Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 126 of 263 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 6559

PUre Gas Station sign

jcole, you must have it. wasn't there a Pure gas station on the corner of 7 mile and Fordham?

JC got the first correct answer however DV gets a lot of credt.[[Pure Gas was probably defunct by DV's time and became Union 76)
    CFG: ...an extra stuffed cabbage for both JC and DV please

KR - JC will be taken care of ---DV will have to step up and be identified in order to win the extra prize!...........

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    jcole, you must have it. wasn't there a Pure gas station on the corner of 7 mile and Fordham?
    Interestingly, there was a Shell Gas Station [[where the credit union building stands) just a few feet from the Pure Station. The residents on the north side of Fordham must have just loved that. Even more interesting those homes along that street appear to be relatively newer [[ranch homes built in the late 40s or early 50s) and were built probably after those gas stations were already there.. Maybe being close to St. Jude Church was more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    KR - JC will be taken care of ---DV will have to step up and be identified in order to win the extra prize!...........
    Consider me stepped up and identified! Extra sauce on mine please.

I really didn't want to wait until the last minute again this year to get my Christmas shopping done, so I thought I would start it all off at Eastland ... just like old times. The halls were decked ... no evidence of recession or blight there from what I could see ... and it felt safe. It wasn't Christmas Eve, park on the lawn crowded, but there was a bit of a walk in. Since I was looking all around, remembering all my old haunts most of the time, I left empty handed. Oh, well ... I've got time.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    EB?------
    I can't remember what I had for breakfast & you want me to remember room numbers?

As far as the debt owed by JC's deadbeat brother-in-law - one of you math wiz kids will have to calculate the compound interest on a buck [[normal alter boy wedding tip in the 50's) from their wedding date [[?) until now. Come to think of it, didn't we do the calculation on the old board sometime last year?

Good to be home. Long day of driving.

great pix of the hippo and lion. times do change - no ropes when we were kids, and they were outside! what are all of you doing for Thanksgiving? We are going to Charleston, SC to spend it with our Navy son. Hope all have a safe and rewarding Thanksgiving next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    I really didn't want to wait until the last minute again this year to get my Christmas shopping done, so I thought I would start it all off at Eastland ... just like old times. The halls were decked ... no evidence of recession or blight there from what I could see ... and it felt safe. It wasn't Christmas Eve, park on the lawn crowded, but there was a bit of a walk in. Since I was looking all around, remembering all my old haunts most of the time, I left empty handed. Oh, well ... I've got time.
    What number mouse is that with the lion?

Great pics 7. Out of curiousity does anyone know if these creatures had names either by the artist whom I believe was Frederick Marshall or names given by the masses?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    I can't remember what I had for breakfast & you want me to remember room numbers?

As far as the debt owed by JC's deadbeat brother-in-law - one of you math wiz kids will have to calculate the compound interest on a buck [[normal alter boy wedding tip in the 50's) from their wedding date [[?) until now. Come to think of it, didn't we do the calculation on the old board sometime last year?

Good to be home. Long day of driving.
    Welcome home EB. I guess one of the math wiz kids will have to look at the lending rate tables for the last 50 years [[maybe they can simplify by averaging). Anyway it will be a nice tidy sum. Hey, I got an idea! that sum could buy a few rounds of city chicken......Oh just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Welcome home EB. I guess one of the math wiz kids will have to look at the lending rate tables for the last 50 years [[maybe they can simplify by averaging). Anyway it will be a nice tidy sum. Hey, I got an idea! that sum could buy a few rounds of city chicken......Oh just a thought

Going up to the Rosewood Lounge for a great bar burger and chili for lunch today. Can anybody join me?

I believe one of the class of '71's parents owned the place till it changed hands in the eighties. His first name was Matt, I can't recall his last.

Man that place had some tasty grub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Going up to the Rosewood Lounge for a great bar burger and chili for lunch today. Can anybody join me?

I believe one of the class of '71's parents owned the place till it changed hands in the eighties. His first name was Matt, I can't recall his last.

Man that place had some tasty grub.
    That would be the Werner family

I never knew the Werner family owned Rosewood. Dennis Werner was in my class - '71 - nice kid, blond and on the shorter side.

I never knew the Werner family owned Rosewood. Dennis Werner was in my class - '71 - nice kid, blond and on the shorter side.
    Was Matt younger yet, or did I get the name wrong alltogether?

no, second thought, seems I remember "Werner's Rosewood Lounge". Can't place a Matt, but I do remember Dennis Werner.

Might be a different family laing. The Werner's lived on Novara and the youngest was Matt as Mkap indicated. There was an older brother Frank.

How about that owner of the Titan's Adam's flipping off the Bills fans. I like an old geezer with hutzspah

I just looked at the class of 71 pic, and it was Dennis Werner. Bud Adams - what a piece of work! He is the original owner, as is the owner of the Bills. Thing is, I think he did it towards Jeff Fisher as he made him put Vince Young in vs. Kerry Collins, and VY has won 3 in a row. Sure with Jim Schwartz has more success that what he has. He has a great football mind - did wonders for the Titans defense. What does everyone think it will take to get the Lions turned around? And to think, the Silverdome sold for $583K. Was it in a yard sale?

I just looked at the class of 71 pic, and it was Dennis Werner. Bud Adams - what a piece of work! He is the original owner, as is the owner of the Bills. Thing is, I think he did it towards Jeff Fisher as he made him put Vince Young in vs. Kerry Collins, and VY has won 3 in a row. Sure with Jim Schwartz has more success that what he has. He has a great football mind - did wonders for the Titans defense. What does everyone think it will take to get the Lions turned around? And to think, the Silverdome sold for $583K. Was it in a yard sale?
    Same thing they've needed for the last 15 years or so.

1) A new owner
    2) A defense
    3) An offensive line

Other than that they're in pretty good shape

I can't believe an old guy razzed me at Walmarts for wearing my Lions jersey on "game" day! Geez, pretty soon I'll have to hit the classy Walmarts with a bag on my head if going in Lions attire! and don't worry Z.......you're not getting left out of the Polish Party food! :-)

I can't believe an old guy razzed me at Walmarts for wearing my Lions jersey on "game" day! Geez, pretty soon I'll have to hit the classy Walmarts with a bag on my head if going in Lions attire! and don't worry Z.......you're not getting left out of the Polish Party food! :-)

You're more than welcome to borrow mine CFG, but you'll have to shave off the goatee!

That's part of the reason why I no longer shop at Wallmart... the incredulous greeters.

Z's gettin some home cookin? Throw in some Chruscikis from me !!!