Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 262 of 263 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    I'm counting on seeing you there. Along with Campfire Girl, JCole, Kellyroad and many others.
    We are leaving Colorado a day early to beat the foot of snow that is on its way, so we should make it with time to spare

Trivia:
    The pillar stones in the 90 ft. St. Jude Church bell tower are the longest single pieces of stone in Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Trivia:
    The pillar stones in the 90 ft. St. Jude Church bell tower are the longest single pieces of stone in Detroit
    I read that too; pretty interesting tidbit.

Great 70th anniversary celebration. Good to see a few fellow DYers there.

Just a repost from the St. Jude Roman Catholic Church facebook site

We have more anniversary books! They are $20 by mail. If you would like to pick one up at the rectory, they are $15/ea. You may also put your $15 in an envelope in the collection basket, mark it "anniversary book" and let us know when you would like to pick it up after a 4:00 pm Saturday or 10:00am Sunday Mass!

shout out to all the St. Jude Detroit Yes Posters..This thread is still hanging on and hopefully in the near future so will our beloved Parish

The diocesan recommendations on church closings looked promising to me.

I agree. Let's hope so. Buys some time anyway ... until the rest of 48205 goes up in smoke ... literally. How long you figure we got?

http://www.facebook.com/NewLiverforChris?sk=wall

Please go to this page and click on the "Like". Then please go to the link site, sign the guestbook and please donate whatever you can to help save our dear friend and former teacher's life. Chris taught at St. Jude's for years. He was a wonderful teacher and a fantastic man. He desperately needs a liver transplant. He has liver cancer but, he can be saved through having the transplant. Please help! It is tax deductable. Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by DVH63; December-10-11 at 06:03 AM.

Name:  181667_1728654929388_1028894954_1918912_1018834_n.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  37.6 KB

This is Chris Taylor as he looks now. I urge you to please help save his life. It is the best Christmas gift you can give and the rewards you receive will be immeasurable. In Jesus' name, please help.

Name:  386506_179220235508021_164678453628866_315134_1477399441_n.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  46.3 KB

This is the actual plea from Chris Taylor. Please help this wonderful man and fantastic teacher.

Sad News:
    Raymond James Etrych
    [[August 31, 1953 - December 5, 2011)

Send Flowers Send Sympathy Card
    Guest Book | Sign Guest Book | Send Private Condolences

Raymond James age 58, a resident of Warren and also Detroit, passed away on December 5, 2011. He was born August 31, 1953 in Detroit, Michigan. He was a grdauate of Notre Dame High School and was a Veteran of the United States Army. Raymond was also a very devout Catholic.

Loving brother of Jack [[Rosemary) and Patrick. Predeceased by parents Leona and John Etrych. Uncle of Mary and Matthew.

Visitation Sunday 1-5pm at the S. K. Schultz Funeral Home, 21705 Gratiot at 8 ½ Mile Road. Funeral Service Sunday 2:00pm at the funeral home. Interment Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Detroit, Michigan. Donations to family greatly appreciated.

[[Ray was also a graduate of St. Jude School Class of 1967. He died as a result of an accident on Woodward Ave. He was attending classes at Wayne State University and living off campus.)

May the grace and peace of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be upon you this Christmas season and always!

Hoping that all St. Jude DYers had a very blessed and merry Christmas.

Anyone know anything about Queen of Peace St. Jude and St. Matthews merging into one using St. Matthew as the merged church?

I believe the report I saw said St. Jude & St. Matthew would be combined with St. Jude being the worship center due to lower operating costs. What say you CFG?

I see no mention of St. Jude in today's Freep story on church closings & mergers. Any info from the Peanut Gallery?

I see no mention of St. Jude in today's Freep story on church closings & mergers. Any info from the Peanut Gallery?
    The information from the Archdiocese of Detroit was just released tonight [[Monday, Feb 20). The Renaissance Vicariate [[including St. Jude and St. Matthew) have plans for mergers but not final until June 30. Here is an excerpt from the "Together in Faith, Phase 2" plan.

Action Plan: Group 3

Print Friendly Documents

Renaissance Action Plan
    Group 3 Mission Priorities
    Renaissance Planning Data
    • Good Shepherd
    • Nativity of Our Lord
    • St. Augustine/St. Monica
    • St. Charles Borromeo
    • St. Jude
    • St. Matthew
    St. Jude and St. Matthew

In early 2012, St. Jude and St. Matthew are to develop a cluster plan to be submitted to the Regional Moderator no later than June 30, 2012. The cluster plan should be implemented when a current pastor is no longer available, if a replacement is not available to be assigned, or when either parish begins to experience a net operating deficit. Plans should commence with models for initial collaboration and include contingency plans for programming, outreach and administration, for clustering/merging the parishes, and/or closing buildings and planning for the sale of property. Plans to merge would begin if either parish cannot be financially or pastorally sustained.
    Nativity of Our Lord and St. Charles Borromeo

In early 2012, Nativity of Our Lord and St. Charles Borromeo are to develop a cluster plan to be submitted to the Regional Moderator no later than June 30, 2012. The cluster plan should be implemented when a current pastor is no longer available, if a replacement is not available to be assigned, or when either parish begins to experience a net operating deficit. Plans should commence with models for initial collaboration and include contingency plans for programming, outreach and administration, for clustering/merging the parishes, and/or closing buildings and planning for the sale of property. Plans to merge would begin if either parish cannot be financially or pastorally sustained.
    Good Shepherd and St. Augustine/St. Monica

In early 2012, Good Shepherd and St. Augustine/St. Monica are to develop a cluster plan to be submitted no later than June 30, 2012. The cluster plan should be implemented when a current pastor is no longer available, if a replacement is not available to be assigned, or when either parish begins to experience a net operating deficit. Plans should commence with models for initial collaboration and include contingency plans for programming, outreach and administration, for clustering/merging the parishes, and/or closing buildings and planning for the sale of property. Plans to merge would begin if either parish cannot be financially or pastorally sustained.

Has anyone heard news regarding the June 30 cluster plan?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I agree, CFG. One of the things I hate about this forum is the 10 character posing requirement. I tried to simply type 'Agreed' but I can't. Not enough letters.
    Pretty easy to get around that. Just end your short post with the requisite number of extra periods following it........................

See?......

Anyway I'm surprised that this thread isn't a hotbed of activity today - just saw a notice on Facebook that Fr. Jovita is leaving St. Jude. Thought surely that would have generated some discussion here.

Seems the discussion has moved to FB. I, for one, am thoroughly pissed at the AoD. Guess the diocese is just overrun with guys wanting to serve in the highest crime area of the city. I don't know Fr. Jovita but know that he is well loved by those still attending St. Jude.

It's this type of issue that merits this thread to be in the Detroit Yes "Discuss Detroit" section. The leaving of Fr. Jovita along with the possible consolidation and/or closing of St. Jude will indeed have an impact on the northeast area of Detroit. ..One can only guess what the rationale of the AOD was in the "Together in Faith" action plan given the limited supply of financial resources and priests. One can't help but think that the decision making process of the AOD was more involved with spread sheet analysis, pie charts, and bar graphs that demonstrated projected income and demographics more so than what is stated in the Parish mission statements and beyond into the local neighborhoods. Can someone please explain how a priest like Fr. Jovita, who wanted to remain at St. Jude, will later be assigned by a Bishop in Nigeria? Is there a possibilty that he could remain in the AOD? If not, please explain the reason, especially given the critical shortage of priests in the Detroit area? .....The weekend paper just did a multipage report on the desolation of the 48205 area as seen through the eyes of a Denby High School student. I was thinking a Fr. Jovita/St. Jude story would have offered a nice counter balance...a beacon of hope.

Great points, KR.

Lowell, do you ever check in here to see what's going on? This is an important topic & should be open to discussion in the main forum. I recognize that this thread had deteriorated to social discourse among a few individuals but current events at St. Jude have made it important to the northeast side and the whole city.

Great points, KR.

Lowell, do you ever check in here to see what's going on? This is an important topic & should be open to discussion in the main forum. I recognize that this thread had deteriorated to social discourse among a few individuals but current events at St. Jude have made it important to the northeast side and the whole city.
    Perhaps a retitled topic in the Detroit Discussion" section without the word "nostalgia" may achieve a broader participation specifically directed at this important issue. ???

I PMed Lowell about this. He also suggested new thread.