Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 14 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Ooooh, and I almost forgot, a couple pounds of their homemade sauerkraut. The kielbase needs that to cozy up to.

Here we go rubbing Polish food in my face again. I'll be there by 6:00

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Here we go rubbing Polish food in my face again. I'll be there by 6:00
    You'd love it if someone rubbed Polish food in your face. Go on, admit it.

Z - Oh yeah! Now I remember him. And who's that skinny kid on the right next to Dan C?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You'd love it if someone rubbed Polish food in your face. Go on, admit it.

Another fettish exposed

Another fettish exposed
    That's what I'm sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Z - Oh yeah! Now I remember him. And who's that skinny kid on the right next to Dan C?

I don't know but he was one of the fastest in the shuttle run we'd do in the gym

Check out the autograph on the back of this pic, he spoke at our athletic banquet that year.
    Last edited by zitro; January-19-10 at 12:03 PM.

Check out the autograph on the back of this pic, he spoke at our athletic banquet that year.
    Don't remember Earl Morrell being there... fact is I don't remember being there.

I remember Earl Morrall speaking at a NDHS father and son mass/banquet. As I recall the Colts were big at that time and EM was a big hit. around 1970....I'm wondering if it's around the same time he was at the SJ sports banquet.
    Last edited by kellyroad; April-10-09 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    I remember Earl Morrall speaking at a NDHS father and son mass/banquet. As I recall the Colts were big at that time and EM was a big hit. around 1970....I'm wondering if it's around the same time he was at the SJ sports banquet.

This would have been '69 and he was playing for the Giants so probably not. My guess is he hung around Detroit for a few years making the rubber chicken circuit from his Lions playing days.

It's great the hear the dulcet tones of Dan Dickerson doing the Tigers games again on the radio side. And Pricey too, even though he has never really grown on me.

JP reminds me of Kaline in his early broadcasting years...great insight, always dogging on pros who don't live up to expectation, and repeating the last phrase to get the point across. But you got to appreciate his background as a Detroit catcher from the 68 era.

Grand Salame by Miggs!! One more homer and you guys can get your free Arby's.

Go Tigers. Go Tigers

This lead might even be safe enough to bring in Robertson and Rodney!

Maybe

Oh, yeah ... the Tigers actually went ahead and played their home opener on Good Friday afternoon.

So ... who won?

Laing, amen to your blessing, thanks and same to you. How goes your deacon training? Did you attend a Chrism Mass on Holy Thursday?

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter tomorrow. Enjoy your ham and kielbasa.

The Lord has risen. Happy Easter All. Don't over do the peeps, jelly beans, or chocolate bunnies. Save room for the ham, kielbasa, and lamb cake.

Hope you all have a Blessed Easter.
    Now it's time for the Easter egg hunt.

Happy Easter all.

I can't wait to dig into my Cadbury egg.

Okay - I'm light years behind Y'all, but I watched "Cars" last night, and what a Swan song movie, for George Carlin and Paul Newman. Cheech and Chong, and Detroit Iron, has blessed me this day.

Revele = Military, Star Spangled Banner = Jimi Hedrix - "Hey it's a classic man"

Owen Wilson ... Lightning McQueen [[voice)

Paul Newman ... Doc Hudson [[voice)

Bonnie Hunt ... Sally Carrera [[voice)
    Larry The Cable Guy ... Mater [[voice)

Cheech Marin ... Ramone [[voice)

Tony Shalhoub ... Luigi [[voice)
    Guido Quaroni ... Guido [[voice)

Jenifer Lewis ... Flo [[voice)
    Paul Dooley ... Sarge [[voice)
    Michael Wallis ... Sheriff [[voice)

George Carlin ... Fillmore [[voice)

Katherine Helmond ... Lizzie [[voice)

John Ratzenberger ... Mack / Hamm Truck / Abominable Snow Plow /
    P.T. Flea Car [[voice)
    Joe Ranft ... Red / Jerry Recycled Batteries [[voice)

Michael Keaton Voice
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-12-09 at 07:08 AM.

Happy Easter, all.

Just had Peeps & coffee for breakfast. Sublime.

Next, mass at Sacred Heart in Bad Axe. Then to the city for family Easter. Should be a great day.
    Last edited by Eastburn; April-12-09 at 08:12 AM. Reason: remove phrase

we went to Easter Vigil last night - had a lot of people come into the church - was the best 3 hours spent in a long time - our youngest son in from TN Tech didn't complain once - guess everyone knows the reason for the season. 7andk, i am in a holding pattern with the diaconate now - everything is submitted, and waiting for the first response - interviews, psych tests, weekend workshops, then if the Holy Spirit agrees, 4 year classes start this fall. The deacons at our church are trying to get us applicants involved with stuff they can to give us an idea as to what they do. Hope everyone has a great Easter, and go Tigers!

No Easter candy for me, but I am in the midst of making the sauerkraut and kielbasa for today's dinner. The house is starting to get that really disgusting smell that is sauerkraut when you first start cooking it, but will become mellow and mingle with the kielbasa and then...

Hope you're all having a wonderful Easter!

If you're wondering what to do with those leftover Peeps, keep some handy for the next time you do some grilling. Roasted Peeps are not to be missed!

Page 14 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast