Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 15 of 198 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I'm only an 8 year old girl, so you probably don't want to hang out with me.
    Isn't this the same 8 year old girl who rode her bike all the way to the Franklin Library?

I'm only an 8 year old girl, so you probably don't want to hang out with me.
    Girls have Cooties

KR - Sorry I don't get to hang out at the pool till next year!
    Z - Yeah! I'm itchin all over from them.

Girls don't have Cooties, boys have Cooties. Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah nyah.
    Kellyroad, let me get a peanut butter sandwich and my thermos of Kool-aid, and I'll be there soon.

Kellyroad, let me get a peanut butter sandwich and my thermos of Kool-aid, and I'll be there soon.

Oh yeah???

You're going to carry around a thermos??!!..

Yeah. Dumb boys.

Yeah. Dumb boys.

Girls.. Yeeech!!!

[[I honestly don't remember ever thinking boys were yucky or dumb. I kind of always had a thing for them)

and the year was 64.........just moved to Faircrest and the St. Jude journey began! We've all grown up so much since then! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    and the year was 64.........just moved to Faircrest and the St. Jude journey began! We've all grown up so much since then! :-)
    The grown up part is a whole other discussion.

Since we're all the way over by Heilmann's, I might has well check out the party store at 7 and Brock. What was the name of that one anyway, Brock's?

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Since we're all the way over by Heilmann's, I might has well check out the party store at 7 and Brock. What was the name of that one anyway, Brock's?
    Not 100% sure. Wasn't it the 7/Brock party store?

We've all grown up so much since then
    Well, sort of

after I eat, I'll hang the thermos in my leather bag on the handlebars. Sheeesh

What else you got in that bag?

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    What else you got in that bag?
    A sandwich. And books.

Don't forget your bike lock. Are you going to stand in the swimming pool line with the thermos? It's almost 3:30PM and it looks like they're letting us in. BTW, did you get your ticket stub before standing in line? The pool limit is 208.

What I would DO to hear Ernie and Paul call a game! Nothing like the old transistor radio under the pillow at night - listening to those West coast games.

hey,
    I think you are talking about two different houses. There was a house on the corner of the playfield, but I thought the Salter house was on the southeast corner of 7 Mile and Morang, but then again, I may be wrong. What was the name of the church at that intersection?

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    hey,
    I think you are talking about two different houses. There was a house on the corner of the playfield, but I thought the Salter house was on the southeast corner of 7 Mile and Morang, but then again, I may be wrong. What was the name of the church at that intersection?
    Unless there was more than one Salter house, the Salter house I am thinking of was DEFINITELY on the NORTH side of Seven Mile, west of Brock. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the church - was it Mt. Hope? Or am I thinking of the other Hope [[Lutheran?) that was on the north side of Morang at McKinney.... Hm....I was Catholic at the time so didn't pay much attention to the other churches.

i remember the porch on the one at the playfield. by the way, i just looked at google maps, and the house i thought was the one in question, ain't the one, so i defer.

Attachment 1778That Lutheran Church was on the south side of 7 Mile. St. Jude Playfield was on the northeast corner of Brock and 7. The party store/ice cream store was on the northwest corner. Vetere's was on the other side of that store.The white house was on the corner of the lot across from the church.

all this talk about that area reminds me of my pediatrician. Anyone else go to Dr. Irving Burton who had his office further down 7 Mile across from Fantasy? He was part of the family who had the big historical collection in Detroit. Dad always thought we were paying for that.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    all this talk about that area reminds me of my pediatrician. Anyone else go to Dr. Irving Burton who had his office further down 7 Mile across from Fantasy? He was part of the family who had the big historical collection in Detroit. Dad always thought we were paying for that.
    Burton was my family pediatrician also. I didn't realize he was from the famous Burton family of the library/historical collection fame. Interesting.

Page 15 of 198 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast