Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 223 of 263 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 233 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 6559

We can take you down to the "corner" - here they're playing ball there now! Go figure! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I hate baseball
    but baseball loves you.

Great time was had by all who attended the Spaghetti dinner! Keep tuned in for our next event!

http://www.mideathnotices.com/result...%2F2010&ref=nf

Julius was very active at St. Jude. He was a freind of my dad and very talented artist. I won't forget the amazing back drops that he painted for St. Jude plays or the custom get well cards he made for my dad. Sad news indeed.

We are very fortunate to have Mike and Vivian and their entire family very active at St. Jude Parish. Their singing talents enrich our choir and their participation in all parish events is never-ending.

Sorry to read this, his son Phil was a classmate of mine at SJS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    Sorry to read this, his son Phil was a classmate of mine at SJS.
    Me too. I remember Phil from day one at St. Jude in Sr. Maura Patrick's classroom [[104). His Dad and mine were friends. Pretty sure there was a work connection there with City of Detroit. May God rest their dear souls.

Sadly, another parent of a 1970's grad, Joe Polisena passed away this past weekend. Our prayers go out to he and his family.

St. Jude Parish is truly blessed having Fr. Jovita as its administrator. His energy, gregariousness, and spirituality is a God-sent gift to the people of that Parish and the surrounding area of northeast Detroit. I had the privilege of meeting Fr. Jovita this evening..His smile is infectious and he is motivated to keep St. Jude as a focal point of the Catholic faith and mission work on the east side.

It was announced that on the 28th of every month at 7PM there will be devotion to St. Jude and Benediction [[If the 28th falls on a Sat. or Sun, it will follow Mass).

If you are a former St. Jude Parishioner and want to reconnect or a Detroit area resident who wants a spiritual journey in one of the area's most magnificent surroundings, please check out the the new website for the schedule of Masses, Devotions, and organ recitals. There is secured parking available.

BTW, The organ recital is on November 7 at 3PM. [[The pipe organ is state-of-the-art, and within the cavernous confines of St. Jude Church it is a sound to behold.) Check out the website for more details.

http://www.stjudedetroit.com/

It was an awesome 9 day novena with an inspirational Mass, novena and benediction last night. If you haven't been to St. Jude for a while, please make plans to join us for Mass or St. Jude Devotions. Our website is under construction, but new events are posted as soon as they are scheduled. Hope to see you there!

Happy Halloween all.

Hope everyone had fun yesterday! we didn't have too many kids, but they were polite and very cute! Remember when we used to dress up for school halloween. I don't think the 'dress as saints' ever caught on, as I always remember going as the Hobo, with burnt cork marks on my face. What was up with that?

I always dressed as some kind of holy entity up til about 4th grade. St. Catherine of Siena was my favorite. My costume was a pink robe with a veil of pink and white stripes with gold glitter between each stripe.
    Stylin'

Actually, I think I remember that outfit! If I remember it was more "I dream of Jeannie" than St. Catherine of Siena, but whatever you say.

Don't forget to VOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Actually, I think I remember that outfit! If I remember it was more "I dream of Jeannie" than St. Catherine of Siena, but whatever you say.
    We had a harem costume too. We utilized parts of that in various other costumes. It had a lace balloon sleeve jacket and sheer pants with a blue velvet vest. Maybe that's what you remember.

I'll betcha that was it! I think we may have had a Halloween party in our basement, which is why I remember the fashionable assemble! Remember when we had our parties in our basement instead of at restaurants like the kids do now? What a fun day that was! ---and not to forget our bday bows with streamers of gum and pennies. Don't know how/where that was started, but a great memory!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    I'll betcha that was it! I think we may have had a Halloween party in our basement, which is why I remember the fashionable assemble! Remember when we had our parties in our basement instead of at restaurants like the kids do now? What a fun day that was! ---and not to forget our bday bows with streamers of gum and pennies. Don't know how/where that was started, but a great memory!
    I remember so many parties in basements when we were kids that I can't count them. I have some picture with you and Bet, Sharen, Stevie B, and countless others. Stevie B and Kevin and Timmy Bradley were always there, though.

Great memories!

Where did our parents go to vote in the old neighborhood? I remember going to the church at Morang and Kelly near Parkgrove

Mine went to Burbank, I think
    We were part of the Burbank Homeowners Assn, so I assume they were a central meeting place

hey all. hope everyone got out to vote. my folks also went to the church at morang and kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    hey all. hope everyone got out to vote. my folks also went to the church at morang and kelly.
    Are you referring to the old St. James Presbyterian Church on Mapleridge/Morang?

I voted at the St. James Church mentioned above. It was a big deal to walk in the booth with my dad and get to close the curtain, help flip the tabs, and finally move the big lever to the left to finalize the vote and open the curtains. I was on my own at 18 1/2 years [[the new age to vote [[and drink) didn't occur until the New Year). Voting was not only considered a privilege but also an expectation. We always met many St. Jude neighbors at the St. James Church. ...wouldn't mind going back to the "old " technology of flip tabs and levers.
    Last edited by kellyroad; November-02-10 at 03:59 PM.

Our family polling place was at Carleton, but never got the first hand experience. I voted absentee via mail in the 76 election, and switched my registration to East Lansing soon afterwards while at MSU. By the next presidential election, I had already landed in the Lone Star State.

Yes, KR - it was at St. James Presbyterian. Believe it or not, Warren just eliminated the voting machines 2 elections ago. I really felt like my vote counted in those machines and was happy to see them still in use. Now, not so confidential, and not so confident in the technology.
    Speaking of technology - the St. Jude website has got a new name www.stjudedetroit.org - Check it out!