Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 120 of 263 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 6559

Now I'm really confused between the Student Council reps and the Class officers....too late in the day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Didn't each classroom have their own officers and then we had a Student Council? Or did each classroom have a couple Student Council reps?
    In eighth grade all I recall, is having a student council and have a slight memory of what CFG said about each class having their own oficers in the under grades. But I wouldn't swear by it though

On our grad pic, it shows 4 Student Council officers, but no class officers are indicated.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    One thing in particular of note in this class picture is the fact there are so many officers. I asked my brother and he said that each class had their own. KR, did you notice this in any others?
    Interesting: I did notice through out the years that there were either 4 officers per classroom [[16 officers if 4 classes...i.e. class of 67), or a student council of 4 officers for the entire eight grade class. Some had no officers. I'll look to see if there were both....student council AND individual classroom officers... Question [[since I wasn't an officer): What exactly did the classroom officers do? If there was a student council, how often did they meet?..What was on their agendas?...I'll have to admit I was really out of the loop in those regards.

I was never popular enough to be an officer, so I have no idea either, KR

I was an officer while in kindergarten at Carleton Elementary.

I spent most of that year in the principal's office.

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    I was an officer while in kindergarten at Carleton Elementary.

I spent most of that year in the principal's office.
    rim shot please..LMAO

I was never popular enough to be an officer, so I have no idea either, KR
    Yea, but look at you now JC..the epitome of what it takes to be a class officer.

Remember Locke Lumber on 7 Mile west of Hayes? Used to go there ... neat store. It's a canvas now.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Remember Locke Lumber on 7 Mile west of Hayes? Used to go there ... neat store. It's a canvas now.
    Now that's originality..graffiti art at its best. Please do follow up shots when the Locke Lumber canvas is completed. BTW, Is Locke Lumber still in business? Was there another lumber yard in the St. Jude area besides Locke? I thought there was one on Gratiot but not sure [[I mean before Forest City).

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Yea, but look at you now JC..the epitome of what it takes to be a class officer.
    Agreed, with the emphasis on class

Thank you, sweetie

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    At the risk of sounding like I've lost my urban hipness what is it he's painting? It looks like a fence
    Last edited by zitro; November-12-09 at 09:00 AM.

That's what it looks like to me too. Maybe there's a grander scheme underlying the mundaneness of it all.

That's what it looks like to me too. Maybe there's a grander scheme underlying the mundaneness of it all.
    I'm down wit dat!

yo, yo, yo, yo

We still got it

Yes, we sure do

Yes, we sure do
    If we just remembered were we put it, we'd be all set

If we just remembered were we put it, we'd be all set
    I know. I've been looking for it for years, and I just can't seem to locate it. But I know I've still got it

At the risk of sounding like I've lost my urban hipness what is it he's painting? It looks like a fence
    I see it as a gate. Of course, it was a work in progress. Kicking myself now for not stopping to ask.

I've got it too - it's in a safe place..........somewhere..........I'll find it.......I'm kinda sure of it!

Maybe it's our gateway to the past, and when he completes it, one will be able to pass through it and enter into 1968 and relive the glory days?

Maybe it's our gateway to the past, and when he completes it, one will be able to pass through it and enter into 1968 and relive the glory days?
    Uh-Oh, I feel a troll alert should be posted

I was casting out a little bait there, I'll admit it.