Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 142 of 263 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Love the hat!. And the shirt could be a 'throwback' from the sixties flower child era.
    I got her that flower child dress for Christmas. It so fit in with Grammy's time that I couldn't resist it.

If you do the math, some of those class of 48 kids are old enough to be some of our parents. They would have been 14 in '48 and several of us were born in '56, so that would make them 22 when we were born.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    My two eldest sisters and my brother went to St. Catherine.they all graduated from SJS in the 50's. My parents were very anti Dominican for some reason. My brother went one year to ND, then switched to St. Catherine's. Some of the other older kids I knew went to St. David and Nativity.
    I forgot about Nativity. Where was St. Catherine?

On Seminole near Van Dyke and Mack. I think they used to take the Gratiot bus down there.
    Here's a google map
    ST Catherine of Siena

If you do the math, some of those class of 48 kids are old enough to be some of our parents. They would have been 14 in '48 and several of us were born in '56, so that would make them 22 when we were born.
    You're right JC. Lois G was the class of 47 and her son Mike was in my class of 67.

I guess the original inquiry could include the bordering parish schools of St. Veronica, Guardian Angel, St. Brendan, Assumption Grotto. Where did the 40 and early 50s kids go to high school? Didn't Guardian Angels have a high school at one time?

I don't remember GA having a high school, so if they did it was before my time.

How's this for our Red Wing mascot this season:Attachment 4682
    Perfect! Just keep her far enough away from your dirty socks, and it won't even be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    He ran it for quite a while. Other names that are familiar but they aren't really old enough to be parents of the families I'm thinking of due to older sibs Elsey, Sind & Martinelli
    Z, was there a Dona in the Matinelli family you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Z, was there a Dona in the Matinelli family you mentioned?
    Not sure, I'll e-mail my bro

Not sure, I'll e-mail my bro
    EB my brother says he doesn't remember Doug having any sibs, so it might be a cousin.

Here is part of the response from LG [[SJS class of 47) regarding the inquiry of what high schools did most of the SJ students attend in the 40s and early 50s:

Our holiday was great. Hope yours was special too. Happy New Year to you and yours. All I can tell you is that several went to Dominican as I did. My sister-in-laws went to St. Anthony. Some cousins went to Austin but I have no statistics to share, sorry. What kind of history are you trying to compile? If I can help more let me know.

Default We were about to fall off the bottom of the page.

Can't let that happen.

Enjoy your Sunday, all.

Can't let that happen.

Enjoy your Sunday, all.
    I'll give us a little nudge too

I'm falling..........................

Can't let that happen.

Enjoy your Sunday, all.
    Nice save, EB ... speaking of which I see the injury riddled Detroit Red Wings can still handle the overrated San Jose Sharts.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Nice save, EB ... speaking of which I see the injury riddled Detroit Red Wings can still handle the overrated San Jose Sharts.
    De nada. Go Wings!

Default St. Jude Class of 2000

Welcome to the new millenium.
    St Jude School Class of 2000
    Interestingly, the class size is similar to the first class size in 1943.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1319760...17059/sizes/l/

Inyteresting note KR.
    Does anybody know when they started taking colored photographs? I wish thay would have had them when we graduated in 70'

14 kids! I recall 63 in 1 classroom.

14 kids! I recall 63 in 1 classroom.
    X 4 classrooms per grade

It was really kind of sad to see that pic.

Default Class of 1987

Inyteresting note KR.
    Does anybody know when they started taking colored photographs? I wish thay would have had them when we graduated in 70'
    Class of 1987:
    I believe this is the first graduating class with photographs in color.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1319760...04599/sizes/l/

It was really kind of sad to see that pic.
    It is interesting to see the rapid declline in numbers. Contrast the numbers in 1987 to 2000. In a 13 year span the class dwindled to less than 30%.

Inyteresting note KR.
    But as 7 points out, our memories were etched in black and white so if these would have been in color it wouldn't make any sense

But as 7 points out, our memories were etched in black and white so if these would have been in color it wouldn't make any sense
    When I was about 5, I asked my mother when people had started living in color. My sisters got quite a lot of mileage out of that to make fun of me with, but it wasn't as good as the time my 5 year old niece asked my brother when his skin had started growing over the hair on the top of his head.