Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 236 of 263 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 246 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    I have to say, that I also remember being in the presence of holiness in the Silverdome. It was the most awesome experience, and I think that's why, even today, I pray to him for his intercessions. To be able to have gone to one of his Masses - to see him in person - well, I can still remember the day.
    I know how you feel. When my wife and I went to Rome a couple of years ago for our 25th anniversary, we were lucky enough to find out that on Sundays, if the Pope is in town, he comes to his window and gives his blessing to all the people. On that Sunday, St. Peter's square was totally packed. We were there and received his blessing. I totally felt like I was the only one there. Will never forget that time.

So TRUE, Laing, even when I took that picture - I felt like he looked directly at me. I just wish I would have gone down to Hamtramck too - but we were scared off because they predicted large crowds, and since we were going to the Mass, didn't want to take the spot from someone who wasn't able to go to the Silverdome. We've visited the little park dedicated to Pope John Paul II,many times, and have left flowers and candles. It feels good, to even stop there - you can feel his presence.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I saw this monring that Patty Lazzeri [[I believe class of 71) passed away. Her father John and her brother John sang in the choir for years.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mac...&pid=147885371
    So young. May God rest her dear soul.

Not really a good scan result, but you can see the picture. I also have a piece of the floor where he stood, made into a cross. A family member built, then dismantled the altarAttachment 8606
    Great picture.

Not really a good scan result, but you can see the picture. I also have a piece of the floor where he stood, made into a cross. A family member built, then dismantled the altarAttachment 8606
    That is a great pic of Pope John Paul II. Were you part of the enterouge that left for the Silverdome from Saint Jude by chartered bus?

Yes, we sure were! ---but then the bus left us stranded and some kind souls from St. Brendan's brought us home on their bus and even dropped us off on the blacktop where we had parked! :-)

Meant to post this address with the last - http://www.jp2cc.org/

Check out the new page on the St. Jude website. I've added a section for alumni contact info. As with the rest of the site it will have to evolve and I may move things around so that it has it's own page.

Check out the new page on the St. Jude website. I've added a section for alumni contact info. As with the rest of the site it will have to evolve and I may move things around so that it has it's own page.
    CFG, it looks great! Looking forward to seeing a lot more posts! Thanks for all you do!!

I'm so glad you like it! It's my pleasure and a blessing for me to work for our Parish and Fr. Jovita. The website is just one way to bring us all together!

Yes, we sure were! ---but then the bus left us stranded and some kind souls from St. Brendan's brought us home on their bus and even dropped us off on the blacktop where we had parked! :-)
    If there was only one bus leaving St. Jude's parking lot at that time than my parents and I were on that bus with you. Going home, same story... We were lucky enough to get a ride from St. Margaret of Scotland's bus...What a great day. While my parents were sited near the Altar I enjoyed a great view from the upper deck..This afforded an opportunity to leave and go outside to see the 3 helicopters bring in the pope. He was given secret service protection since he is the head of state [[Vatican). I understood the additional helicopters were used as decoys for security reasons. The only drawback to the pope's visit was the way the buses were organized for the return trip.....a small inconvenience for a wonderful, unforgettable event.

The website looks great. I did try to post [[in the contact section) photos with a link to the flickr grad pic. but it didn't take. I'll try again. But, I'll mirror what Laing and I'm sure what many others feel...Thanks for all your great efforts!

Hey, we were in the upper deck too! I'll never forget, and still get goosebumps when I think of the anticipation of him arriving through the tunnel in the Pope Mobile! When he drove past our section and looked up and waved, we all felt like we acknowledged each of us!
    I may have to add the link to the page - not just the contact. Will you be at the Novena on the 28th so I can talk to you about how to do that on our alumni page? Fr. Jovita is on his well deserved vacation, so he asked me to lead the Novena. I'll be nervous and would love to see you there! I tried to respectfully decline, but, as you know, he has a way to making you want to give your all for St. Jude - so I said "I'd love to"! :-)

Hey, we were in the upper deck too! I'll never forget, and still get goosebumps when I think of the anticipation of him arriving through the tunnel in the Pope Mobile! When he drove past our section and looked up and waved, we all felt like we acknowledged each of us!
    I may have to add the link to the page - not just the contact. Will you be at the Novena on the 28th so I can talk to you about how to do that on our alumni page? Fr. Jovita is on his well deserved vacation, so he asked me to lead the Novena. I'll be nervous and would love to see you there! I tried to respectfully decline, but, as you know, he has a way to making you want to give your all for St. Jude - so I said "I'd love to"! :-)
    CFG, sadly due to work schedule, I'll not be able to participate in the St. Jude Devotion this month. Fr. Jovita has a very dedicated, energetic, and capable replacement....no need to be nervous... Many of us will be with you on Jan 28 in so many ways.

There's no doubt in my mind that when we say our St. Jude novena - no matter how many 'bodies' are in the pews - the church is packed to overflowing! we'll miss you!

thanks KR - I will try to up-date the website today with the link!

Up-date worked great - there is now a link on our alumni page to all of the scanned graduation pictures - thanks so much KR for all your efforts!

Up-date worked great - there is now a link on our alumni page to all of the scanned graduation pictures - thanks so much KR for all your efforts!
    This is totally awesome. Those nuns did teach us how to come together and get it done!!!!

absolutely, Laing - good old fashioned st. jude teamwork!

Awsome pic CFG, wish I were there. I can only imagine what it felt like to be in his presence.

It was one of those "once in a lifetime" experiences. I can still feel the awesome holiness!

It was one of those "once in a lifetime" experiences. I can still feel the awesome holiness!
    Are you talking about being with me?

Well, EB, being with you is definitely an experience to last a lifetime! :-)

Alright you two, that'll be enough of THAT kind of talk. Please remember you are good Catholic young men and women.