Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Z got one on his profile somehow.

I've got one in my profile, too. I thought you meant an avatar when you post.

You can add that in your CP, and go to Edit Profile Picture. Then you upload and it will show in your profile.

Now I've learned 2 new things - Avatars - and we now have 1 of 2 pages. How did that happen?

How did I meander off the main thread?

With Palm Sunday this week, it brings back memories of when my wife's grandparents used to weave the palms into different objects, most notably the crucifix. They were both from Italy, and brought with them so many traditions that have been lost over the years. I wish I would have had the forethought to learn some of them, when thay were still with us, as these traditions passed with them. Does anyone here know how to do this, or was it a tradition in your family that also was lost?

I used to be able to make a cross with my palm branch, but would really have to work at it now. Interesting memory! We still take them to place behind the crucifixes in the house.

Do all of our posts now go on multiple pages? - or do we have to use quick reply to keep everything on the same page?

Nevermind, I'm a slow learner - I get it! :-)

Avatar images can be cartoon characters or even customized photos. I don't see where one can select an avatar image in this forum. Any suggestions?

Well, I'm here, and I can't find my brother! JohnR, come out, come out, where ever you are! I promise I won't hurt you! Hehehehe

JCole--Of course I remember you. We only had about a million sleepovers in your basement. We slept in sleeping bags on the cement floor. If I did that now, I'd have to be hospitalized!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    Well, I'm here, and I can't find my brother! JohnR, come out, come out, where ever you are! I promise I won't hurt you! Hehehehe

JCole--Of course I remember you. We only had about a million sleepovers in your basement. We slept in sleeping bags on the cement floor. If I did that now, I'd have to be hospitalized!!
    Hey Janet! Your brother hasn't made the migration to the new forum yet. Welcome to the party!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Avatar images can be cartoon characters or even customized photos. I don't see where one can select an avatar image in this forum. Any suggestions?
    KR, near the top of the page you'll see a tab that says User CP. Click that, and then down aways on the left side they'll be another tab for profile picture. You can upload from there.

Welcome Big Sis. Glad you finally got out of "lurking" mode

Hey, BigSis, welcome. How could I ever forget those sleepovers? My house and Mary Lou's were often the sites. Lot's of parties and good times back then.
    How is life treating you now?
    Oh, and if I slept on a cement floor now, they may as well just move me directly to traction.

Hi Everybody! Life is OK. Tired of winter. I'm glad I found this forum. I have many memories to share. Anyone remember Sr. Paul Therese?? Oh, do share your stories!

JCole-Is Mary Lou on here?

Just don't share the one about the word you erased off the blackboard!!

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Just don't share the one about the word you erased off the blackboard!!
    OMG! You remember that? Oh, this forum is not a safe place to be! But, do you remember who wrote that word on the blackboard?

The first one to post with an avatar gets an extra bowl of soup. [[right CFG?)

Ummm..yeah

Good luck posting an Avatar.
    vBulletin Message
    The administrator has disabled the use of avatars.

BSJR: Welcome to the St. Jude Thread #2. It looks like you're familiar with many of our posters. Hope to hear a few of your stories.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Ummm..yeah
    Oh my dear man, I'm so glad YOU REMEMBER!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    Oh my dear man, I'm so glad YOU REMEMBER!!
    Dear me, from a member of the choir too.

Hi Kellyroad! Yes, I'm starting to get a feel of who's who, only because I've been lurking.

I lived in the house on Kelly Rd. right next to the alley, right next to the car wash. I lived there from 1976 to 1980. Then JohnR took over from there. It put us much closer to church living there.

Page 3 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 103 ... LastLast