Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 17 of 263 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 117 ... LastLast

CFG - you are heavenly blessed because of your compassion. Your folks passed along some good genes, no doubt.

Thanks J - it was definitely a life altering decision - but one we wouldn't change.

CFG: Thanks again for sharing your mom's story of courage and fortitude. The Mark Fidrych story is just a sidebar to what you and your family experienced.

You're very welcome - we were very proud of her - and continue to be blessed to have so many friends for support when things get a little rough. We didn't have Father Robert as a pastor at that time - but as St. Jude would have it, a former St. Jude associate, Fr. Rich Bartoszek was the minister at Bon Secours, and provided incredible support. He was at St. Jude's when Mom was first diagnosed and would come EVERY Saturday to spend some time with her. He even said a Mass at our house for her. Yes, many blessings. We continue to remain good friends with him and I'm sure that will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    You're very welcome - we were very proud of her - and continue to be blessed to have so many friends for support when things get a little rough. We didn't have Father Robert as a pastor at that time - but as St. Jude would have it, a former St. Jude associate, Fr. Rich Bartoszek was the minister at Bon Secours, and provided incredible support. He was at St. Jude's when Mom was first diagnosed and would come EVERY Saturday to spend some time with her. He even said a Mass at our house for her. Yes, many blessings. We continue to remain good friends with him and I'm sure that will never change.
    CFG: It is indeed a small world. I remember Father Rich long after I left St. Jude. He atteneded the same wedding reception/family reunion in Manistee [[his home town) in 1989. We saw him frequently at mass at SJ when visiting my folks. He also came downriver and became pastor at Our Lady of the Woods in Wood Haven [[not my Parish). I understand he also did chapllin services at Heritage Hospital. He seemed to be very compassionate and caring.

Then who's going to look after Z in his dottage?

EB - I think that honor falls upon we, his friends! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Then who's going to look after Z in his dottage?
    It does one's heart good to see such concern for another's dottage.

I don't plan on dotteraging - so I'm good - Z - you have plans of Dotteragdom? Do we need to start thinking about a Dotterage home for the SJ aged?

EB: I'm surprised at you!! Being the former almost priest in the group suggesting scuh a nefarious act on my part. I'm not sure how to respond. I'll give you some cred though you are one old hip-hop dude. From the urban dictionary.

Dottage The practice of whoring oneself by rubbing up against other members members on a message board & flattering them & massaging their egos in order to gain rep points

Hopefully, EB meant 'dotage' or else he needs to pray for forgiveness.
    Z, we know you wouldn't flatter anyone or massage their egos.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Hopefully, EB meant 'dotage' or else he needs to pray for forgiveness.
    Z, we know you wouldn't flatter anyone or massage their egos.
    Thanks JC I've got a rep to uphold don't ya know

Oh crap - I'm really out of the loop - didn't even know there was such as thing as a Dottage - I thought we were talking about Dotage - Senility - you know things that MAY happen to us 50 years from now!

Oh crap - I'm really out of the loop - didn't even know there was such as thing as a Dottage - I thought we were talking about Dotage - Senility - you know things that MAY happen to us 50 years from now!

Don't try to talk your way out of it now cfg. We know you're down wit it

EB - I think that honor falls upon we, his friends! :-)
    Nuh-uh, I'm not going to take care of Z while he whores himself.

Nuh-uh, I'm not going to take care of Z while he whores himself.
    Just goes to show you who your true friends are

I'm with J on this one - you're on your own with your dottering self.

You just have to draw the line somewhere.

I agree! Sorry Z- we drop out of the running for being your lovely assistants!

I agree! Sorry Z- we drop out of the running for being your lovely assistants!
    You guys are no fun. Can I at least still count on you to take of me in my dotage then?

Seriously in question at this point - J? What do you think?

Well, as long as it's dotage and not dottage, and he promises not to chase us around in his wheel chair, I'm in.

Well, as long as it's dotage and not dottage, and he promises not to chase us around in his wheel chair, I'm in.
    Can't promise that but I will promise not to drool on you though.

Sounds like a compromise we can all live with. Think of the fun we'll have in wheelchair races - almost like dodgeball - who's got the youngest kid to help pick up the pieces?

Sounds like a compromise we can all live with. Think of the fun we'll have in wheelchair races - almost like dodgeball - who's got the youngest kid to help pick up the pieces?
    I've got grandkids, so we're set for a while

Page 17 of 263 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 117 ... LastLast