Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 235 of 263 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 245 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 6559

I have a contact tab - is that what you mean? Submit info - and then have it available on the St. Jude website? I'm a novice, but I'm sure there's someway that I could put out an alumni page and up-date it as I receive contact information.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    I have a contact tab - is that what you mean? Submit info - and then have it available on the St. Jude website? I'm a novice, but I'm sure there's someway that I could put out an alumni page and up-date it as I receive contact information.
    yes, we are thinking of the same thing. put a blurb on both the website and facebook directing alumni to a contact tab. you will have more info than ever thought of.

Good idea, Laing. I will talk with Fr. Jovita to get his input before I put anything into place and see what he wants to do. He's got some great ideas!

Default Believe it or not, 3 years of this thread is coming soon!

Hope 2011 is a great year for all of the posters on this SJ Nostalgia thread. May we stay together and continue to grow. Many of us know what a special parish SJ was and is in the city of Detroit. On its 70th anniversary let's keep the memories and current events of SJ constantly going.

Repeat of 1st St. Jude post on March 19, 2008
    I thought I'd give the St. Jude Post another chance, this time with a few photos added periodically. St. Jude parish and school were at one time the largest in the Arch Diocese of Detroit with about 13,000 parishioners and more than 1600 students enrolled in grades 1-8 [[circa late 50s-60s). Some of the first and second grade classrooms had 61 students x 4 classes per grade [[over 240 students per grade)... I know, I was one of them. 31 nuns, 4 priests and 2 visiting priests tended to the school and parish. The photo below is of Sr. Leonita [[1963), the principal 1960-67. A few months ago the Michigan Catholic ran an article about her. At the time she was 104 yrs old living in Adrian..a writer of children's books and a big Red Wing fan.

Please share a few of your St. Jude memories. If you know of anyone who is not a member of the Discuss Detroit Forum and were a member of St. Jude ask them to join. Hopefully, this post will continue on. St. Jude was and still is a rich part of the northeast Detroit community,

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/5/131863.jpg

We've come a long way, baby

We have come a long way and it's been a wonderful journey combining our past history - with current events. I hope to enhance our www.stjudedetroit.org website to incorporate an "Alumni" page featuring stories and possibilty information of those wanting to make contact fellow St. Jude graduates, who may not want to use Facebook.

St. Joan of Arc has a pretty effective alumni site if you want to check it out.
    http://www.stjoanalumni.net/

Wow, that is really impressive! If there's anyone out there that wants to tackle a job like that - it would be great! My objective is to not only give alumni a chance to connect, but to also keep connected to events at St. Jude, so our alumni option would be a page on the St. Jude web site.

So, here I was yesterday channel surfing on TV, when I came upon the beginning of Animal Cops - Detroit. Always watch it to see if I see familiar neighborhoods, buildings, etc. Anyway, in the introduction, what do I see? The truck going west on 7 Mile from Kelly and a full view of St. Jude Church! No story of any problem animals in the area, just a street view to begin the show.

It's nice to know St. Jude Church has made the national scene.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    So, here I was yesterday channel surfing on TV, when I came upon the beginning of Animal Cops - Detroit. Always watch it to see if I see familiar neighborhoods, buildings, etc. Anyway, in the introduction, what do I see? The truck going west on 7 Mile from Kelly and a full view of St. Jude Church! No story of any problem animals in the area, just a street view to begin the show.
    Kool! ...............

Very cool! Did you see a Campfire girl wandering around outside?

We're famous!

we've always been famous, but now we have a greater audience!

Pope John Paul II is now one step closer to Sainthood. Yeah! Would be great to see him become a Saint in my lifetime.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,6619080.story

He's being beatified? I think that makes him the sixth, after Pete Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    He's being beatified? I think that makes him the sixth, after Pete Best.
    ....We just heard Ringo's rim shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Pope John Paul II is now one step closer to Sainthood. Yeah! Would be great to see him become a Saint in my lifetime.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,6619080.story
    One of the unforgettable family memories is when my parents had the awesome privilege of receiving Holy Communion directly from Pope Paul II in 1987 at the Silverdome. It was arranged by Fr. Sayers [[the pastor at SJ then) and the AOD. Yes, indeed, it would be nice to see John Paul II become a saint.

WOW - I didn't know that, KR - I remember going to the Mass with Bet, Mom and my Uncle - I have a picture of the Pope on my desk, taken as he gave us his blessing. I don't know what kind of camera I had then, but it's a great close-up. We pray to him every day to help intercede in Betty's behalf. He's been an incredible source of prayer-strength for me - even prior to his beatification!

Not really a good scan result, but you can see the picture. I also have a piece of the floor where he stood, made into a cross. A family member built, then dismantled the altarName:  JPII.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  30.8 KB

Default Patty Lazzeri

I saw this morning that Patty Lazzeri [[I believe class of 71) passed away. Her father John and her brother John sang in the choir for years.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mac...&pid=147885371
    Last edited by zitro; January-17-11 at 02:22 PM.

Not really a good scan result, but you can see the picture. I also have a piece of the floor where he stood, made into a cross. A family member built, then dismantled the altarName:  JPII.JPG
    That's an awesome pic CFG!! Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I saw this monring that Patty Lazzeri [[I believe class of 71) passed away. Her father John and her brother John sange in the choir for years.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mac...&pid=147885371
    Yes, Patty was in my class of 71. Hate to see this. She was a good friend back in the day. God Bless her soul!

CFG, great picture! I remember when he came, my mother called and said she felt so holy just having him in the same area...

I have to say, that I also remember being in the presence of holiness in the Silverdome. It was the most awesome experience, and I think that's why, even today, I pray to him for his intercessions. To be able to have gone to one of his Masses - to see him in person - well, I can still remember the day.