Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Welcome aboard. It looks weird, doesn't it?

Can you see my entire profile when I post?

It looks really weird and will take some getting used to. I know, I know, into the future, but the old way was ALOT easier to post and follow!

You're right CFG. Like the old style so much better. Too much extra stuff. Templates need to be simplier.

This is what I see when clicking on your name:
    Campfire Girl

Send Message User Lists Last Activity: Today 10:34 AM
    Current Activity: Replying to Thread St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia
    User Lists
    Add to Friends List
    Remove from Contacts
    Add to Ignore List
    Send a Message to Campfire Girl
    Send a private message to Campfire Girl

StatisticsFriends» Statistics
    Total Posts
    Total Posts: 3
    Posts Per Day: 1.73
    Find all posts by Campfire Girl
    Find all threads started by Campfire Girl
    Blog
    Total Entries: 0
    Last Blog Entry: Never
    View all blog entries by Campfire Girl

If you go to the upper right hand corner of this page, under where it says 'How To's', you should see a little box that says 'Welcome <username>. This is where you receive private messages and friend requests. If you friend someone, they can see your profile.

What's the difference between a member and junior member under one's profile?

I don't know. I wondered that myself.

Thanks J -
    I will need to work on this - maybe this weekend - to get you guys all "friended" up!

New cite, very cumbersome to use

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    What's the difference between a member and junior member under one's profile?

If I had to guess, it would probably be something that changes once you reach past a certain milestone in # of posts.

If you go to the 'Quick Links' drop down at the top of the page, you can see who's online, what's been posted today, if you have any new messages and some other handy stuff.
    I just wish that there was a way to lock that menu bar in place.

KR, we need you to go to the old thread and close it out. Z had the idea that you should have that honor, and EB seconded.

Out with the old, in with the new

What was the grand total for our thread and can we get back to it through archives?

What is the "Title" field for on the replies?

Default This is a title

Final count was 9488, and as far as I know, the other site will live on just as an archive.

I just put in a title, and it seems like it titles the post if you want to call attention to it.

The title shows up when you preview, but not after you submit, so I have no idea. Maybe it's for searching??

Thanks, I was by-passing that field and didn't know if it would affect retrieval down the line. I don't know that a title is necessary for every exchange.

I agree, CFG. One of the things I hate about this forum is the 10 character posing requirement. I tried to simply type 'Agreed' but I can't. Not enough letters.

Good to know - I would have wondered what I was doing wrong.

Last Stations of the Cross - with Soup and Bread this Friday. Soup and Bread at 5:30 in the Parish Center - followed by Stations and Benediction at 7pm at church. All are welcome!

This is going to be a dumb question, but what is an "Avatar". It has that checked off as a default in my profile.

An avatar is a picture that goes along with your name at the side [[or somewhere) of the post. Once you put it up there it will appear on each post. I can't wait to see what JC puts up.

I know the Avatar check box is there, but I don't think we can use them for posting on here. I've never seen a spot to upload one

Page 2 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 102 ... LastLast