Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 112 ... LastLast

mkap, sorry bout that. hopefully jcole can help ya. there must be a techie in our st. jude midst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Very cool picture! Thanks!

Elsey funeral was sad this morning - Fr. Robert did a great service ---family members appreciated the sympathies extended from our postings - and remembered with fondness the last names of those who shared their memories and sympathies with the family. St. Jude was packed.

This must be the day for dumb questions - I just looked at my profile page to see if I had moved up from being a peon, and it lists 19 visits and some names that I don't recognize. Can anyone view your personal data on the profile page?

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    mkap, sorry bout that. hopefully jcole can help ya. there must be a techie in our st. jude midst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    I build computers and do tech support for a living. Hopefully, IE 8 isn't so different from IE 7 that the usual tricks won't work.
    Last edited by jcole; April-08-09 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    This must be the day for dumb questions - I just looked at my profile page to see if I had moved up from being a peon, and it lists 19 visits and some names that I don't recognize. Can anyone view your personal data on the profile page?
    Anybody can look at your page, but your profile is not visible unless you have opened it up to all forum members. Yours is not open. All anyone can see is this:
    Campfire Girl

Last Activity: Today 04:12 PM
    Current Activity: Viewing User Control Panel

• Statistics
    • Friends
    • »
    Statistics

Total Posts
    Blog
    General Information
    • Last Activity: Today 04:12 PM
    • Current Activity: Viewing User Control Panel
    • Referrals: 0

Thanks, JC - You're the best!

Your welcome. If you friend anyone, they will be able to see your info, so just be careful who you friend.

St. Jude was packed.

I have a question about this, it appears by recent photos that when they moved the altar they must have had to remove some pews in the front. If so how many were removed?
    Last edited by zitro; April-08-09 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I have a question about this, it appears by recent photos that when they moved the altar they must have had to remove some pews in the front. If so how many were removed?
    I'd say about 1/2 of them are gone. What do you think, CFG?

Good question. With the addition of the pews on either side of the altar - it makes it hard to guesstimate as they are as long as the regular pews, and I'm trying to picture them folded in and the altar moved back to accommodate them. I'd guess a good 1/4 of the seating is gone at least. I can't remember how far back the pews went to the back door, but I know that we lost about 6 rows on either side going back.

Since I'll be there tomorrow - Sunday - I'll try to see if anyone knows the "capacity" change after the interior was altered.

Since I'll be there tomorrow - Sunday - I'll try to see if anyone knows the "capacity" change after the interior was altered.

Punny!!!!!

Sorry, I had to add the extra exclamation marks to get the 10 character limit but since I wrote this now I guess it was mute

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Jet- Did you know Kevin Tomin? I know he lived in HW and I think he left SJ after 7th grade. He would have be in the class of '70. Was just looking a pic he was in from 7th grade basketball and it made me think of him.
    Z, nope, name does not sound familiar. In an earlier post, someone mentioned Scott Bondy and Bob Kocis. I did know them. Scott used to play hockey with my brother and I was dragged along to many of his games. I'm pretty sure they hated me coming along as much as I hated going. It wasn't till I was all growed up that I started to appreciate hockey...
    Bob Kocis was in my class at St Jude, he was the only boy who asked me to dance at our 8th grade graduation party. I'm pretty sure it was a slow dance cuz I think I'd remember if we did the Funky Chicken or the Mashed Potato!!

I think J is closest with her estimate of 1/2 gone. In addition to the numerous pews lost at the front and back, all the Blessed Mother and St. Joseph pews were also removed.

Glad you made it to the funeral, Cfg.

BTW, before I forget, and before we all get busy, I just want to wish all you all a happy and blessed Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Hopefully, IE 8 isn't so different from IE 7 that the usual tricks won't work.
    We're still talking computers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    I do recall the record store across from Kresge's but can't remember the name.
    Wasn't it called Ross Music?

Ross Music is right.

MKap: Do you remember Kevin Tomin?
    Last edited by zitro; April-09-09 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Okay all you techies out there, I have a question. I downloaded Internet Explorer 8. I think I changed the toolbar settings somehow and it sounds as if the popup blocker is still on and IE8 will no longer load. I get that blocker notifying sound when trying to load and the program cuts out. When right clicking the IE logo on the desktop and I click the "NoAddons" window it opens but will not load any websites. What's going on? Can I disable the blocker somehow? Regenerate the toolbar settings? Where?
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Sincerely,
    Dumb Bunny
    I've downloaded IE8 two times. First time, all it did was make my computer slow, real slow, and this is a new computer. I went to Add/Remove programs and took it out.

A couple weeks later I tried to download it again. Toolbars changed, other things changed, and my new computer, was once again, very very slow.

IE8 is still in it's infancy. It's not the finished product. I uninstalled it again. My computer is back to normal, and I don't plan on IE8 for quite a while.

What were your memories of Good Friday at St. Jude? I recall the stations of the Cross, keeping silent between12noon and 3PM [[except at church), the over crowded church, waiting just to get a seat behind one of the marble pillars.

Do you think Tom Monaghan would have allowed a Tiger Opening Day on Good Friday at 1PM?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    What were your memories of Good Friday at St. Jude? I recall the stations of the Cross, keeping silent between12noon and 3PM [[except at church), the over crowded church, waiting just to get a seat behind one of the marble pillars.

Do you think Tom Monaghan would have allowed a Tiger Opening Day on Good Friday at 1PM?
    I remember going for stations, and then going home and sitting on the porch until Holy Hours were over.
    The biggest thing that I remember about Good Friday, though, is that it seemed to ALWAYS rain between 12 and 3, even if just a few drops. Does anyone else remember this, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post

Probably not, but he was sacrilegious enough to change the Tigers logo and fire Ernie Harwell. Two deeds which I've never forgiven him for.
    Last edited by zitro; April-09-09 at 11:51 AM.

Page 12 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 112 ... LastLast