Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 261 of 263 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 6559

Yes, KR, I think there was method to this madness.
    "Help, we've fallen and we can't get up"

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Yes, KR, I think there was method to this madness.
    "Help, we've fallen and we can't get up"
    If it's any consolation, Poletown threads have fallen off the radar too. Be glad that you aren't in the "archive" yet.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/archive/index.php

Hope y'all had a great weekend. Nothing like Michigan in the late summer.

A few years back [[quite a few), We'd be looking forward to [[or dreading) the start of the school year right after Labor Day. Times have changed. My grandson started his freshman year at UD Jesuit High last week. He's starting on the JV soccer team. Way to go, Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Hope y'all had a great weekend. Nothing like Michigan in the late summer.

A few years back [[quite a few), We'd be looking forward to [[or dreading) the start of the school year right after Labor Day. Times have changed. My grandson started his freshman year at UD Jesuit High last week. He's starting on the JV soccer team. Way to go, Alex!
    It seems that there were fewer extra ciricular activities and more drudgery with school back in the day compared to now. Summer vacation was a welcomed relief. Your grandson is attending a great high school. The student body is diverse and come from all over the metro area.....Great tradition, top rated academics supported with a nice endowment fund and alumni donations.
    Last edited by kellyroad; August-29-11 at 01:31 AM.

We're really happy that he's there [[since NDHW isn't an option :-[[ ). Very glad my daughter & her husband are willing to make the sacrifice - it ain't cheap.

All 4 of my grandkids go to Catholic schools - even though my kids weren't able to. There just were none in the Milford/Highland area.

OK, it's been over a week with no posts. Are we officially dead?

Lowell stuck us with a fork, we're done!

OK, it's been over a week with no posts. Are we officially dead?
    Keno guy: "I ween. I ween. Take the ticket"

Ellen: "What did he say"?

Clark: "I think he said, "take the ticket".

Keno guy: "Take the ticket" [[those were his last words)

I understand that there is a St. Jude 70th reunion scheduled on October 29, 2011
    starting with a Mass at 4PM at St. Jude Church followed by a reception at the Harper Woods Community Center at 6 PM. IS THIS TRUE? Could someone please elaborate?

It's true! And I plan on being there. Who's going to join me & Mrs. Eastburn?

It's true! And I plan on being there. Who's going to join me & Mrs. Eastburn?
    You're going, EB? Cool! I'm leaning toward going, but I'm struggling with that long drive.

I'm coming back from colorado the day before, but I'll do my level best to be there. Does anyone know how much the dinner part is and when you have to have tickets by?

I'm going, assuming I get more information.

Quote Originally Posted by EastwoodRex View Post
    I'm going, assuming I get more information.
    St. Jude Parish70th Anniversary Celebration
    Saturday, October 29, 2011
    The Celebration begins with Mass at 4PM
    Bishop Donal Manchon and Fr. Jovita Officiating [[at St. Jude Church)
    Dinner and Music will follow at he Harper Woods Community Center located at 19748 Harper Ave. Harper Woods, Mi 48225

6PM Hors D'Oeruvres, Cash Bar
    7PM Dinner
    9PM Raffle
    6-9:30 PM Silent Auction

Ticket sare $35 each
    Please RSVP by October 14, 2011

If you haven't received an invitation you can send for ticket requests to:
    15880 E. Seven Mile
    Detroit, MI 48205

After purchase your tickets will be available the night of the event at the Harper Woods Community Center or available in the back of the church after all Masses.
    For more info call 313-527-0380

From the St. Jude Parish Website:

SAVE THE DATE: October 29, 2011
    St. Jude Church will mark its 70th Anniversary!
    An Concelebrated Mass by Bishop Donald F. Hanchon and Fr. Jovita will begin at 4:00 p.m. on the 29th. After the Mass, a dinner and silent auction is being planned in nearby Harper Woods at the Community Center.
    Each and every one of you is very important to our parish family, so we invite you to attend this event. The ticket price for the dinner is $35. You may not be on our mailing list, so if you would like to pre-order tickets for yourself, or group, please send your check and
    number of tickets needed to Lynn McEachin at 15889 E 7 Mile Road Detroit 48205 - [[313-527-0380) Please note on the check or with a note if you'd like to sit with a particular alumni group, and we will do the best we can to accommodate seating. There are great items in the silent auction: An autographed Gordie Howe hockey stick, autographed items from the 68 tigers, a basket of Gardening goodies and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I think HW and I believe he transferred there after around 6th grade.

Nope, Pete grew up on Lappin in the first block west of Hayes. His dad was a Detroit Police Detective Sgt. Both Pete and his two sisters graduated from Osborn.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    CFG> Did you hear anything about Pete Kekic passing away this weekend?
    Sorry,,,,,I should have responded to this one first from dated 11-16-09. I never noticed Pete's name mentioned on here at the time. I'm a relative so I will just correct a few things. First, the family lived in Detroit and never in Harper Woods. They lived on Lappin off of Hayes until moving in the mid- 70's since his dad was a Detroit Police Detective Sgt. Also, Pete graduated from Osborn and his two older sisters as well.
    Last edited by IrishSpartan; September-17-11 at 03:17 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    You're going, EB? Cool! I'm leaning toward going, but I'm struggling with that long drive.
    Tell me about your long drive.

I sense a tongue planted firmly in cheek.

KR, did all of the St Jude school composite photos get scanned in? Over on FB on the NorthEast Detroit Alumni thread, someone is saying that class of 78 isn't on the St Jude site. Do you have a link to post there?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    KR, did all of the St Jude school composite photos get scanned in? Over on FB on the NorthEast Detroit Alumni thread, someone is saying that class of 78 isn't on the St Jude site. Do you have a link to post there?
    7 class pics are missing.....left a response if interested in posting or scanning.
    also reposted Flickr stream

thanks, KR.

Let's go Tigers!!!

Just a reminder about the 10/29 celebration at St. Jude. Hope to see you all there.

Just a reminder about the 10/29 celebration at St. Jude. Hope to see you all there.
    EB, I might just show up for this. If so, we may wish to meet, yet maintain the cloak of secrecy regarding our true identities. Hint: the one pigging out on the boiled shrimp and/or the chocolate fountain might just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    EB, I might just show up for this. If so, we may wish to meet, yet maintain the cloak of secrecy regarding our true identities. Hint: the one pigging out on the boiled shrimp and/or the chocolate fountain might just be me.
    I'm counting on seeing you there. Along with Campfire Girl, JCole, Kellyroad and many others.