Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 52 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 6559

Hey everyone. It's only been a week since school let out for the summer and already I'm bored. There's nobody at the blacktop this morning and nobody wants to play curb ball this early so I think I''ll cruise up to George's, find a couple of empty pop bottles and turn them in for some snaps....then going to roll up my swim suit in a towel and head over to Heilmann and probably hang out on the ant hill or boat before getting in line for open swim. If anyone just wants to hang out you'll know where to find me. Oh, one small detail,...the year is 1964 so dial your time maching correctly.

I'm only an 8 year old girl, so you probably don't want to hang out with me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Isn't this the same 8 year old girl who rode her bike all the way to the Franklin Library?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Hey everyone. It's only been a week since school let out for the summer and already I'm bored. There's nobody at the blacktop this morning and nobody wants to play curb ball this early so I think I''ll cruise up to George's, find a couple of empty pop bottles and turn them in for some snaps....then going to roll up my swim suit in a towel and head over to Heilmann and probably hang out on the ant hill or boat before getting in line for open swim. If anyone just wants to hang out you'll know where to find me. Oh, one small detail,...the year is 1964 so dial your time maching correctly.

I'll be there as soon as I fix my flat. I rode around the ice rink where the broken glass is usually instead of one of those home made bike trails like the one going from Coram to the birdcage

Girls have Cooties

KR - Sorry I don't get to hang out at the pool till next year!
    Z - Yeah! I'm itchin all over from them.

Girls don't have Cooties, boys have Cooties. Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah nyah.
    Kellyroad, let me get a peanut butter sandwich and my thermos of Kool-aid, and I'll be there soon.

Kellyroad, let me get a peanut butter sandwich and my thermos of Kool-aid, and I'll be there soon.

Oh yeah???

Yeah. Dumb boys.

Yeah. Dumb boys.

Girls.. Yeeech!!!

[[I honestly don't remember ever thinking boys were yucky or dumb. I kind of always had a thing for them)

and the year was 64.........just moved to Faircrest and the St. Jude journey began! We've all grown up so much since then! :-)

We've all grown up so much since then
    Well, sort of

You're going to carry around a thermos??!!..

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    and the year was 64.........just moved to Faircrest and the St. Jude journey began! We've all grown up so much since then! :-)
    The grown up part is a whole other discussion.

Since we're all the way over by Heilmann's, I might has well check out the party store at 7 and Brock. What was the name of that one anyway, Brock's?

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I'll be there as soon as I fix my flat. I rode around the ice rink where the broken glass is usually instead of one of those home made bike trails like the one going from Coram to the birdcage
    Z: If you can walk your bike across 7 Mile I can help with the tire repair. Right now I got my 24 inch police auction bike upside down, got the inner tube out, found the hole, about to rough up the surface of the inner tube before applying the glue and patch. Oh, I got my own grease gun and a spoke tightner ready to go. I'll lay down some extra newspaper [[the ones not bundled and ready for the St. Jude paper drive) and your bike will be good as new. BTW, there's a neat Silverstone AM radio in the garage that gets CKLW and WKNR real good.

Z: If you can walk your bike across 7 Mile I can help with the tire repair. Right now I got my 24 inch police auction bike upside down, got the inner tube out, found the hole, about to rough up the surface of the inner tube before applying the glue and patch. Oh, I got my own grease gun and a spoke tightner ready to go. I'll lay down some extra newspaper [[the ones not bundled and ready for the St. Jude paper drive) and your bike will be good as new. BTW, there's a neat Silverstone AM radio in the garage that gets CKLW and WKNR real good.

Does it get WJR I want to hear Ernie and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Since we're all the way over by Heilmann's, I might has well check out the party store at 7 and Brock. What was the name of that one anyway, Brock's?
    Not 100% sure. Wasn't it the 7/Brock party store?

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Does it get WJR I want to hear Ernie and Paul
    WJR comes in the best. The Tiger game is under the lights tonight and unless you want to listen to JP McCarthy, CKLW is probably the best option.

Many of you remember that one lone house on the St. Jude playfield located on the north east corner of Brock and 7 Mile. The house was there until the 70s before being razed. The house had several shade trees surrounding it and a huge garden in back. At the time, I thought it would have been great to live there with the St. Jude slide, and chin up bars right next it and be able to look out the window and catch a football game on a Sunday afternoon...and of course right across the street was the party store. Does anyone know what family owned that house? Were they St. Jude Parishioners?

WJR comes in the best. The Tiger game is under the lights tonight and unless you want to listen to JP McCarthy, CKLW is probably the best option.
    That, or WXYZ - 1270.

after I eat, I'll hang the thermos in my leather bag on the handlebars. Sheeesh

What else you got in that bag?

Don't forget your bike lock. Are you going to stand in the swimming pool line with the thermos? It's almost 3:30PM and it looks like they're letting us in. BTW, did you get your ticket stub before standing in line? The pool limit is 208.

Page 52 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 102 152 ... LastLast