Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 16 of 263 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Your daughters look just like you, and I'd recognize Mike anywhere. Great family.
    My daughters would love you! They always love it when people say they look like me! LOL They never wanted to look like their father! What a hoot!

JCole is absolutely right - your daughters definitely take after their Mom! :-)

Nice looking family Bigsis and JC's right I'd recognize Mike still after all these years.

and BigSis - you haven't changed a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    My daughters would love you! They always love it when people say they look like me! LOL They never wanted to look like their father! What a hoot!
    I've got one daughter who looks like me and one looks like her dad, and they hate it whichever way you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    He was truly a nice person too. He spent a lot of time with my Mom when she was honored as the first "Ironwoman" at the Lou Gehrig luncheon for Henry Ford Hospital. We took pictures and he took the time to put his hand on hers and wish her the best. I won't forget that.
    That is a great story CFG. ....especially regarding your mom. Thanks for sharing.

I will look for the picture tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Indeed, if you had some pics to share I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.
    I found the picture of "The Bird" and Mom, but my scanner died - will try to post as soon as I can replace the scanner.

Thanks Cfg. You can just take a digital pic of it too

No pressure CFG: All of SJ forum is waiting with bated breath. Like Z says, If the scanner is down a pic of a pic will do. Hey, but no pressure

Yeah, no pressure here! I was thinking digital pic - but would really like to scan the real deal- will try to find a scanner around here!

Hurry up! But there's no pressure

Detrot FSN had a nice tribute to The Bird last night with Ernie Harwell doing a nice piece in it.

Default Mom and Mark

No, no pressure at all!

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. I'll bet she was thrilled

She sure was! The day she was honored, Bet and I gave a Caregivers speech as she was unable to speak about her battles. She did, however, thank everyone for coming - and said "See you next year" - and she did!

CFG, great picture. That's a great memory to hold onto! Thanks for sharing.

Nice shutout today of the Sucks. My vote is to move Galarraga to the #1 slot until Justin figures things out.

Great picture, CFG. Your mother must have been so proud of you and Bet. You should have gotten a best daughters award.

That is a great picture CFG. The Bird's pose tells volumes of his compassion and your mom's delight. What a treasure!

Galarraga today just as he did last season shows why he is the ace of the club.
    Josh Anderson is a speed demon on the base path and should prove very interesting.

Neat picture, CFG. Thanks.

Thanks all - for your kind words. Mom was the hero - battling ALS for 12 years and even as it changed her lifestyle and altered her abilities - she never once complained. It was difficult - no doubt - but she made our caregivers decision an easier road than it might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Galarraga today just as he did last season shows why he is the ace of the club.
    Josh Anderson is a speed demon on the base path and should prove very interesting.

Anderson needs to stay in the lineup for the intangibles his speed brings. Santiago should stay at SS and put Chrissy coming off the bench. I'm not impressed with him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Thanks all - for your kind words. Mom was the hero - battling ALS for 12 years and even as it changed her lifestyle and altered her abilities - she never once complained. It was difficult - no doubt - but she made our caregivers decision an easier road than it might have been.
    That's as may be, but you and Bet deserve a lot of credit for taking that road. It's one I don't know if I would have the intestinal fortitude for, and I doubt many people would.

Page 16 of 263 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 66 116 ... LastLast