Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 243 of 263 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 6559

LOL - Ok, some things we just don't divulge back to our former teachers. Though, knowing Sister Paul Therese now, she's surely get a kick out of it!
    J - due to other DYes thread - you've got me seriously thinking that we need another Polish dinner at St. Jude. Maybe sometime in September......

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    LOL - Ok, some things we just don't divulge back to our former teachers. Though, knowing Sister Paul Therese now, she's surely get a kick out of it!
    J - due to other DYes thread - you've got me seriously thinking that we need another Polish dinner at St. Jude. Maybe sometime in September......
    Sounds like a winner to me.
    And go ahead, tell on Z. Maybe Sr. PT will give him a call. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I'd love to see the good sis again. I have a feeling that September suggestion was for timely reason CFG

Besides, I think I can take her now!

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Besides, I think I can take her now!
    I don't know, those old ones can be wiry.

I don't know, those old ones can be wiry.
    You're right, I may need reinforcements

We'll be your reinforcements ---and yes, there just MAY have been some inspiration to host a Polish dinner in September! :-)

Hey! We just fell to page 2. What's happening here, slackers?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Hey! We just fell to page 2. What's happening here, slackers?
    vaca from the internet in warmer climates. St. Jude was there!
    Any more SJ trivia questions?

St. Jude Novena tonight, 7pm- Put a request out to Facebook folks to bring any old pictures, etc.,

Great turnout at the Novena last night - attendance has doubled since our first monthly novena. God Bless St. Jude for bringing so many together! It was nice to see a familiar friend again last night! Pretty soon, Fr. Jovita will be putting him to work!

Fish frys soon to start at St. Jude! We're looking forward to a March 11th start if we can get the proper electrical installed in the Parish Center for our deep fryers. Will keep all posted!

Fish frys soon to start at St. Jude! We're looking forward to a March 11th start if we can get the proper electrical installed in the Parish Center for our deep fryers. Will keep all posted!
    Watt? !!! No 220 lines?....fries and slaw with that fish please.

Great turnout at the Novena last night - attendance has doubled since our first monthly novena. God Bless St. Jude for bringing so many together! It was nice to see a familiar friend again last night! Pretty soon, Fr. Jovita will be putting him to work!
    Fr. Jovita's gift of homelitics is indeed very powerful.

Fr. Jovita speaks from the heart and his heart is definitely God filled!

and No, Mr. Edison - no 220 line - but we will have one soon!

You guys have such good memories. I must have been in la-la land for a good portion of my grade school years. Will try to come up with some trivia. Hoping my CRS ailment takes a holiday soon.

ah the days of competing parish fish frys. our k/c here at our local church has a great deal going. if any st jude people want to come to Old Hickory, TN, your din din is on me.

I have a job for him if Fr. Jovita would agree ... right up his alley ... a photo shoot of the rectory.

Default Fr. J. J. Ording portrait

Name:  frJJ.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  45.2 KB
    Fr. J. J. Ording founder of St. Jude Parish Detroit

Very nice.

7K, sorry to disappoint, but there's really nothing to "photo shoot" in the rectory. Believe me when I tell you, the empty suites upstairs, and just that, empty rooms - and except for the beautiful stained glass entry way, there is no other stained glass in the building. I'm sure we'll think of something! :-) Thank you so much for all you've done already in digitizing our class pictures. As we've all seen/read, it's been an awesome gift!

If you're offering to be "class photographer" KR - it would be great to have some pictures of inside the church and the stained glass windows, marble columns, baptismal font, etc. We need a photo shoot of the inside of the church and organ for incorporation into our memory book. The printer that I'm working with, needs original pictures and for the most part, unless I take amateur shots, all I have are copies. Interested?

If you're offering to be "class photographer" KR - it would be great to have some pictures of inside the church and the stained glass windows, marble columns, baptismal font, etc. We need a photo shoot of the inside of the church and organ for incorporation into our memory book. The printer that I'm working with, needs original pictures and for the most part, unless I take amateur shots, all I have are copies. Interested?
    There are of course many beautiful pictures of St. Jude church taken by other photographers that have been placed in the St. Jude facebook album. It would be a privilege to photograph one of the most ornate and architecturally interesting churches in the AOD...and that includes the rectory, and of course, the bell tower.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    There are of course many beautiful pictures of St. Jude church taken by other photographers that have been placed in the St. Jude facebook album. It would be a privilege to photograph one of the most ornate and architecturally interesting churches in the AOD...and that includes the rectory, and of course, the bell tower.
    and courtyard?????? just had to ask.

According to my printer, I'll need original pictures and not graphics downloaded from previously posted shots, so it's kinda like a "re-do" even though, I agree, we have many, many beautiful pictures of our church, windows, altar,and baptismal area.