Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 200 of 263 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 210 250 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 6559

Our brains were younger then; now they're old and stuff gets lost in the wrinkles

I think we DID go to Bob-lo and Bet definitely remembers the Greenfield Village trip and DETROIT historical museum. I've know you guys for 4 decades! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    I think we DID go to Bob-lo and Bet definitely remembers the Greenfield Village trip and DETROIT historical museum. I've know you guys for 4 decades! Love it!
    i remember going to Bob-Lo, too - may have been for a 8th grade trip. forgot about the DETROIT zoo - still have my elephant key.

I had a zoo key too, but I remember taking my kids to the zoo when they were little and the boxes were gone, so I pitched it

Sad to report that Michael Stehlin class of 72[[?) has passed away

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/...9776683961.txt

Very sad. We went to school with Peggy. She lived directly behind us on Saratoga. We know her aunt very well at St. Jude and was aware that he was ill.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post

I remember him well. Looked at the class of 71 pic, and he wasn't on it, so had to have been class of 72. Bless his heart. Nice guy.

Did any of you guys feel the earthquake rockin the "D" this afternoon?

Yes, Mike was a classmate of mine in the class of '72. I remember him as a nice guy as well, I remember working on a project together in the 8th grade, we did a re-enactment of an old time radio show on an cassette recorder in his basement. I don't think I ever worked on a school project that was as much fun.

Rest in peace Mike!

Remember both Michael [[SJ72) and Brian from Saratoga just east of Rex. Nice family. Sad to see in the obit their dear Mom is also gone. May God rest their dear souls.

I remember going to the zoo - when zoo keys still worked. Mom didn't drive, but a neighbor helped us out, so Mom was the "duty Mom" for a car full. We didn't have a school bus, so the Moms that drove had to take us to our field trip.
    I had a zoo key - may still actually have it packed away in a junk collection somewhere - it was a red plastic elephant. At the time [[mid-70s) it also presumably also operated boxes at the Belle Isle Children's Zoo, but I don't think I ever went there.

While the rest of you were at St. Jude, I was at Carleton. We did several field trips to hear the Detroit Symphony at Ford Auditorium, but I don't remember much in the way of other field trips. We MIGHT have done the Art Institute once. From ULS which I attended later, we did at least a couple of trips to the Art Institute and at least once did Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum...as well as Ford Auditorium a few times.

Did any of you guys feel the earthquake rockin the "D" this afternoon?
    I thought that was just an aftershock of Kwame fainting after hearing about his indictments

I thought that was just an aftershock of Kwame fainting after hearing about his indictments
    I thought that was from Shrek stomping is foot in frustration after hearing about MONCON's incarceration delay.

Well, Shrek sounded pretty happy on the radio last night,so I'm guessing the Kwame indictments kind of made up for the MonCon delay.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Maybe it was Bob-Lo? I know you were there, Z. Could have been a choir picnic?
    I remember Bob-Lo.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Well, Shrek sounded pretty happy on the radio last night,so I'm guessing the Kwame indictments kind of made up for the MonCon delay.
    He may be elated the feds aren't honed in on him.

Default St. Jude Elementary School, Detroit Class Pictures

The Class Pictures of St. Jude School have been reshot [[using difuse sun light) and edited in photoshop to provide a better clarity. A great deal of thanks to the parties involved in making the pictures available. The best way to view individual pictures is to click on the pic, click on the magifying icon, then select the largest viewing selection available. Additionally, [[many of you of course know this) you can also opt for increasing the zoom level of your screen to 150 - 200%. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5152945...7624249283283/

PS: Hint: Another way to view the pictures is to click on the "slideshow" on the upper right of the flickr screen, then expand to full screen [[a great way to view in a super clear mode)
    Last edited by kellyroad; June-28-10 at 08:20 AM.

OUTSTANDING!!! thanks, KR - I will update SJ facebook page as soon as I am able and will put out an announcement to "All Fans" about the availablity!

Great job, KR! Thanks. I just sent my sister the link to her '54 picture.

Thanks, KR, I know that's a lot of work, and it looks great.

You're Welcome! It was a labor of love and a lot of fun. Interestingly, there were many pics missing in the 70s [[75,76,77,78)..................................... .

One can't help but notice the rapid increase in enrollment from the late 40s to mid 50s. Conversely, the significant decline in enrollment from the mid 70s to late 70s was evident....both extremes within one generation.

It seems hard to believe that the "70's" were 40 years ago! I'm so happy that the pictures that WERE still left after the school closed, comprised so many decades! You wonder what people are thinking when they take a historical record and claim it as their own, especially when copies can be made. Again, thank you for all your hard work, it was a major project!

I'd like to throw my thanks to you also KR. I appreciate you taking on this task and to CFG for digging these out of archive so we can preserve the once proud spirit that was our glourious neighborhood and parish

It seems hard to believe that the "70's" were 40 years ago! I'm so happy that the pictures that WERE still left after the school closed, comprised so many decades! You wonder what people are thinking when they take a historical record and claim it as their own, especially when copies can be made. Again, thank you for all your hard work, it was a major project!
    Did you HAVE to say that about the 70's. I've been pretending they were last year for a long time now. :}

I know, I know, the truth is a bite, isn't it? Just because you read it here, doesn't mean it's true! So, just burn some stick incense, plug in the black light, put your favorite LP on the record player, hide behind the beaded curtain- and it'll all be ok!