Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 110 of 263 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    You learn something new all the time. During the seemingly million times our family traveled up and down Morang [[Our family actually live on Morang for a while) i never knew of another Kavan's. I recall the "new" one [[on Morang) opened with great fan fare and there was never enough parking.
    You got that right about the parking. Shortly after Kavan's opened, neighbors on the street took a petition and successfully got no parking signs established on Nottingham almost all the way down the block to Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Why do I remember the only Kavans as having the two rooms as Laing mentions with the bar on the right side?
    No Golumpki rolling yet - dinner date is 11/22. Words can't describe my excitement about making another 200+ of those delicacies!
    I'm getting ahead of myself. So you're preparing the potato salad. What kind of brats will be there?

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    I'm getting ahead of myself. So you're preparing the potato salad. What kind of brats will be there?
    I know kids aren't as well behaved as we were, but that's no way to talk about other peoples children 7.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I know kids aren't as well behaved as we were, but that's no way to talk about other peoples children 7.
    It gets worse ... apparently they're part of the menu at Oktoberfest after Mass: " ... Brats, Potato Salad, Sauerkraut, Coffee and Dessert...."

Maybe I read it wrong and they're just going to help serve the event: "Hurry up and eat, old man ... I ain't got all night. Coffee? You want more coffee? I'll give you coffee. Kasplash"!

it gets worse ... Apparently they're part of the menu at oktoberfest after mass: " ... Brats, potato salad, sauerkraut, coffee and dessert...."

maybe i read it wrong and they're just going to help serve the event: "hurry up and eat, old man ... I ain't got all night. Coffee? You want more coffee? I'll give you coffee. Kasplash"!
    CMAO!!!! :d

It gets worse ... apparently they're part of the menu at Oktoberfest after Mass: " ... Brats, Potato Salad, Sauerkraut, Coffee and Dessert...."

Maybe I read it wrong and they're just going to help serve the event: "Hurry up and eat, old man ... I ain't got all night. Coffee? You want more coffee? I'll give you coffee. Kasplash"!
    Just remember - some of us old men are armed & dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Laing: I'm confused. Where was the original Kavan's on Morang? I alway thought it was the one near Nottingham just down the block from Pecar Electronics.
    This is the place where you could get a red star on the back of your receipt and the dinner was free.

The night I recieved the red star was the night of my HS cap and gown dance. Lucky me? No not really. That happened right after someone broke into my 66' Candy Apple Red Galaxie 500 and stole my new portable eight track/fm converter with the slide-in mount that I forgot to put in the trunk. Meal, $12.00. Eight track $110.00. Boy was I mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    This is the place where you could get a red star on the back of your receipt and the dinner was free.

The night I recieved the red star was the night of my HS cap and gown dance. Lucky me? No not really. That happened right after someone broke into my 66' Candy Apple Red Galaxie 500 and stole my new portable eight track/fm converter with the slide-in mount that I forgot to put in the trunk. Meal, $12.00. Eight track $110.00. Boy was I mad.
    Those fiends! Don't worry, Mkap, the joke's on them. That format was only good for a couple years after that anyhow. Thank God they didn't take the car.

Anyone remember the Kavans at 8 and Sherwood? It was where the vacant JoAnn's is. It was JoAnns and became Kavans then went back to JoAnns.

As a kid I remember standing in line at the Eastland Kroger to get a [ I think] a polio shot or some type of medicine. The memory is fading.
    From Houston- Whitter going towards Denby. Grinnells, a card shop, Civic Music, Civic Thearter, Morrells Music

Quote Originally Posted by eastland View Post
    Anyone remember the Kavans at 8 and Sherwood? It was where the vacant JoAnn's is. It was JoAnns and became Kavans then went back to JoAnns.
    Boy, that's a new one on me. I don't recall that at all. I know right about the same time they were really trying to open up a lot of restaurants, apparently this one fizzled out rather quickly.
    Last edited by zitro; October-21-09 at 11:06 AM.

Those fiends! Don't worry, Mkap, the joke's on them. That format was only good for a couple years after that anyhow. Thank God they didn't take the car.
    True 7K, the joke was on them, but at the time I had to go back to setting up my turntable in the trunk to play the "old" revolvers. At least the 8-track didn't skip when you hit a bump, unravel it maybe, but never skip .
    Last edited by Mkap; October-21-09 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    True 7K, the joke was on them, but at the time I had to go back to setting up my turntable in the trunk to play the "old" revolvers. At least the 8-track didn't skip when you hit a bump, unravel it maybe, but never skip .
    Nowadays, if I see a car stopped at a light, and the guy gets out to open his trunk and adjust his revolver, I'm hitting the pedal to the floor and getting out of there as fast as I can.
    Last edited by 7andkelly; October-21-09 at 01:56 PM.

I guess you'll have to come and see whether the brats will be serving or we'll be serving the brats! German potato salad - not made by me, but I will be making the homemade sweet/sour red cabbage. Stopped on the way to work and picked up about 10 lbs. of red cabbage, bacon, etc., etc., First attempt for 100 folks - not too daring!

I guess you'll have to come and see whether the brats will be serving or we'll be serving the brats! German potato salad - not made by me, but I will be making the homemade sweet/sour red cabbage. Stopped on the way to work and picked up about 10 lbs. of red cabbage, bacon, etc., etc., First attempt for 100 folks - not too daring!
    I wish I could be there, but something came up with the kids, so I won't make this one.
    CFG, check your email later and we'll arrange Operation: Cabbage Drop for Sunday if that's good for you. If not, Monday would work for me, too.

Thanks J! Operation Cabbage Drop sounds Great - and Sunday should be fine! I will check my e-mail, since I know I have to get started on making them after the 1st of November.
    Z - are you coming?

Thanks J! Operation Cabbage Drop sounds Great - and Sunday should be fine! I will check my e-mail, since I know I have to get started on making them after the 1st of November.
    Z - are you coming?
    I was just about to say, that you guys must have had your monthly conference call and someone reminded the group that "Hey we haven't taunted the out of towners in a while with our Polish food conversation"

Mission Accomplished

I was just about to say, that you guys must have had your monthly conference call and someone reminded the group that "Hey we haven't taunted the out of towners in a while with our Polish food conversation"

Mission Accomplished
    Says the guy who was the recipient of a bountiful care package of Polish delicacies last month.

Mission Accomplished
    Oh, great ... there's a monthly conference call? Why wasn't I invited?

If we invited you, we wouldn't be able to talk about you! But when you come to Mass on Saturday, we can have our own conference call! :-)
    and yes, Z, it was time to talk about Polish food - a whole month without...we need a Hamtown run........or I just need to start cooking! :-)

Oh, great ... there's a monthly conference call? Why wasn't I invited?
    Let's not get paranoid now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Says the guy who was the recipient of a bountiful care package of Polish delicacies last month.
    Do you mean those pictures of golumpki's you guys sent me? Yeah thanks a lot.

Hey, don't forget the scratch and sniff pics of the pierogi too

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Hey, don't forget the scratch and sniff pics of the pierogi too

Almost forgot, that was my favorite

All right, all right - a "We Care" package will be sent after the next St. Jude dinner - just for you, Z. There,,,everybody okay now? :-)