Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    I got tossed out of Divine Heart Seminary - Donaldson, IN - in 1961. Does that count?

My sister [[class of '54) was an Adrian Dominican for 20+ years.

My SJS & ND classmate, Bob Nally, is a priest in the Gaylord diocese the last I knew.
    and Bob Nally lived on Faircrest just a few houses down from CFG, and KR had the same Detroit News paper route as Bob Nally [[3 paperboys away). Bob Nally> KR's next door neighbor>next door neighbor's brother>KR). Bob also taught and coached soccer at NDHW. Bob's bother John was in my class. ...The six degrees of separation just got smaller.
    Not to be comical, EB, but you do bring up an interesting point...that is how many SJ students entered the seminary or convent and actually stayed until their vows and how many of them stayed on after. I don't recall anyone from the mid 60s, but right in our neighborhood in the triangle, Avery, McGrath, and Nally, are three in the late 50s that entered the religious life. I know of at least one that dropped out. I recall going to athletic directors' meetings in the mid to late 90s at Sacred Heart Seminary and noticing the class pictures on the walls in chronological order. The 40s and S were jammed with graduates but as I walked down the hall it was obvious that there were only a handful of recent graduates in the 90s. St. Jude mirrored what was going on at the time. One would think that, St. Jude being one of the largest parishes, would have its share of religious novices. I further wonder if there were certain schools and/parishes that were more or less conducive in promoting the religious life....Were certain orders of nuns more or less progressive [[or aggressive) in promoting the religious life?....just a thought.
    Last edited by kellyroad; February-18-11 at 11:37 PM.