Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 233 of 263 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    This tread proves that I either have A.D.D., Am getting old and slipping or just too far a West Sider to connect the dots when my Uncle from Chicago sends me a link with St.Jude Detroit. I told him I never knew about the place, Being from the WestSide, and then it hit me. St.Judes was the East Side version of St.Mary,s of Redford. I have read this thread before. One day I will find St.Jude and take some pictures for my Uncle.
    Reddog, if you're on Facebook, St. Jude has a page and it has a ton of pics of the church, both current and going back to the 50's. Did your Uncle go to school there or was he a parishoner? What years?

Great to see so many at last night's St. Jude Novena - especially a favorite alumni!

This tread proves that I either have A.D.D., Am getting old and slipping or just too far a West Sider to connect the dots when my Uncle from Chicago sends me a link with St.Jude Detroit. I told him I never knew about the place, Being from the WestSide, and then it hit me. St.Judes was the East Side version of St.Mary,s of Redford. I have read this thread before. One day I will find St.Jude and take some pictures for my Uncle.
    Easy to find: 7 Mile west of Kelly Rd. and beautiful to photograph. The last old style [[cathedral-like) church built in the Archdiocese of Detroit.

Celebrating its 70th Anniversary in 2011!

You guessed correctly on the names. Jim is Bieszke.

Quote Originally Posted by biggiedD View Post
    You guessed correctly on the names. Jim is Bieszke.
    Allow me to dust off a few cob webs. Lets see. Sr. Rose Magdalien, Ms. Batche, Sr. James Marie [[Jimmy Jet), Mr, Kienary???

You're right St. Jude and St. Mary's have often been parralled being the largest schools in the AOD. St. Jude being on the far east side and St. Mary on the far west. More than 1600 students at their heydays. St. Jude did not have a high school however, instead opting to be a prime feeder school to NDHS and Regina instead. There are indeed many pictures of SJ buried in this forum but more prominently in the facebook link of St. Jude Roman Catholic Church.

Happy new years, all, and happy 70th anniversary, St. Jude Parish!

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Happy new years, all, and happy 70th anniversary, St. Jude Parish!
    Have a blessed, healthy, and happy new year everyone.

In the words of Cap'n Andy:"HAP-PE NEW YERRRRR"

Thanks for the info, I will look up the facebook page. As for my Uncle he was raised in Chicago.He was watching a movie and tied it in with St.Judes Hospital, Danny Thomas, and St.Judes Church. I will relay the info about Facebook to him after I go to it myself.

St. Jude Church in Detroit is in no way related to St. Jude Children's Hospital even though Danny Thomas lived in Detroit.

Happy New Year, kiddies. Let's have a great 2011.

We had some friends who went to St. Jude. their last name was Rosso and they lived on Liberal. I think they lived closed to the cross street Rex. Anybody recall that name?

Happy New Year All.

You all seem to be a tad more informed on our beloved school than I am. I guess I should have paid more attention way back then. The rare memories are of things like Sister ER. AAAHHHhhh!

Will be watching here for the frequent updates of information. Keep them coming.

Happy New Year to all! Yes, Mkap, keep watching - we'll be starting some St. Jude Trivia soon, as we work our way through our 70th Anniversary year! Hopefully, we'll be able to have an alumni reunion at one of the 70th Anniversary events, still in the planning stages. As the council brings us the dates of events, I will pass along to all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger4me View Post
    We had some friends who went to St. Jude. their last name was Rosso and they lived on Liberal. I think they lived closed to the cross street Rex. Anybody recall that name?
    The name sounds familiar, but I don't have any specific memory of the people that go with it. Sorry

I went to school with a Barbara Russo, but that was at Grotto in 63 & 64 - `1st and 2nd grade.

Does anyone have any ideas that they would like brought up to the parish council on 70th anniversary suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas that they would like brought up to the parish council on 70th anniversary suggestions?
    A SJS reunion would be at the top of my list. I think you've already got that on your agenda. St. Veronica had a pretty successful one a couple of years ago. We could all get involved in tracking down grads from our respective eras & getting the word out.

I lived on Liberal between Cordell and Boulder SJS[[70) and I don't recall that name.

I wish I had my class of 71 picture. Seems there was a Randy Russo and his brother David Russo close to my age, and I think they lived in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    I wish I had my class of 71 picture. Seems there was a Randy Russo and his brother David Russo close to my age, and I think they lived in that area.
    Here ya go Laing, you should bookmark this page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13197606@N02/page2/

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post

It looks like there is a Russo, not Rosso

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post

thanks Z, thought I had saved that. Now I remember David and Randy. They did live in that area.