Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 19 of 263 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 69 119 ... LastLast

No GUTTERmouths yesterday - and yes, everyone had a BALL! As far as who can beat who on the lanes, I'll guess we'll just have to see. I did entertain Mike and Viv with my VERY unorthodox bowling technique - 2 steps, skip, 2 steps, end on right foot, throw with right hand. [[I'm a lefty at baseball and golf - and apparently, my feet and arms aren't coordinated enough to know whether I'm a right or left handed bowler) After a couple of strikes - "Skippy" showed them she could bowl-----as well as be entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    No GUTTERmouths yesterday - and yes, everyone had a BALL! As far as who can beat who on the lanes, I'll guess we'll just have to see. I did entertain Mike and Viv with my VERY unorthodox bowling technique - 2 steps, skip, 2 steps, end on right foot, throw with right hand. [[I'm a lefty at baseball and golf - and apparently, my feet and arms aren't coordinated enough to know whether I'm a right or left handed bowler) After a couple of strikes - "Skippy" showed them she could bowl-----as well as be entertaining!
    This reminds me of the bowling birthday parties I held in my younger days. In an effort to remove any bowling skill from affecting the score, each frame needed to be a trick shot. So, the first frame may have been "Bowl with your opposite hand", second frame was "Bowl between your legs", etc, etc. One frame was designated "A hop, skip and a bowl."

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    This reminds me of the bowling birthday parties I held in my younger days. In an effort to remove any bowling skill from affecting the score, each frame needed to be a trick shot. So, the first frame may have been "Bowl with your opposite hand", second frame was "Bowl between your legs", etc, etc. One frame was designated "A hop, skip and a bowl."

This reminds me of how they bowl in Bedrock

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Gee, you're lucky, I've never been there.

Yabba Dabba Doo!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Gee, you're lucky, I've never been there.
    You never bowled there with Mr. Slate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    Yabba Dabba Doo!

Old twinkle toes Fred. LMAO!!

Do you think Fred's bowling ball was at least 16 pounds?

Fred and Barney - too funny.

Reminds me of the Hurricanes at Acme Bowling Alley ... can't find that picture though.

There are sixteen reasons why the Lions' new logo does not upset me.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    There are sixteen reasons why the Lions' new logo does not upset me.
    You mean the 16 games they lost last year or the 16 they're going to lose this year?

You mean the 16 games they lost last year or the 16 they're going to lose this year?
    C'mon JC, Realize if the Lions win just one game this year, They'll be infinetly better than last. Be positive and keep hope alive. After all, this is a St. Jude thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    C'mon JC, Realize if the Lions win just one game this year, They'll be infinetly better than last. Be positive and keep hope alive. After all, this is a St. Jude thread.
    I know. It's not a 'I love the Lions' thread. Yes, one game is an infinite improvement, which in itself is just plain sad.

and. of course, St. Jude is the patron saint of...........................

Thank goodness the Tigers are playing again and well. Life has returned to normal.

There are hopeless causes, and then there is the impossible.

Good one, J, but I am hoping for some improvement.

Millen's gone. Marinelli's gone. They're better by attrition already.

Hopefully, they won't let ESPN influence their draft selections. It amazes me how all their rumors, if true, seem to benefit their favorites, among which Detroit teams are not.

There are hopeless causes, and then there is the impossible.
    Well, then the Lions have the best Saint on their side. To dream the impossible dream........

BTW, Go Wings!

Just saw this obit in the News. Does anyone remember Sr. Schnell? It says she taught at St. Jude.
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...+social+worker

Just saw this obit in the News. Does anyone remember Sr. Schnell? It says she taught at St. Jude.
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...+social+worker
    She's listed on the Golden Jubilee program that CFG posted, but it doesn't give years or anything. She was probably called Sr.Francis Winifred in our day. We didn't think nuns had last names until 1969.

Sr. Francis Winifred? Man, do I remember her. She taught geography in the 7th grade, down a few rooms from 129 on that side of the hall. I remember she was pretty tall - it is all relative, and she was a toughy, but a good one.

Sr. Francis Winifred - May God rest her dear soul. I had her in 4th grade in room 100. She loved to hear children sing, controlled her classroom, and otherwise added value in so many ways to so many people.

Just a reminder it's that time of the year to replace the batteries in the remotes. We've got the trifecta going tonight although I will find it hard to give the Stones much of my attention, sadly they are just a shell of what they were.

WOW - you're a mind reader Z - I DO need new batteries in the remote - Why is it that I feel like if I press down harder on the changer, it will work better?

Page 19 of 263 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 69 119 ... LastLast