Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 15 of 263 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Hates Easter! Gained 4 pounds in 3 days! Damn food and candy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    Hates Easter! Gained 4 pounds in 3 days! Damn food and candy!!!
    Aww, it's mostly water weight. Just believe that.

Walked six miles Saturday to prepare for the upcoming meal on Sunday.
    Ham - Lamb - Kielbasa w kraut - Pierogies [[cheese and potato) - 4-different salads - bread - fruit - Main blueberry pie for desert.
    I will need another week's worth of walking to get rid of all that. I'm still stuffed !

Sounds like we all had the same traditional feast! I don't think I can eat for at least another day! Kielbasa, ham, eggs, pierogis.......ahhh bliss.....even w/o the candy!

I'm so kielbasa'd out, my blood has turned to pork grease.

I've yet to find anything close to resembling authentic Kielbasa here so I don't have that problem.

I used to count on going to Yde's in Mt.Clemens whenever I got back there and would take some home but the last time I was in there it looked like it was on it's last legs and all they had was some frozen which I bought but it just wasn't the same as when I could get it in there fresh.

I gave up looking for any good sausage here in TN 20 years ago. We used to have kolbaz and hurka from the Hungarian meat market in Delray back in the day. That I miss more than Strohs beer.

Probably best for the ole cholesterol, but it sucks around the holidays.

Guess you exiles will just have to learn to make your own kielbasa. My brother-in-law makes the best I've ever had. I helped him once. It was quite a project but well worth it.

I've made my own, and smoked it, but it is much easier to go to Ye Olde Polish Market and buy it.

Everyone knows that the bird is the word.....bird, bird, bird,bird....
    What a tragedy! The summer of 76 WAS the bird. May he rest in peace.

He brought Tiger baseball to the national limelight at a time the team trully did not warrant it. His career was cut short but the memory of that fantastic summer will be forever etched in the minds of those of us who witnessed it.

It's really sad that it had to end this way for him. But he will always be remembered as someone who brought joy to a lot of people

I remember walking home from St. Judes on McCormick and somebody had painted Fidrych throwing a ball on the garage door. People don't do things like that anymore.

He was truly a nice person too. He spent a lot of time with my Mom when she was honored as the first "Ironwoman" at the Lou Gehrig luncheon for Henry Ford Hospital. We took pictures and he took the time to put his hand on hers and wish her the best. I won't forget that.

That's a sweet story, CFG. I'll bet it meant a lot to her

Indeed, if you had some pics to share I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Aww, it's mostly water weight. Just believe that.
    OK, it's only water gain! I can't get my jeans on, but, yeah, it's only water.

Now, I've been eating the damn leftovers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Help!!!

Okay, so it's heavy water.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Okay, so it's heavy water.
    Correct, heavy water.

I'm close to throwing out all food in the fridge!

Default Easter

The Family at Easter!

Beautiful Picture - and Beautiful Family!

and Z - will look for pictures

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    Correct, heavy water.

I'm close to throwing out all food in the fridge!
    Your daughters look just like you, and I'd recognize Mike anywhere. Great family.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Beautiful Picture - and Beautiful Family!
    Thank You. It was a fun day!

Page 15 of 263 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast