Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 49 of 263 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 6559

I don't think I'd be able to narrow down my "favorite" Tiger Stadium moment. Everytime I think "Yeah, this is the one" - another one pops up. Walking down the street with Don Drysdale or Brooks Robininson on the way back to the downtown hotels.....making Kruschekes for Carl Yaz and talking to him before the game. Getting pledges from Freehan, Stanley, Fred Scherman for the Walk-a-thon - and collecting later - getting graduation cards from them as we graduated high school......standing on the third upper deck walkway with Ernie Harwell after the 84 world series....getting an Opening Day hug from Ernie for 20 years and we'd all laugh and say "NOW" the season started.....being on the field with Joe Namath during a Lions game and visitng with the players before the game - have Dad waiting for us the seats int he 3rd upper deck and explaining to his work associates, yes, those ARE my daughter down there by the Lions bench....and of course, walking into the ballyard and looking at the field from any ramp as soon as you could run to one and just sigh. So many good memories.......

Wonderful memories cfg. Now that is something the city can never tear down or destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Anyone for a Grand Salame sandwich?
    Actually, I'll take two...one at around 3 this afternoon, and the second sometime after 7:30.

Thanks, Z - and you're absolutely right - and as we said earlier - thought I don't remember what I did last Monday - THESE memories are crystal clear! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Thanks, Z - and you're absolutely right - and as we said earlier - thought I don't remember what I did last Monday - THESE memories are crystal clear! :-)

Too funny, to accentuate that point...........it was JC who said it!!!

[quote=zitro;28805]Tough call on this one. I aways dreamed of the moment when I could walk my first son up the ramp at Tiger Stadium for the first time and see the look in his eyes when the majesty of the place open up to us and is was indeed a choking moment for me.

However, my most memorable moment had to be on September 19th, 1968. In order to set this up, if we remember, the Tigers clinched the Pennant on Sept. 17th against the Yankees. It was the last series of the year between the 2 clubs and the following day would be the last game. My parents had box seats right next to the Yankees dugout for this game. Now, my mother could have cared less about going to the game but it a date night for them and I was seething with jealousy.

Z - I remember that day as well. The Truant Officer was looking for you and we all told him your Dad took you to the Doctor's and that you would be back tomorrow.

I'm thinkin it was not only your Dad that had that Kelly day. Pulled you out of school just to go to a ball game?

All kidding aside - Greatest Story Ever!

For others, a Kelly day was a system off days that firefighters could swap with others to work around schedules. I still don't understand how it worked completly, Mkap do you know the details?

For others, a Kelly day was a system off days that firefighters could swap with others to work around schedules. I still don't understand how it worked completly, Mkap do you know the details?
    If I told you I'd then have to bump you off.

Actually, no I don't. I could never figure it out either. My Dad sure took advantage of it though. He finigaled it into a one month camping trip to the west coast two different years. Once the Northern, once the Southern routes. Man, I gotta tell you, those were some of the best summer vacations a twelve and fourteen year old could experience.

Thanks - Z - PERFECT illustration of my CRS Status

Drop the puck!!!

I didn't pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Drop the puck!!!
    As much as I'd like to see them win it at home, winning in front of the Pengoon fans would be nice also.

Hellllllloooooooooooooo -
    I understand someone might be tired from a road trip - but is everyone else just resting up for tonight's win?

Hellllllloooooooooooooo -
    I understand someone might be tired from a road trip - but is everyone else just resting up for tonight's win?

I'm fired up myself cfg. Let's do it tonight Wings. I'm predicting a 5-2 victory with the PenGgoons losing their cool again and throwing cheap elbws and getting game misconducts. There will be dancing in the streets of the D tonight!!!!!

i'm fired up myself cfg. Let's do it tonight wings. I'm predicting a 5-2 victory with the penggoons losing their cool again and throwing cheap elbws and getting game misconducts. There will be dancing in the streets of the d tonight!!!!!
    lets go red wings! Lets go red wings!

Go wings!!!

Well, I guess they'll just have to win it at home.

And they will.

It seems the Pen's know just how to play at home. They seemed like the stronger team through most of the game. Let's hope the outcome changes Friday at the Joe.
    What was the dispute over the Joe Vision with NBC, anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    It seems the Pen's know just how to play at home. They seemed like the stronger team through most of the game. Let's hope the outcome changes Friday at the Joe.
    What was the dispute over the Joe Vision with NBC, anybody know?
    There's no dispute, they just don't want to lose the ratings. I listen extensively to 97.1, and that's pretty much all they talked about yesterday. They're getting the highest ratings for NHL playoffs ever, and Detroit is, of course, one of the top markets, and they're afraid that is they allow Joe Vision, or for that matter, Mellin[[sp) Vision, the ratings will drop. The NHL powers that be also don't want to allow it because they get paid per ratings, and CBC went along with the request from NBC and the NHL to not broadcast via Joe Vision. The night that they showed the game outside in Pittsburg was due to the fact that the game was on Versus.

Interesting, JC - did not know that. I AM however, looking forward to our win in front of the Home Fans!

Interesting, JC - did not know that. I AM however, looking forward to our win in front of the Home Fans!
    Game 7 in Detroit this Friday - the drama!

JC - Thanks! I would much rather watch the away games in my living room anyway.

If the Wing's play like they did the last game at the Joe there will be no dispute as to the best team. But in game 7's, you never know. The puck can take some funny bounces.

My large bucket of Orville will be by my side with a couple of dead soldiers next to that! I might even pop for a Jet's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    JC - Thanks! I would much rather watch the away games in my living room anyway.

If the Wing's play like they did the last game at the Joe there will be no dispute as to the best team. But in game 7's, you never know. The puck can take some funny bounces.

My large bucket of Orville will be by my side with a couple of dead soldiers next to that! I might even pop for a Jet's.
    It will be Little Caeser's pizza, Crazy Bread, and a club soda to start the game for me, with some Cheeze-its as necessary. If it goes to OT, I'm slorping a huge bowl of vanilla ice cream smothered in maple syrup washed down with a tall glass of milk...oh, man, that sounds good. I think I'll just have one of those now!

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    It will be Little Caeser's pizza, Crazy Bread, and a club soda to start the game for me, with some Cheeze-its as necessary. If it goes to OT, I'm slorping a huge bowl of vanilla ice cream smothered in maple syrup washed down with a tall glass of milk...oh, man, that sounds good. I think I'll just have one of those now!
    Maple syrup? Isn't that bad karma? I'd opt for Sander's fudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    Maple syrup? Isn't that bad karma? I'd opt for Sander's fudge.
    I don't know much about karma, but admittedly the ice cream and syrup is sinfully delicious. Home game or not, game 7's are a bit of a crap shoot. I pray the Red Wings will win.

Page 49 of 263 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 99 149 ... LastLast