Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 246 of 263 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 256 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 6559

Hope all St. Jude friends are wearing the green today. Happy St. Patricks Day.....and remember St. Joseph's day is Saturday. [[Fr. Ording is giving us the day off on Friday)

No one told my boss that Fr. Ording gave us the day off - and we all performed so well at the traditional St. Patrick's Day Pagent!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    No one told my boss that Fr. Ording gave us the day off - and we all performed so well at the traditional St. Patrick's Day Pagent!
    I thought we had a St. Joseph pageant every year, or was is for both saints?

I DO remember standing on the risers dressed all in green with the rest of my "Irish" classmates singing to our Irish foursome of priests! I can remember the dress clear as day, the year, not so much.

I remember a program for Fr. Ording's feast day where he was listed as Fr. O'Ding to fit in with Fr. Grady, Fr. Burns and another Irish priest. We sang some Irish song for them. And we sang ' Glow Fr. Ording, Glimmer, Glimmer' too

Fr. O'Callahan and Fr. O'Leary.
    I remember that song too - and like a bad dream, I can't get the vision of me in the stunning green dress out of my head!

I can't get rid of a picture of Fr. Ording glimmering like a glowworm.

Fr. O'Callahan and Fr. O'Leary.
    I remember that song too - and like a bad dream, I can't get the vision of me in the stunning green dress out of my head!
    Oh, we always looked like dorks when we had to do something like that. Only Kathy Meneghin looked adorable in all the costumes. She looked the proper Colleen in that green outfit, sure and she did.

yes she did, and I'm sure she had her tap shoes on too - oh man, I SO wanted tap shoes too! The guys probably just got away with wearing the clip on green bow ties

Page 2, what the heck? After the fabulous Fish Fry we had - We're #1!

St. Jude Room 3-109, saying goodbye to the class of 1970
    Name:  SJ Room 109.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  41.0 KB

and to the class of 1971 who in that room, were taught the ABC's backward by Mrs. Huget!!!
    Still can do it...............................

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it when I walked into that particular room to take a few final pictures - and saw that ceiling. Alone in the school, I just burst out laughing!

To Laing - isn't it amazing what we remember from that time! Great memories

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    and to the class of 1971 who in that room, were taught the ABC's backward by Mrs. Huget!!!
    Still can do it...............................
    I was taught the backward alphabet in 1st grade by Sr. Daniel Michael. I don't remember Mrs. Huget teaching that.

I vaguely remember that - but I'm not as good in the memory department anymore!

Don't forget - Fish Fry on Friday - and its' St. Jude Novena and Benediction on Monday, March 28th!

St. Jude mystery photo. What and where?
    Name:  sjmystery.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  8.1 KB

Well, it's not a portable because it has bushes in front and a flag pole and what looks like a chimney. and there are words across the top front.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Well, it's not a portable because it has bushes in front and a flag pole and what looks like a chimney. and there are words across the top front.
    Most of your observations are correct.

OK, is it one of the portables that wasn't very portable?

It was not a portable.

I'm stumped

Is this someplace within the parish boundaries or closer to the school? Can you give some broad parameters?