Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 105 of 263 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 6559

Class of 1946 [[The original was of a better quality)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1319760...31707/sizes/l/

KR, do you have the years of 1953, 56, 59 and 65? I've got family in each of those, if I have the years figured correctly. Not to rush you, I just wonder if there in the queue

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    KR, do you have the years of 1953, 56, 59 and 65? I've got family in each of those, if I have the years figured correctly. Not to rush you, I just wonder if there in the queue
    53, 59 and 65 for sure. I'll double check on 56. There are a few classes missing [[1945 comes to mind). BTW.in the 1947 class pic there is a L. Pariseau. Could that be Lois Pariseau Gentry on facebook. Do you know the Gentry family well? I've contacted Lois via facebook, hopefully we can have Lois correspond about the early years of SJ

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    53, 59 and 65 for sure. I'll double check on 56. There are a few classes missing [[1945 comes to mind). BTW.in the 1947 class pic there is a L. Pariseau. Could that be Lois Pariseau Gentry on facebook. Do you know the Gentry family well? I've contacted Lois via facebook, hopefully we can have Lois correspond about the early years of SJ
    I'll bet anything that is Mrs, Gentry

You took on quite a project with this didn't you KR?

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I'll bet anything that is Mrs, Gentry

You took on quite a project with this didn't you KR?
    Yes indeed. It keeps me out of trouble.

I offered. But thank you for taking it on.

Thanks again for all you're doing, KR.

One favor though ... please slow down production ... you're going to make the rest of us look like slackers ... never mind ... too late.

In the class of '44 photo, there's a John Pontack at the very bottom. Turns out he ended up being really good friends with my sister and her husband later in life. He just passed away in February. His wife is a year or two behind.

R. Ziegenfelder ... bet he lived on Eastwood to the Rex side of the Sind's [[William) back in the day. Remember their family having an annual block party [[4th of July?) where we got to watch home movies of their family vacations.

Do you have '54, KR? My sister graduated then. Maybe that would drag her in here. She'd be a good source of nun info, having spent over 20 years as an Adrian Dominican.

Mkap: That sucks about your camera. I've got the WE programs covered so if you could just get that football program dowloaded at some point that would be great!
    Will borrow a camera in the near future and try to get it downloaded. I finally have a weekend home next week so will shoot for then.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    R. Ziegenfelder ... bet he lived on Eastwood to the Rex side of the Sind's [[William) back in the day. Remember their family having an annual block party [[4th of July?) where we got to watch home movies of their family vacations.
    Sounds like fun times watching the Follies at the Ziegenfelders!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Do you have '54, KR? My sister graduated then. Maybe that would drag her in here. She'd be a good source of nun info, having spent over 20 years as an Adrian Dominican.
    We're waiting on the "nun info". It looks like those "designer" frames are back in sytle.

St. Jude Class of 1954
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1319760...56638/sizes/l/

We're waiting on the "nun info". It looks like those "designer" frames are back in sytle.

St. Jude Class of 1954
    Thanks KR. I sent the link to her. We'll see if that will suck her in.

My sister looked like she was 20 when she was 13.

Is the Avery gal in the 54' photo the good Sister too?

Is the Avery gal in the 54' photo the good Sister too?
    I believe that is Carol Avery. Kathy Avery, class of 1957, entered the convenant. Sister Kathy, I believe is still principal at St. Claire School in GP [[Mack and Outer Drive)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Thanks KR. I sent the link to her. We'll see if that will suck her in.

My sister looked like she was 20 when she was 13.
    It's the designer glasses.

Gee, look at her, and she became a nun? I'm surprised there weren't boys climbing over your fence to take her away.
    I also see Margie Schlaf was in that class.

St. Jude Class of 1954
    Crisp quality, KR. The originals must be in great shape too.

Looks like some older siblings here ... Avery, Metty, Bass ...

Here's most of the reply of Lois Pariseau Gentry concerning the class of 1947:

Thats very observant of you. Yes that was my class. I moved fromthe west side and started at St.Judes in the 5th grade. At that time 5th and 6th grade were in the same classroom b ecause of space problems. Our rooms were at the 1st grade end when you were there. The Church was at the other end of that hall. After that they added the Maddelein area and we moved there in sixth grade and 7th. when the building that was the gym for you was finished they used the old church area for our 8th grade. Pose some questions you have and I'l be happy to answer. Good luck with your quest. L Pariseau Gentry

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Crisp quality, KR. The originals must be in great shape too.

Looks like some older siblings here ... Avery, Metty, Bass ...
    7- I think it's a different Metty than what you are thinking. They spelled their name Mette and the oldest, Patty was just a couple years older than I am.

Another response from Lois:

When I moved to SJ I lived on Payton.I lived on Coram when I married and Mike is my oldest son.He was in scouts with you and I remember your parents from scouts. You brought your mother to one of our St. Jude Macomb luncheons. We still have the lunches when s omeone offers to host.I have the list on our computer and there are about 70 people on it. Some are older than i am.I have some photos but most are personal. Yes we were on Coram when the Military was at Heilmann and a neighbor girl married one of the soldiers. Yes you may share my respones where needed.

Another response from Lois:

When I moved to SJ I lived on Payton.I lived on Coram when I married and Mike is my oldest son.He was in scouts with you and I remember your parents from scouts. You brought your mother to one of our St. Jude Macomb luncheons. We still have the lunches when s omeone offers to host.I have the list on our computer and there are about 70 people on it. Some are older than i am.I have some photos but most are personal. Yes we were on Coram when the Military was at Heilmann and a neighbor girl married one of the soldiers. Yes you may share my respones where needed.
    Incredible piece of history. Tell Lois thanks so much for sharing. I see you're a detective as well as a photographer, KR.

7- I think it's a different Metty than what you are thinking. They spelled their name Mette and the oldest, Patty was just a couple years older than I am.
    Yeah, I should have known that.