Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 40 of 263 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 6559

The "Wall" is awesome, and the Korean War Memorial is also breathtaking.

Thanks to all our vets.

Yes. God bless all our brave U.S. soldiers who paid the ultimate price for our freedom and our nation.

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    - the "Mr. S" used to be Mr. C's Deli throughout much of the 80's.
    Must have been later 80s, I went to LHE with a guy whose family owned that store, their last name was Casagrande. I forget what the store was named at the time... And yes their pizza was good. My freshman year was 85-86 and I think they owned it at least through my second year. They sold it, it became a Mr.C's or maybe a "Super C's" then it was sold to the Chaldeans to become Mr. S.

There was also a Mr. C's on Morang around Duchess or so, and that too became a "Mr. S" in the early 80's.

Not sure what happened to what I think was the "original" Mr. C's on Warren.

However, there was [[and presumably still is) a Mr. C's Deli in Grosse Pointe Woods on Mack at Ridgemont a few blocks north of Vernier - I lived very close to it throughout the 90's. Here it is:

Attachment 1445
    Last edited by EMG; November-01-10 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    There was also a Mr. C's on Morang around Duchess or so, and that too became a "Mr. S" in the early 80's.

Not sure what happened to what I think was the "original" Mr. C's on Warren.

However, there was [[and presumably still is) a Mr. C's Deli in Grosse Pointe Woods on Mack at Ridgemont a few blocks north of Vernier - I lived very close to it throughout the 90's. Here it is:

Attachment 1445
    The Mr. C's on Warren is also now a Mr. S.

The one on Mack is still open, as is the one on Mack south of Moross, across from Mr.C's Car Wash. The family no longer owns the party stores, they were sold to Chaldean's about 8 years ago but they kept the name. The family still owns the car wash.

St. Jude Mystery Photo #1

The mystery photo shouldn't be too difficult. The first correct respondent will receive an extra keilbasa at the next Polish dinner or extra meat ball at the spaghetti dinner. [[with the approval of CFG of course)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    St. Jude Mystery Photo #1

The mystery photo shouldn't be too difficult. The first correct respondent will receive an extra keilbasa at the next Polish dinner or extra meat ball at the spaghetti dinner. [[with the approval of CFG of course)
    Is that a thing that hung from a nun's belt and held pencils and stuff

is that the nexk of a cassock? perhaps on a choirboy/altar boy/ etc? Think it may be a choir boy holding a red hymnal.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Is that a thing that hung from a nun's belt and held pencils and stuff
    A soft toss is way too easy for you all. I guess some "trickeration" is in order. JC:
    It's your call.. an extra meat ball or keilbasa

A soft toss is way too easy for you all. I guess some "trickeration" is in order. JC:
    It's your call.. an extra meat ball or keilbasa
    I was up close and personal with a few nun's belts and rosaries in my time.
    I'll take that keilbasa, please.

I was up close and personal with a few nun's belts and rosaries in my time.
    I'll take that keilbasa, please.
    At eye level when sitting it was that pen holster or 15 decades of the Rosary. CFG: an extra keilbasa for our winner at the next SJ Polish dinner, Please.

can we see the whole picture, pray tell?

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    can we see the whole picture, pray tell?
    Sr. Leonita holstered and ready.

Okay - just got back - just trying to catch up - I'm guessing that no one stole the kiska while I was gone - but I have to dole out some xtra kielbasa at the next Polish dinner, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Okay - just got back - just trying to catch up - I'm guessing that no one stole the kiska while I was gone - but I have to dole out some xtra kielbasa at the next Polish dinner, yes?

Well, well, well, looky who showed up. We missed ya CFG! We all thought you went into the Witness Protection Program.

Now it's my turn to leave.

Riding the bike down to North Carolina tomorrow. Back around 6/10.

Not sure if I'll have internet access down there.

Behave yourselves while I'm gone.

What, I just got back and now you're leaving????? Almost witness protection---kept a very low profile - fedora, big glasses, Dick Purtan Glasses and mustache - you know, so no one would notice me in my undisclosed location.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post

I hear tell they got those fancy-ass conveniences down there now. You might have to crank the modem, but it's worth it to talk to us, ain't it?

Where in NC are you going?

I hear tell they got those fancy-ass conveniences down there now. You might have to crank the modem, but it's worth it to talk to us, ain't it?

Where in NC are you going?

Where ya heading after NC EB?

EB: Please say "Hi" to Andy, Aunt Bee, Floyd, and Goober. You may want to stop in that fancy diner while in Mount Pilot...They have the best fried chicken and sweet potatoes this side of Mayberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Yes CFG, the puzzle whiz kid struck again. The extra piece of kielbasa will appreciated. Let us all know when the next St. Jude Polish dinner is so we can all enjoy.
    BTW, Good to see you back.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Where ya heading after NC EB?
    I'm riding down to Fontana Dam which is about 150 miles west of Asheville, just south of Smokey Mtn. Nat'l Park. Will be there until next Saturday. From there I head up to central PA to pick up my Mad Max rig. I'll leave the BMW there & take the VStrom rig home. A buddy who's an airline pilot will fly out to PA & ride the Beemer home for me.

I'll be leaving 6/16 on the MM rig for the US Sidecar Ass'n rally in S. Lake Tahoe, then up the CA coast to Portland, then back via Gd. Teton, Yellowstone & Mt. Rushmore.

Going to be having dinner with Z on the way out. Probably no Polish food, though.

I'm riding down to Fontana Dam which is about 150 miles west of Asheville, just south of Smokey Mtn. Nat'l Park. Will be there until next Saturday. From there I head up to central PA to pick up my Mad Max rig. I'll leave the BMW there & take the VStrom rig home. A buddy who's an airline pilot will fly out to PA & ride the Beemer home for me.

I'll be leaving 6/16 on the MM rig for the US Sidecar Ass'n rally in S. Lake Tahoe, then up the CA coast to Portland, then back via Gd. Teton, Yellowstone & Mt. Rushmore.

Going to be having dinner with Z on the way out. Probably no Polish food, though.
    Trust me EB if there was any Polish food here I would have eaten it all by now, but you'll enjoy where were going

EB: Please say "Hi" to Andy, Aunt Bee, Floyd, and Goober. You may want to stop in that fancy diner while in Mount Pilot...They have the best fried chicken and sweet potatoes this side of Mayberry.

Don't forget Howard, Opie, Gomer, Otis, Helen, Thelma Lou & Ellie. And who could forget Sarah the Operator

I presume photos will be sent to those "back home"! Sounds like quite a grand trip EB - be careful out there! I heard Deputy Fife's got a radar gun - and he gets it confused with the real one! North Carolina is a beautiful State! Enjoy!......and it's good to be back - thanks KR

Page 40 of 263 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 140 ... LastLast