Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 157 of 263 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 167 207 257 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Maybe we can share a bottle?
    Between you & me 1 bottle will never make it.

"Halcion or triazolam, an insomnia drug" per Wikipedia.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Between you & me 1 bottle will never make it.

"Halcion or triazolam, an insomnia drug" per Wikipedia.

"
    I looked but couldn't find that one.
    You're right, one bottle wouldn't scratch the surface

Quote Originally Posted by bkd4life View Post
    Non-sequitur for today:
    I've heard Anglicans call Roman Catholic services "smells n' bells," but I just loved that St. Jude incense and the four-chamber bells ringing at Consecration.
    Remember those four-chamber bells very well when I served as a knight of the altar [[altar boy). St. Jude still uses a four-chamber bell set now.
    Last edited by kellyroad; February-21-10 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Remember those four-chamber bells very well when I served as a knight of the altar [[altar boy). St. Jude still uses a four-chamber bell set now.
    Oh, these bells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOlAAIxXIg

Yup, it's Our Lady of the Lakes. Not sure when Father Deloney went to SJS--I'm still fuzzy on judging priests' chronological ages and, as I mentioned, he's not interested in waxing warmly about those halcyon years.
    Halcyon - wasn't that the oil services conglomerate that went belly up after they cooked the books?

Haladol is an anti-psychotic.
    It's actually "Haldol," not Haladol. [[As a medical coder, I see lots of cases where this gets used on psycho patients).

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    It's actually "Haldol," not Haladol. [[As a medical coder, I see lots of cases where this gets used on psycho patients).
    Lots of those around here.

Just an FYI. Haldol [[tradename for haloperidol) is infrequently used now due to its side effects profile and the availability of newer and better tolerated atypical antipsychotics. The injectable form of haldol[[IM or IV) is still used often for aggitation. Halcion [[trade name for triazolam), a sleep aid, is presribed less frequently now due to the availability of better tolerated meds such as Ambien [[zolpidem).....SO, rest assured that the halcyon days we experienced at St. Jude were real...no haldol necessary.

Just an FYI. Haldol [[tradename for haloperidol) is infrequently used now due to its side effects profile and the availability of newer and better tolerated atypical antipsychotics. The injectable form of haldol[[IM or IV) is still used often for aggitation. Halcion [[trade name for triazolam), a sleep aid, is presribed less frequently now due to the availability of better tolerated meds such as Ambien [[zolpidem).....SO, rest assured that the halcyon days we experienced at St. Jude were real...no haldol necessary.
    I was just waiting for you to weigh in on this. We can always count on you, our resident drug peddler, for the straight poop.

Yep, we should have asked KR to begin with. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    I was just waiting for you to weigh in on this. We can always count on you, our resident drug peddler, for the straight poop.
    Pepto Bismol might help with this

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Halcyon - wasn't that the oil services conglomerate that went belly up after they cooked the books?
    Not quite, but maybe some off the personnel who worked for Haliburton could have used some Haldol - especially when they learned that their retirement days weren't going to be as halcyon as they had previously expected....

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Not quite, but maybe some off the personnel who worked for Haliburton could have used some Haldol - especially when they learned that their retirement days weren't going to be as halcyon as they had previously expected....
    Actually, Halliburton is alive and well and thriving. I was referring to Enron.

LOL - you're right. I'm so used to hearing those two names in the news I've taken to mentally interchanging them!

Gee whiz--it's quite amazing how much "back n' forth" one little adjective in a thread can produce! Now, SJS students...do we all recall how to diagram "halcyon" in a sentence?

Yeah--dose bells!

Gee whiz--it's quite amazing how much "back n' forth" one little adjective in a thread can produce! Now, SJS students...do we all recall how to diagram "halcyon" in a sentence?
    Yes. If you mean halcyon as an adjective it would be drawn on a diagonal line under the noun as its modifier[[either as the subject or object).

i.e. In the sentence "Everyone experienced halcyon days at St. Jude."
    "Everyone" is the subject, "experienced" is the past tense verb, and "days" is the object modified by the adjective halcyon.
    It would look like: Everyone/experienced/days with "halcyon" under days along with the preposition "at St. Jude".

Thank you Sr. Mary John and Sr. Robert Marie for all your patience in showing 4th and 5th graders sentence structure.

Yes. If you mean halcyon as an adjective it would be drawn on a diagonal line under the noun as its modifier[[either as the subject or object).

i.e. In the sentence "Everyone experienced halcyon days at St. Jude."
    "Everyone" is the subject, "experienced" is the past tense verb, and "days" is the object modified by the adjective halcyon.
    It would look like: Everyone/experienced/days with "halcyon" under days along with the preposition "at St. Jude".

Thank you Sr. Mary John and Sr. Robert Marie for all your patience in showing 4th and 5th graders sentence structure.
    I agree mostly that with which they learned me good sentence structure for.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I agree mostly that with which they learned me good sentence structure for.
    They sure done a real good job on me and you, didn't they?

Dey would be prowd of yur speling, gramer and sentance struckture.

They sure done a real good job on me and you, didn't they?

Friggin' eh.

An' I reads real good also.

Yous guys shud gets stars on yer fourheds.

Them guys wur tha smart wons!