwood to play catch, Hopefully, I won't throw wild and have to chase the ball down the street past Redmond. The chicken is getting golden brown now and just a slight charcoal black on the wings. The dinner of course will be delicious. I know my dad will like the tie I got him from Tie Rack at Eastland or the box of El Producto cigars from Merit Drugs for Father's Day.

Hope everyone has great memories of their dad and have a great time with your family today. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
    Last edited by kellyroad; June-21-09 at 10:27 AM.

Where was that station?

In three different towns off of I80 in Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    It's a beautiful June Sunday in the mid 60s. My mom is going to 1 PM Mass at St. Jude. My Dad and I went earlier so we could get home and get the barbacue going. He let me skewer the chicken on the spit, hook it up to the rotisserie, make sure the charcoals were nice and hot and baste with that special sauce. In between bastings we are going out in front of the house on Eastwood to play catch, Hopefully, I won't throw wild and have to chase the ball down the street past Redmond. The chicken is getting golden brown now and just a slight charcoal black on the wings. The dinner of course will be delicious. I know my dad will like the tie I got him from Tie Rack at Eastland or the box of El Producto cigars from Merit Drugs for Father's Day.

Hope everyone has great memories of their dad and have a great time with your family today. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

My dad's taking me down to the The Corner for a game against the Kansas City Athletics. The Tigers are featuring Don Demeter, Al Kaline and a young upstart home grown by the name of Wille Horton in the outfield. Terry Fox is starting today, I can't wait

My dad's taking me down to the The Corner for a game against the Kansas City Athletics. The Tigers are featuring Don Demeter, Al Kaline and a young upstart home grown by the name of Wille Horton in the outfield. Terry Fox is starting today, I can't wait
    ....and there's that catcher out of Michigan that should give the Tigers a rocket arm and a solid stick. I think his name is Bill Freehan...got a feeling these guys will be in the world series soon. Enjoy the game with your dad.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    In three different towns off of I80 in Nebraska.
    Thanks. None looked like the one I saw off of I-94 in Bismark, ND so I was curious!

I think Bosselman's cornered the market on Sinclair through Nebraska. There are stations here in Colorado too. I'll get some picks.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads. I hope you had a wonderful day, with or without your kids.
    Here's my son-in-law and his baby girl on his day:
    Attachment 1950

Here is a baby bunny , a group of cliff swallow nests and a family of prairie dogs celebrating Father's Day in Colorado this morning.
    Attachment 1951

Attachment 1952

Attachment 1953

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    OK, kids, I took some pictures that a few of you will appreciate:
    Attachment 1934
    Ohhhh, thank you!

Thanks for the well wishes, J. Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks for the memories KR and Z. Here's one of mine:

It's Father's Day back in '09, and on the way to a restaurant in our van with my Father-in-law, Dan Dickerson makes one of his classic calls on a Brandon Inge HR, with an "oh man" thrown in for good measure putting the Tigs in the lead 3-1. And we got a great table with a huge flat panel TV right smack in front of us so we got to watch the rest of the game including a nice no pressure save from Rodney. And later we got some nice pictures on the front porch since it was just a picture perfect day. And just before dusk got some catch in with my son out in the back back at home.

Nice story 7 it sounds like a great day.

JC how'd you get those dogs to pose for you? Those are some funny looking cliffs too. Nice shots keep em' comin'

Page 56 of 263 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 106 156 ... LastLast