Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 252 of 263 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 262 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    "Times are a changin"

The demolition and reconstruction project
    Attachment 9604
    Attachment 9605
    Attachment 9606
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thank God we took those pictures and video.

I know - I echo that Emphatic No - but without a doubt we needed to sell the school to survive and we were blessed that the school sold and to a wonderful charter organization. As sad as it is, it would be much sadder if it was the church and not the school being attacked by a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    I know - I echo that Emphatic No - but without a doubt we needed to sell the school to survive and we were blessed that the school sold and to a wonderful charter organization. As sad as it is, it would be much sadder if it was the church and not the school being attacked by a wrecking ball.
    On the bright side, the alley is opened up. We may yet get our bowling lanes.

who the h is that? doesn't sound like a thinker to me. must be a lost soul from St. Matt's. With the bulldozing, a bowling alley may work, but why not bring back the Jets football team. Width would be enough and the length as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    On the bright side, the alley is opened up. We may yet get our bowling lanes.

Does anyone know when Merit Drugs closes tonight?...got some last minute shopping to do.

Happy Mothers Day all.

Perfume, earrings or a pint?
    Does anyone know when Merit Drugs closes tonight?...got some last minute shopping to do.

Happy Mothers Day all.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Perfume, earrings or a pint?
    Tweed cologne

Merits or Frank's Nursery for sure.

We on the south side of 7, did our Mother's Day shopping at Revco at 7 and Hayes! Could always find something or Mom there - and across the street to Franks for Father's Day.
    Did some gardening this weekend, saw I was using a hand rake from Franks - they built 'em to last back then!

those of us in the Blue section always went to Sapphire Gift Shop on Morang.

That place always made me nervous - like I'd turn and break the previous "made in china" figurine! Dad's place to shop was Papes House of Gifts at Houston/Whittier

I'll bet last night Wings victory has our San Jose friend Eddie, a little 'psyched' out right about now

Let's just hope the Wings keep playing head games with him

I COULD not believe the "WE WIN" note that Bet left for me this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    Ahh, 7 and Kelly ... my favorite corner.

Wouldn't today be a great day to walk through the alley, and into the back door of George's Party Time for some Topps baseball cards, Bazooka Joes and a Mr. Freeze? And then out to front door and over to Jason's Bakery where a kid with a cute face would get a giant sugar cookie ... for free.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I'll bet last night Wings victory has our San Jose friend Eddie, a little 'psyched' out right about now
    That was eatsht and not goblow, right? I get those old perv predator commies confused.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    got that tackle box wide open, don't ya Z?

got that tackle box wide open, don't ya Z?

Who me? Never, KR

Ahh, 7 and Kelly ... my favorite corner.

Wouldn't today be a great day to walk through the alley, and into the back door of George's Party Time for some Topps baseball cards, Bazooka Joes and a Mr. Freeze? And then out to front door and over to Jason's Bakery where a kid with a cute face would get a giant sugar cookie ... for free.
    What a coincidience...You must have seen me get a free cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    Laing, where exactly was this on Morang?

It's been a while but did we ever figure out the name of the gift shop on Kelly and Moross?

That was eatsht and not goblow, right? I get those old perv predator commies confused.

Right 7&K - Eddie was eatsht and Eugene,Gene the Dancin' Machine was goblow
    Last edited by zitro; May-09-11 at 02:33 PM.

Sapphire was on Morang almost across from Indian Village cleaners, if I remember correctly. [[I should remember that cleaners, it was my first place of employment - I nervously drove the old Plymouth Valiant into the parking lot at 15 yrs. old, embarking on a very long and continuing employment.) but I digress. I believe we did determine the name of the other gift shop anchoring George's corner.....I forget! :-)

CFG, you are correct. In that strip, there also was Normandy Optical, a pizzeria later, another dry cleaner, a surf shop later, think there was a butcher shop around the corner on Payton, and I can't remember what was at the corner, maybe a drug store? Indian Village cleaners was in the middle of Wooden Shoe bakery and the Chinese place, right? And, someone did get the name of the gift shop at 7 and Kelly. Unfortunately, I've slept since then and don't remember the name.