Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 100 of 263 FirstFirst ... 50 90 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Now see if everyone had that mindset no one would go and there would be no lines. Reminds me of one of my favorite Yogi quotes.

"No one goes there anymore it's too crowded"
    Well, if everyone else was of my mindset, then I would go.

I was checking out that pizza offer, but am also not going to stand in line for 2 hours for a .99 slice of pizza. I'll get some Appian Way at Chatham's and make my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    I was checking out that pizza offer, but am also not going to stand in line for 2 hours for a .99 slice of pizza. I'll get some Appian Way at Chatham's and make my own!
    I haven't even thought about Appian Way pizza in years. It sounds soooo good right now.

I wonder if it still comes in the box shaped like a piece of pizza?

Apparently not.

I've been out of state for a number of years now, but I didn't think Chatham's still existed - didn't they merge/go out of business a long time ago? Was the above a joke or has Chatham's seriously been resurrected from the dead with actual stores somewhere [[I'm guessing in the suburbs...?)

I remember a GREAT "Super-Chathams" [[it was actually called Chathams Plus, I think, which I think was on Chicago east of Van Dyke in Warren). This was in the late 70's in the days before Meijers and WalMart, when the concept was still new.

No free Arby's today even though we'll take last nights win.
    No free Arbys? The Tigs did hit 3 HRs yesterday. What are they going to say now, they all have to be in the same game?

Not to worry. I'm pretty sure my Arby's will be accepting the same printout I show them every time I come in, long past Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    ... has Chatham's seriously been resurrected from the dead...
    Now there's a thought to ponder.

Laing, you're in deacon school. Please help us out here.

Hey gang! Was talking to, long time Duty Mother, Mrs. Aubrey [[of Eastwood fame). Joyce [[69') is retiring from GM TODAY, and Steve [[71') is living in California. Both are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Hey gang! Was talking to, long time Duty Mother, Mrs. Aubrey [[of Eastwood fame). Joyce [[69') is retiring from GM TODAY, and Steve [[71') is living in California. Both are doing well.
    Saw Mrs. Aubrey and Joyce in February. They both seem to be doing well. Mrs. Aubrey was our "duty mother" on Eastwood too. The Aubrey's home with a large porch to congregate around, and their swimming pool and decent basketball court was always inviting to the Eastwood gang, of course under her watchful and friendly eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    You lucky dog, Mkap! I agree with KR. Mrs. Aubrey is a very nice lady, and a true friend of our family on Eastwood, that's for sure. Sat on her porch and talked with her almost every day during the summers. Joyce is the 2nd GM exec early retiree I've heard announce this month. Good for her. I used to get tapped often for jump rope twirling duties for her and friends back in the day. "Hi, ho, jolly pepper ..." Steve and his Dad had the coolest Lionel train set down the basement with the real smoke and everything. And their pug Ringo was the greatest ... the Eastwood neighborhood's dog. Thanks for the update.

sorry 7andkelly, i can't help with resurrecting from the dead, only one person have i ever heard has that power. And thanks for the update on the Aubreys. Steve was a good friend of mine and Joyce was in my sister's class. i remember one time when my dad was in the hospital, who comes in as a volunteer, but Mrs. Aubrey. sure did brighten up my mom - they were lunch mothers together.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    only one person have i ever heard has that power.
    For that correct answer, Laing, you get a gold star to wear on your forehead for the entire day!

Joy, Rapture!!!!!!! By the way, I finally got into our storage space and looked for the booklet which I think was the 25th anniv. It was the same size as the program for Fr. Ording's funeral and the cover was in different shades of brown. I seem to remember it also had the names of the owners of the land St. Jude was built on, as well as a lot of other pictures. I did find a copy of the St. Jude Calendar that talked about the retirement of Fr. Ording and the coming of Fr. Villerot. I also found my report cards, and in the envelope of my first grade report card, i have the list of honor rolls for grades 1-3. that would have been 1963-1964, and believe it or not, Z got it for 2nd grade.

Joy, Rapture!!!!!!! By the way, I finally got into our storage space and looked for the booklet which I think was the 25th anniv. It was the same size as the program for Fr. Ording's funeral and the cover was in different shades of brown. I seem to remember it also had the names of the owners of the land St. Jude was built on, as well as a lot of other pictures. I did find a copy of the St. Jude Calendar that talked about the retirement of Fr. Ording and the coming of Fr. Villerot. I also found my report cards, and in the envelope of my first grade report card, i have the list of honor rolls for grades 1-3. that would have been 1963-1964, and believe it or not, Z got it for 2nd grade.
    Not to be an attention wh..hog, but was I listed in there? REgina Cole

That must have been before I started getting bad grades for conduct

That must have been before I started getting bad grades for conduct
    I always got bad grades for conduct and penmanship, but I still made honor roll. Maybe it didn't count?

I remember my mom used to get torn up when my grade for study habits was worse than my conduct grade. couldn't quite figure that one out. As mentioned before, from 1963-1971 there were 4 or 5 principals - guess us guys sent them running - girls were perfect, right????

[quote=12468_laing;74992]I remember my mom used to get torn up when my grade for study habits was worse than my conduct grade. couldn't quite figure that one out. As mentioned before, from 1963-1971 there were 4 or 5 principals - guess us guys sent them running - girls were perfect, right????[/quote]

Cooties and all

[QUOTE=zitro;75003]
    I remember my mom used to get torn up when my grade for study habits was worse than my conduct grade. couldn't quite figure that one out. As mentioned before, from 1963-1971 there were 4 or 5 principals - guess us guys sent them running - girls were perfect, right????[/quote]

Cooties and all
    I always got bad grades for conduct and penmanship, but I still made honor roll. Maybe it didn't count?
    Do I sound perfect to you???

[quote=jcole;75004]

Do I sound perfect to you???
    You're perfect in our eyes JC.

[QUOTE=zitro;75006]
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post

You're perfect in our eyes JC.
    Wow, you just made my flu symptoms abate.

What are friend for? Glad your flu-like symptoms have taken a break! Do you still have your honor roll pins? I just ran across one the other day. They were like "merit" badges on the Bolero!

What are friend for? Glad your flu-like symptoms have taken a break! Do you still have your honor roll pins? I just ran across one the other day. They were like "merit" badges on the Bolero!
    I think I still have one in my jewelry box.

That's where I found mine! It was quite the honor to get one! We used to compete with our cousins as to who would make the honor roll. Can you imagine the kids doing that now? Is there even an honor roll?