Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 209 of 263 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 219 259 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by 5thSFGP View Post
    Seems to me I learned about in 2002 or 2003. I attended Austin Catholic College Prep for a bit but it's been long closed - or at least that's what I've been told.
    The plan is to restart Austin on 23 near Card in Macomb Twp as coed. The property is there, but I think the econony has slowed it up a bit.

Hey all, did everyone get in trouble with Sr. Leonita and have to write, "I will not chew gum in school again" 500 times on the blackboard? Come on, come out and lets do something!

Nope, not me - straight A's in conduct. Though my friend down the street spent a couple of years in military school following his encounter with Leonita.

I had a friend who spent a couple years in military school after SJS, too.
    At Marmion in ILL

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    Hey all, did everyone get in trouble with Sr. Leonita and have to write, "I will not chew gum in school again" 500 times on the blackboard? Come on, come out and lets do something!
    It went a lot faster if you used that five chalk line maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock7 View Post
    Nope, not me - straight A's in conduct. Though my friend down the street spent a couple of years in military school following his encounter with Leonita.
    There was that one kid who got expelled in the third grade ... ~ '66/'67, but I believe Sr. Leonita was gone by then.

The only other person I remember getting expelled was a freshman at NDHS. The kid pulled a knife on Mr. Kelly [[gym teacher / coach) from what I remember. Not too bright if you ask me.

I don't know if my brother got expelled from ND or if he just decided to go to St. Catherine's, but he only went there one year, and was always in trouble with the priests. One time, he fell asleep in class and one of the brothers grabbed him by the tie to pull him up and he ended up with just a tie in his hand and my brother still sleeping. He was wearing a clip on which was against the rules.

This is a repeat Sr. Leonita story so if you've heard it bear with it. It was scout week in the Feb of 64. I was in my cub scout uniform [[as all the scouts and cub scouts dressed in their unis during that week). Sr. Leonita was doing her PA announcements when all of a sudden she either bumped into the microphone or accidentally hit a button...it made an usual noise..My buddy in the seat next to me started to laugh. Laughter is very infectious...When one tries to suppress laughter, especially at the age of 10, it usually works in the opposite way. Next thing I knew, Sr. Robert Marie yanked me out of my seat and dragged me down to Sr. Leonita's office. She had just finished the announcements. After she found about my laughter [[disrespect) she exclaimed "You're a disgrace to the uniform. Go home and change"..The worst part of this was having to go to Sr. James Marie's room [[She was the assistant principal at that time), knock on the door, walk in and ask for an 8th grade safety patrol boy to walk me home so I could change. Usually I did well in conduct and I'm not sure if that kind of negative reenforcement changed my behavior or was a striking example to others that you'd better shut the %*#@*^ during the PA announcements. I'll take the writing on the black board anytime, especially with that 5 chalk line maker

I personally never got into any trouble with the good sista's

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    It went a lot faster if you used that five chalk line maker.
    forgot about that thing........................

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I personally never got into any trouble with the good sista's

You always were a perfect angel; just like I was.

forgot about that thing........................
    CFG actually has one that was.. uhm... purloined from the school.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You always were a perfect angel; just like I was.

It was always a battle for Citizen of the Year Award between us

It was always a battle for Citizen of the Year Award between us

oh man, i think i am going to puke. us '71ers always knew you '70s were different.

oh man, i think i am going to puke. us '71ers always knew you '70s were different.
    Yeah, we were soooo cute.

Yeah, we were soooo cute.
    clean up outside room 104!

That's Eastburn's duty

That's Eastburn's duty
    then he better bring a lot of sawdust!!!

I'm on my way - flit gun, broom & bucket at the ready. You little kids just stay in line while Rich & I take care of things [[and duck out of class for an hour or so).

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    I'm on my way - flit gun, broom & bucket at the ready. You little kids just stay in line while Rich & I take care of things [[and duck out of class for an hour or so).
    Better watch what you say. Did you hear that? The unmistakable sound of a long rosary swingin' in the breeze. Watch out, here comes the pointer and that darned bar of Camay!!!!!

Better watch what you say. Did you hear that? The unmistakable sound of a long rosary swingin' in the breeze. Watch out, here comes the pointer and that darned bar of Camay!!!!!
    I was untouchable. I served 6:30 Mass every morning in the convent & was on my way to the seminary.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    I was untouchable. I served 6:30 Mass every morning in the convent & was on my way to the seminary.
    Sure snowed them, dint ya?

There's football being played at St. Jude Field again this afternoon. Seems like a different set of team colors each time I go by. I was surprised to see a private contractor was mowing and edging at Heilman - Urban Lawnscape[[or 'ers or 'ing or something like that).I can't remember ever seeing it as well trimmed.

Sure snowed them, dint ya?
    You betcha! Still doing it.

Some of them 76 wooden trombones for the big parade in Music Man doubled as walloping sticks for the recalcitrant. Not to worry, some broke if swung too hard.