Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 101 of 263 FirstFirst ... 51 91 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 6559

Is there even honor?

Default Jets

Here's a question for the group. As we all know we were the St. Jude Jets. I can't remember the nicknames of any of the other schools schools in our district that we played sports against which would include:
    Assumption Grotto -Bulldogs??
    St. David
    Guardian Angels
    Our Lady Queen of Peace
    St. Veronica
    St. Rays
    St. Clement
    St. Brendans
    I might be missing a couple but does anyone recal any of their nicknames?

the only one I seem to remember was St. Matthew Wildcats - i think.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    the only one I seem to remember was St. Matthew Wildcats - i think.
    I knew I missed one or two. I know a guy who went to St. David's I'll e-mail him and see what he says

I think the St. Joan Jets would have been appropriate.
    The St. Veronica Betties?
    The Guardian Angel Sliwa's?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I think the St. Joan Jets would have been appropriate.
    The St. Veronica Betties?
    The Guardian Angel Sliwa's?
    I like that JC

St. David Goliath's
    St. Ray Guns

You must be feeling better

St. Clement Tines

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I like that JC

St. David Goliath's
    St. Ray Guns

You must be feeling better
    Not really. I may be getting delirious.

I just a reply back from my friend and St. Davids was the Aviators which I guess would make sense considering where they were located

Here's a question for the group. As we all know we were the St. Jude Jets. I can't remember the nicknames of any of the other schools schools in our district that we played sports against which would include:
    Assumption Grotto -Bulldogs??
    St. David
    Guardian Angels
    Our Lady Queen of Peace
    St. Veronica
    St. Rays
    St. Clement
    St. Brendans
    I might be missing a couple but does anyone recal any of their nicknames?
    St. Veronica's Harmonicas
    St. Ray's Haze
    Our Lady Queen of Peace' Ferocious Warriors
    Guardian Angels' Alarms

St. Brendans - Shamrocks - maybe? Not sure....I know at least that the newsletter always had a shamrock on it but I never followed sports.

Default St. Jude Class of 1943

Here's a picture of one of the 1st graduating classes of St. Jude School [[Detroit) 1943. It may be the earliest picture of a St. Jude Class. More to be posted on other websites such as photobucket and the St. Jude site on facebook. Since the early classes were small and the pictures correspondingly larger, the format on this Detroit Yes website is viewable. The larger classes and smaller pictures will need to be viewed using a photobrowser that allows englargements. Please be patient.

WOW!! J.J was actually young once

I don't recognize any of the names. I thought there might be a mom or dad or granparent of someone our age.

WOW!! J.J was actually young once
    Z: Fr. Ording didn't age for several years. It could have been his ability to destress with a round of golf and a dab of brylcream but more likely the photo studio had a stock photo used for several years

I don't recognize any of the names. I thought there might be a mom or dad or granparent of someone our age.
    JC: I was thinking the same. There were some students that could have been sons or daughters of older established neighbors. The students in the 1943 photo must have lived close to Assumption Grotto or further east toward St. Paul. The neighborhood in the triangle was just being built in the early 40s, there very few homes north of 7 Mi, and Harper Woods was mostly farm property. It would be interesting to hear from the early graduates of St. Jude. They would be 80 years old now.
    Last edited by kellyroad; October-04-09 at 12:16 PM.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1319760...04522/sizes/l/
    Class of 1958

Let me know if the size of the attached photo is large enough to be viewed with acceptable detail.

I don't know if you can get that larger, but it would be easier to read. And when we get to our classes, we'll need to.

I don't know if you can get that larger, but it would be easier to read. And when we get to our classes, we'll need to.
    I agree. It looks like either reshooting in quarter sections or recropping into quarter sections saving with more dots per inch. I'll have to experiment. But there is definetly loss of detail [[the names are not sharp).

Class of 1958 upper quarter of picture
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1319760...95454/sizes/l/

Let me know if this is acceptable. The orignal copy was cropped into quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Class of 1958 upper quarter of picture
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1319760...95454/sizes/l/

Let me know if this is acceptable. The orignal copy was cropped into quarters.
    Much, much better

Ravine Guest

Jcole, for you, down the street, a holler.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1319760...04522/sizes/l/
    Class of 1958

Let me know if the size of the attached photo is large enough to be viewed with acceptable detail.
    I spotted an extremely good looking young man in the 3rd. row.

Nice work, KR. Thanks for taking this on.

From '43, I don't recognize any of the names, but it looks to me like one of the kids was actually Jerry Mathers.

From '58, I recognize a few names of kids who likely were older siblings of kids I knew.