Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I don't remember him either, CFG, so don't feel so all alone
    He was in the choir, maybe he was a year behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    He was in the choir, maybe he was a year behind us.
    I knew Doug Elsey, he was in the choir, also an altar boy, graduated SJS in 1971, same as me.
    During high school, he and Tony Nosis worked at Calcaterra's, they used to think it was funny to creep us out with their stories.
    I remember during SJS days, we used to go into Calcaterra's to use the drinking fountain while we were on our walk home. It was also nice and cool in there!!

Howdy, stranger. Welcome aboard

Thank you jcole.

I am still trying to get used to this new style forum. I posted before I previewed and forgot to mention my sympathies to the family on Mrs. Elsey's passing. Doug's wife Janice grew up around the block from me.

When I moved out of Harper Woods, I found that people don't say "around the block" anymore, they say: in the sub behind me or in the next sub over. Cities aren't the same as when I grew up, everybody lives in a sub. I just lived on a block...

Didn't we all. Have you posted on the SJ thread before, over on the old one?

I think that makes three SJ Altar Society members passing in the last couple of months. May God rest their dear sweet souls.

I worked stock, Cfg, so there is a good chance I crossed paths with you or your sister.

I was just thinking, Z, it's quite possible that "plastic grass" was made from PCBs. Many of the artificial Christmas trees from that era were.

Just got caught up on reading the postings on the old forum.
    I see alot of posters in here really knew the church well, and the priests.
    I have to admit I'm a little jealous. All I ever knew about the church was the usual, upstairs, downstairs, crying room and those little side rooms with Joseph & Mary in them.
    Too bad they never let girls be "altar girls"...do they do that now?
    And the priests, I think I was always in awe of them, if not totally scared of them. I can remember going into the rectory to get my newest rosary blessed and being SO nervous!!
    I can picture the secretary/receptionst face but cannot remember her name.

I did post on the old forum. But when I re-registered on this one, I changed my user name

Did I see on another thread that you went to HW High?