Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 114 of 263 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 6559

Repeat after me: "SPARTAN BASKETBALL". Pre-season #2 nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Unless they confess their sins, they will be known from now on as the Lyings. I've seen more scratch and claw from my neighbor's kitty! The Redskins must be really angry with themselves... 'How could this have happened, losing to the Lions?'
    Maybe a prayer to St Anthony!? After all they are lost and can't find their way back to even a smidgen of respectability.
    Certainly, St. Anthony, St. Jude or Mary are quite capable of successfully interceding for the Lions. Just ask ... if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Certainly, St. Anthony, St. Jude or Mary are quite capable of successfully interceding for the Lions. Just ask ... if you will.
    Been. No answer since before born. Will ask harder coach .
    Thanks for the pep talk.

Does anyone remember a Sr. Jeanine at St. Jude?

z, can you give us a time frame and maybe a grade range?

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    z, can you give us a time frame and maybe a grade range?
    Unfotunetly no. I've still been trying to find out nicknames of some of the other catholic grade schools and saw a lady from St. Veronica's on the NorthEast Detroit Alumni thread on FB. She couldn't remember their nickname but asked me if there was a Sr. Jeanine whom she knew in Mesa who supposedly taught at St. Jude but couldn't supply any other info. I told her I'd ask the group.

Mkap: Do you remember Jeff Purdue? I recently friended him on FB. Another Firebrat

St. Raymonds was the Blue Rays. Never would have guessed that one

Was the gift shop we've trying to come up with the Sphynx?

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Was the gift shop we've trying to come up with the Sphynx?
    The rings a bell with me.

z, you may be onto something there. that sounds familiar to me as well. does anyone have any access to Detroit city directories for the 60-70's?

According to the listing of sisters on St. Jude's facebook page, I think there was a Sr. Jeannine Thomas McGooray - the letters got blurry as I zoomed in.

It's McGorray and I did a web search on her but couldn't find any info.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    z, you may be onto something there. that sounds familiar to me as well. does anyone have any access to Detroit city directories for the 60-70's?
    I was reading some posts on that FB page and the discussion was on What Party Store did you go to. One gal rattled off all of the stores on that corner and it instantly clicked, Now we just have to find something in print to verify.

Mkap: Do you remember Jeff Purdue? I recently friended him on FB. Another Firebrat
    Name sounds familiar. I want to say he lived on Bringard or maybe Eastburn near Brock or Hayse. Tell him we said hay!

Unfotunetly no. I've still been trying to find out nicknames of some of the other catholic grade schools and saw a lady from St. Veronica's on the NorthEast Detroit Alumni thread on FB. She couldn't remember their nickname but asked me if there was a Sr. Jeanine whom she knew in Mesa who supposedly taught at St. Jude but couldn't supply any other info. I told her I'd ask the group.
    Don't recall. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The rings a bell with me.
    Maybe.

Cfg, do you or your sis remember this? It's the fancy dancy gift shop at the corner of 7 and Kelly [[Moross and Kelly for you purists) ... just doors away from ... don't get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Been. No answer since before born. Will ask harder coach .
    Thanks for the pep talk.
    That's what I'm here for, M.

J, when did you say the Bobby Layne curse was supposed to expire?

You all do know about the Polish dinner coming up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    That's what I'm here for, M.

J, when did you say the Bobby Layne curse was supposed to expire?

You all do know about the Polish dinner coming up, right?
    It was supposed to be this year, but maybe he set the time to be over fifty years.
    I am planning on that Polish dinner, 7. I hope to see you there.

It was the Sphynx to the best of my recall - next door to the bakery, right? Now, which was the ritzy gift shoppe at the corner of Morang and ? kitty corner from Chathams?
    yes, Polish dinner on 11/22 - also date of big raffle!

Wait -- was it the Sapphire Gift store on Morang?

Yes, it was Sapphire Gift Shop on Morang in the same strip as Normandy Optical, a dry cleaners, a surf shop later on, a pizzeria, and a stereo shop on the corner of Riad and Morang, which used to be Krupa's grocery. Can't remember the other stores back then.

The Stereo shop was Pecars? right?

I remember that Pizza place. I think I earned $5 passing out a million flyers door to door!

No. Pecar's was down past Kavan's. I think it was Sound Advice. After it was Krupa's, it was Roaring 20's Food Market, Morang Produce [[I remember it was painted beige and had fruit painted all over it. You could see it from the upper floors of Denby), then Sound Advice.