Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Wonderful memories cfg. Now that is something the city can never tear down or destroy.

Thanks, Z - and you're absolutely right - and as we said earlier - thought I don't remember what I did last Monday - THESE memories are crystal clear! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Thanks, Z - and you're absolutely right - and as we said earlier - thought I don't remember what I did last Monday - THESE memories are crystal clear! :-)

Too funny, to accentuate that point...........it was JC who said it!!!

Thanks - Z - PERFECT illustration of my CRS Status

Drop the puck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Drop the puck!!!
    As much as I'd like to see them win it at home, winning in front of the Pengoon fans would be nice also.

I didn't pick it up.

Hellllllloooooooooooooo -
    I understand someone might be tired from a road trip - but is everyone else just resting up for tonight's win?

Hellllllloooooooooooooo -
    I understand someone might be tired from a road trip - but is everyone else just resting up for tonight's win?

I'm fired up myself cfg. Let's do it tonight Wings. I'm predicting a 5-2 victory with the PenGgoons losing their cool again and throwing cheap elbws and getting game misconducts. There will be dancing in the streets of the D tonight!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    i'm fired up myself cfg. Let's do it tonight wings. I'm predicting a 5-2 victory with the penggoons losing their cool again and throwing cheap elbws and getting game misconducts. There will be dancing in the streets of the d tonight!!!!!
    lets go red wings! Lets go red wings!

Go wings!!!

Well, I guess they'll just have to win it at home.

And they will.

It seems the Pen's know just how to play at home. They seemed like the stronger team through most of the game. Let's hope the outcome changes Friday at the Joe.
    What was the dispute over the Joe Vision with NBC, anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    It seems the Pen's know just how to play at home. They seemed like the stronger team through most of the game. Let's hope the outcome changes Friday at the Joe.
    What was the dispute over the Joe Vision with NBC, anybody know?
    There's no dispute, they just don't want to lose the ratings. I listen extensively to 97.1, and that's pretty much all they talked about yesterday. They're getting the highest ratings for NHL playoffs ever, and Detroit is, of course, one of the top markets, and they're afraid that is they allow Joe Vision, or for that matter, Mellin[[sp) Vision, the ratings will drop. The NHL powers that be also don't want to allow it because they get paid per ratings, and CBC went along with the request from NBC and the NHL to not broadcast via Joe Vision. The night that they showed the game outside in Pittsburg was due to the fact that the game was on Versus.

Interesting, JC - did not know that. I AM however, looking forward to our win in front of the Home Fans!

Interesting, JC - did not know that. I AM however, looking forward to our win in front of the Home Fans!
    Game 7 in Detroit this Friday - the drama!

JC - Thanks! I would much rather watch the away games in my living room anyway.

If the Wing's play like they did the last game at the Joe there will be no dispute as to the best team. But in game 7's, you never know. The puck can take some funny bounces.

My large bucket of Orville will be by my side with a couple of dead soldiers next to that! I might even pop for a Jet's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    JC - Thanks! I would much rather watch the away games in my living room anyway.

If the Wing's play like they did the last game at the Joe there will be no dispute as to the best team. But in game 7's, you never know. The puck can take some funny bounces.

My large bucket of Orville will be by my side with a couple of dead soldiers next to that! I might even pop for a Jet's.
    It will be Little Caeser's pizza, Crazy Bread, and a club soda to start the game for me, with some Cheeze-its as necessary. If it goes to OT, I'm slorping a huge bowl of vanilla ice cream smothered in maple syrup washed down with a tall glass of milk...oh, man, that sounds good. I think I'll just have one of those now!

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    It will be Little Caeser's pizza, Crazy Bread, and a club soda to start the game for me, with some Cheeze-its as necessary. If it goes to OT, I'm slorping a huge bowl of vanilla ice cream smothered in maple syrup washed down with a tall glass of milk...oh, man, that sounds good. I think I'll just have one of those now!
    Maple syrup? Isn't that bad karma? I'd opt for Sander's fudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    Maple syrup? Isn't that bad karma? I'd opt for Sander's fudge.
    I don't know much about karma, but admittedly the ice cream and syrup is sinfully delicious. Home game or not, game 7's are a bit of a crap shoot. I pray the Red Wings will win.

MKap - Like your style - and love that Jets! Will probably also break out the Orville and go through a case of Diet Pepsi!

On a St. Jude note - did anyone know that the front steps to the church were heated at one time? Found that out at the PC meeting on Tuesday.

MKap - Like your style - and love that Jets! Will probably also break out the Orville and go through a case of Diet Pepsi!

On a St. Jude note - did anyone know that the front steps to the church were heated at one time? Found that out at the PC meeting on Tuesday.

I'll be chomping an a healthy bag of pillow and fingernails for tomorrws game, I hate game 7's!!! I just hope the refs can contain their bias for one game and all the outside forces that are pulling for the Goons to win.

I just noticed that RJ Polisena the manager at Continental Lanes singed up on FB on the St. Jude site.

Interesting, CFG. I wonder if it could have contributed to the crumbling that I noticed when I was there.

The last time a road team won a game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals was Montreal/Chicago 1971. The home team has won game 7 12 out of 14 times in the history of hockey.

Page 12 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 112 ... LastLast