Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 106 of 263 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Crisp quality, KR. The originals must be in great shape too.

Looks like some older siblings here ... Avery, Metty, Bass ...
    I'm surprised at how many of my classmates had older siblings in the class of '54.

JC, my sister joined the Dominicans when she was 15, after sophomore year. I think my Dad would have shot any boy coming over the back fence.

Here is the 1970 St. Jude football program [[school year 70/71).

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/...all%20Program/

Looks like we have our reading cut out for us. It's amazing how detailed and extensive those sports programs were back in the day. Thanks again 7

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    I'm surprised at how many of my classmates had older siblings in the class of '54.

JC, my sister joined the Dominicans when she was 15, after sophomore year. I think my Dad would have shot any boy coming over the back fence.
    It is interesting to see the sudden increase in class sizes in the early 50s at SJ. There are indeed many siblings throughout those class pics.

Hopefully, your sister will have some correspondence with stories of her St. Jude and early Dominican days.

For lunch I'll take 2 dogs heavy everything and a chocolate shake from the Dog House and an order of ribs from Zukins for dinner if anyone happens to be in the hood. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    For lunch I'll take 2 dogs heavy everything and a chocolate shake from the Dog House and an order of ribs from Zukins for dinner if anyone happens to be in the hood. Thanks.
    That one page could have answered so many questions last summer. But we still don't know the name of the gift shop on 7 Mile

I absolutely loved the 70-71 program - remembered standing on the sidelines watching those games. Remembered all the players, and still wonder, as I did then, why the players had a different number for home vs. away. Also have a favor. My nephew is now at Lake Orion High School and plays football. Can anyone tell me how built up the town of Lake Orion is? The last time I was there, 1970, I was in Scouts at SJS, went to mass at the church Fr Ording founded and remember the area was way out in the sticks. Just wondering how it has grown.

you talking about the gift shop on the corner of 7 and kelly that had all those lamps in the windows? never saw anyone going into that place.

My friend came back from Adrian, MI where he took his daughter to start her life as a Sister, but didn't find out any names of St. Jude nuns. They do have a website that has a "In Memoriam" that goes back a few years and has bios and pix of those nuns who passed away. I saw maybe 4 I knew, including Sr. Francis Winifred.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    My friend came back from Adrian, MI where he took his daughter to start her life as a Sister, but didn't find out any names of St. Jude nuns. They do have a website that has a "In Memoriam" that goes back a few years and has bios and pix of those nuns who passed away. I saw maybe 4 I knew, including Sr. Francis Winifred.

Do you have a link you can post laing?

Here Z, I was on it a while back:
    http://www.adriandominicans.org/What...rrentYear.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    I absolutely loved the 70-71 program - remembered standing on the sidelines watching those games. Remembered all the players, and still wonder, as I did then, why the players had a different number for home vs. away. Also have a favor. My nephew is now at Lake Orion High School and plays football. Can anyone tell me how built up the town of Lake Orion is? The last time I was there, 1970, I was in Scouts at SJS, went to mass at the church Fr Ording founded and remember the area was way out in the sticks. Just wondering how it has grown.
    Lake Orion is basically just another Oakland County suburb now. M24 is all built up and once you get off of I75 at the Palace and head north, Lake Orion and Oxford kind of blend into each other. They still have a small town feels in the downtowns, but 24 is really built up. North of Oxford, you start getting back to country, but even it's getting full of subdivision up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post

Thanks JC...

That one page could have answered so many questions last summer. But we still don't know the name of the gift shop on 7 Mile
    Me neither JC. Use to go in there to buy a greeting card and was real nervous about knocking over and expensive lamp on display.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Me neither JC. Use to go in there to buy a greeting card and was real nervous about knocking over and expensive lamp on display.
    When I hear the name I will recognize it right away. First one to come up with it is not a rotten egg.

When I hear the name I will recognize it right away. First one to come up with it is not a rotten egg.
    Was it, by any chance, Pape's [[House of Gifts)? That just popped into my mind for some reason.

Heading to my B.I.L.'s to celebrate Granny's 95th BD.

Was it, by any chance, Pape's [[House of Gifts)? That just popped into my mind for some reason.

Heading to my B.I.L.'s to celebrate Granny's 95th BD.
    I think you're right. Ding, ding, ding. Confetti!!!
    Tell Granny Happy Birthday from the old 'hood

Oops, looks like Pape's was on Houston-Whittier according to some back posts. Sorry. You lose.
    Last edited by jcole; October-11-09 at 11:34 AM.

Oops, looks like Pape's was on Houston-Whittier according to some back posts. Sorry. You lose.
    Close, EB. I think it's something Gift Shop ... first letter is maybe V, W, H, M, K or L.

If only one of us had an old yellow pages or phone book in their archives.
    Last edited by 7andkelly; October-11-09 at 08:28 PM.

I was looking at old Regina yearbooks for the gift shop, and came across a few ads that were interesting.

Attachment 3501

Attachment 3502
    This one's for you, 7
    Last edited by jcole; October-11-09 at 08:39 PM.

Unless Pape's had multiple branches, I suspect not. I remember for a fact that there was a Pape's on the southeast corner of Kelly and Houston-Whittier, and I suspect that is the store you are thinking of. My grandmother was ENAMORED with that store and I remember spending many boring hours there. I much preferred the Cunningham's in the Civic Center right across the street from Papes.

By 1980, Pape's was out of business and had been replaced with a bike shop.

Yeah, we figured out that it wasn't Pape's. I posted that I found it was on Houston-Whittier up above.

Yea, it was on H-W, now that I think of it.

I was looking at old Regina yearbooks for the gift shop, and came across a few ads that were interesting.
    Attachment 3502
    This one's for you, 7
    Those were the days, J.

Tony Ingrao is the one who opened up the arcade on Kelly around State Fair