Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 103 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    The anarchists of '72 had no use for officers. At NDHS, part of this same group abolished the dress code, and established a smoking section in the cafeteria.
    Damn, commie, stinko, leftist, no respect for authority, McGovern loving, monster bell bottom wearing, WABX and CJOM listening,...[[you get the rest) anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I believe KR got hold of most of the class pictures and is in the process of capturing them all. I'm sure it is going to take some time but eventually will get around to it.
    Right Z. All the class pictures are now digitalized. It will be just a matter of time to edit [[crop, sharpen) and present in a suitable format.

Thanks for the work on these pics KR. We've talked about getting this done for a long time it's nice to know we can save these for posterity purposes and for a lot of people to enjoy.

Interesting to note so far. Our class of 70' had class officers. I don't see any in the 72' or 79' class. I wonder if that practice stopped with 70 or 71 and why.
    It is interesting that the class of 68,69 70, 71 had a student council as well as individual classroom officers. Some of the older classes had only one set of officers for the entire 8th grade although there were more than one class. I wonder if it was the perogative of the pricipal at that time. When did Sr. Patricia Marie's reign as principal end? It seemed that the concept of student representation via a student coucil was introduced shortly after she became principal.

Great job, KR! You have done us all a great service. Thanks.

talking about the reign of our Principals, here is the breakdown from my report cards:
    Sr. M. Leonita, O.P. 1963-1966
    Sr. Patricia Marie, O. P. 1966-1968
    Sr. Ann Carmel, O. P. 1968-1970
    Sr. Patricia Downey 1970-1971
    By the way, each Principal used a stamp to sign her name, only Sr. Patricia Downey did not have the O. P. designation after her name. Question for all, what did O. P. stand for? Official Penguin? Had to do it!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    Question for all, what did O. P. stand for? Official Penguin? Had to do it!!!!!!!!
    You're going to hell, Laing.

Order of Preachers.

actually, been there 7andkelly, it is west of Detroit over by Chicago way. Has a post office and all. Was actually thinking it may be Original Penguin. Have a friend from down here whose daughter is entering the convent at Adrian as we speak. He was talking with some old Sisters about who may know anyone who was at St. Jude from 63-71, and will let me know. Told him I wasn't sure I would want to know after all these years, but he told me the older Sisters want to talk about where they taught, lived, etc. Will let everyone know if he finds out anything.

actually, been there 7andkelly, it is west of Detroit over by Chicago way. Has a post office and all. Was actually thinking it may be Original Penguin. Have a friend from down here whose daughter is entering the convent at Adrian as we speak. He was talking with some old Sisters about who may know anyone who was at St. Jude from 63-71, and will let me know. Told him I wasn't sure I would want to know after all these years, but he told me the older Sisters want to talk about where they taught, lived, etc. Will let everyone know if he finds out anything.
    Laing: It would be great to hear of or from any former St. Jude teachers especially the Dominicans. Thanks

talking about the reign of our Principals, here is the breakdown from my report cards:
    By the way, each Principal used a stamp to sign her name, only Sr. Patricia Downey did not have the O. P. designation after her name. Question for all, what did O. P. stand for? Official Penguin? Had to do it!!!!!!!!
    Just a little blurb on 7K's repsonse
    http://www.racinedominicans.org/pages/faq.cfm
    Go to No. 5 for the specific answer.

Even though I suspect you know this, Dominicans are the Order of Preachers.

the class of 1971.
    You can click on the "all sizes" magnifying glass just above the picture to enlarge and click on the photo stream on the right to see quarter pictures. Let me know if you prefer another photobrowser such as photobucket or know of a better format to display. Thanks
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1319760...n/photostream/

I like photobucket, but that's just an opinion.
    Will we be able to download these full size at flicker?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Just a little blurb on 7K's repsonse
    http://www.racinedominicans.org/pages/faq.cfm
    Go to No. 5 for the specific answer.
    Oops, didn't see KR's post before I threw mine in.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I like photobucket, but that's just an opinion.
    Will we be able to download these full size at flicker?
    There is a "Down the Larger Size" option on Flickr. IMO, however there is a lot of pixelization when going to a larger size. Interestingly, in Adobe, the file pictures can be view in a much larger format without any noticeable compromise in quality.

actually, been there 7andkelly, it is west of Detroit over by Chicago way.
    oh sure laing i'm pretty sure i knew you knew just adding a little humor to your day and not to be bogue if you find out let us know

i will definitely pass on any names of Sisters I hear of. And, thanks for the class of 71 - i lost my picture when i moved here to TN. Great work!!!!!

There is a "Down the Larger Size" option on Flickr. IMO, however there is a lot of pixelization when going to a larger size. Interestingly, in Adobe, the file pictures can be view in a much larger format without any noticeable compromise in quality.
    I downloaded from that button, and it's the same size as the largest viewable image.

It looks like you got to these in the nick of time KR. It appears there is already some damage to a few of them.

Joy, Rapture!!!!!!! By the way, I finally got into our storage space and looked for the booklet which I think was the 25th anniv. It was the same size as the program for Fr. Ording's funeral and the cover was in different shades of brown. I seem to remember it also had the names of the owners of the land St. Jude was built on, as well as a lot of other pictures. I did find a copy of the St. Jude Calendar that talked about the retirement of Fr. Ording and the coming of Fr. Villerot. I also found my report cards, and in the envelope of my first grade report card, i have the list of honor rolls for grades 1-3. that would have been 1963-1964, and believe it or not, Z got it for 2nd grade.
    This maybe a little late Laing, but any programs and documents that you discovered that could be copied and uploaded on this format and/or facebook would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing

It looks like you got to these in the nick of time KR. It appears there is already some damage to a few of them.
    Z: Yes, there is some maring and fading of some of the photos, remarkably many of the older photos were kept in decent shape. Since the school is no longer there to house the photos, it's a wonder where and how the originals should be displayed.

kellyroad, I will definitely get the honor roll up on this site. I will also try to get some pix of my grade's first communion procession along 7 mile. Other than that, I haven't found much stuff - that 25th year program really bothers me - it had great pix in it - can't imagine what happened to it. anyone else remember one or have one?

Z: Yes, there is some maring and fading of some of the photos, remarkably many of the older photos were kept in decent shape. Since the school is no longer there to house the photos, it's a wonder where and how the originals should be displayed.
    I don't have the final answer, but I for sure don't want them returned to the church. Their future is so uncertain and given the propensity for abandoned structures to fall into immediate disarray and vandalism we might not get them back, I'm sure we can put our collective heads together for something that makes sense.

kellyroad, so question, how did you get your hands on the originals? think they could go to the archives of the diocese?

kellyroad, I will definitely get the honor roll up on this site. I will also try to get some pix of my grade's first communion procession along 7 mile. Other than that, I haven't found much stuff - that 25th year program really bothers me - it had great pix in it - can't imagine what happened to it. anyone else remember one or have one?
    Thanks Laing!
    On a similar note there is a St. Jude football sports program from the early 60s that for the life of me can not locate. The programs had photos of the team, list of boosters, advertisers etc. One of the programs had a picture of my dad who was treasurer of the Dad's club in the early 60s. The program [[8 large glossy pages)reflected the hey day of St. Jude School/Parish...great sports programs, many kids, many clubs, a band that played at half time....etc. The football games were played on Sunday afternoons at St. Jude Playfield. I recall the sidelines were filled shoulder to shoulder with St. Jude fans.....Someday that program, hopefully, will "show up."