Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 245 of 263 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 255 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    whew, almost got knocked off page 1. don't want to go the same way as Tressel went.
    He ain't gone yet

We'll never sink that low.

Were those fence posts I saw around the school last night after mass?

What kind of new friars did you get for the fish fries, Dominican?

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    What kind of new friars did you get for the fish fries, Dominican?
    I was thinking Augustinian, but they're usually old friars.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I was thinking Augustinian, but they're usually old friars.
    Maybe Francisican... The Francisan friars' fryers fried french fries for the fish fry.
    Last edited by kellyroad; March-11-11 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eastland View Post
    What part of the school did you see the posts?

My fellow Jets, I need your prayers. As you know, my son is an Ensign in the Navy. He is on the submarine USS Santa Fe which as of yesterday was in Sasebo, Japan on the southern tip of Japan. Then comes an earthquake and tsunami. We haven't heard from him. All we have is from CNN is that all military, bases, and ships are damage free. Don't need to tell you what a parent thinks about this. CFG, I now I am taking priviledges, but could you ask Fr. Okoli to say a prayer for him and his crew?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    What part of the school did you see the posts?
    I thought I saw them along the sidewalk on 7 Mile. It was pretty dark and foggy out at the time so maybe I was imagining them.

Prayer said, Laing. I hope he is safe and you hear from him very soon

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Prayer said, Laing. I hope he is safe and you hear from him very soon
    Thank you so much. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as well. St. Jude rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers on the way. Let us know when you can, Laing.

My fellow Jets, I need your prayers. As you know, my son is an Ensign in the Navy. He is on the submarine USS Santa Fe which as of yesterday was in Sasebo, Japan on the southern tip of Japan. Then comes an earthquake and tsunami. We haven't heard from him. All we have is from CNN is that all military, bases, and ships are damage free. Don't need to tell you what a parent thinks about this. CFG, I now I am taking priviledges, but could you ask Fr. Okoli to say a prayer for him and his crew?
    Laing, Your son and entire family are in our prayers and thoughts. Please let your St. Jude family know when you hear from him.

Wow Laing, I can't think of a more anxious situation for a parent to be in. From everything I've seen or heard thus far all of our military is safe, but prayers will go out for your son and all those corageous personnel on that vessel

Thank all of you for your prayers, we feel them. From what we have been able to gather, his sub was there during the quake and was not affected, but according to an email to his girlfriend in Charleston, he is now underway for South Korea with the chance he may call in a couple of days. We felt he was not in danger's way, but under these circumstances, you never know. So, this is for those of you still at St. Jude. Was wondering who the school is going into our old haunt? Would be interesting if they have a website that may show pictures of their facility. Thank yous to all of you once again - "them sistas raised us good"!

Quote Originally Posted by eastland View Post
    Just walked up there to mail some letters. There are 6ft tall posts all around the school, spaced 7ft apart including in front of all the steps. The only wider openings being at the flagpole entrance on Rex and the western side drive of the convent blacktop. It seems strange to have a fence in front of all the steps.There's a trailer parked on the Maddelein lawn too. There are also posts all around the blacktop across 7 Mile.

Hi all - So wonderful to hear that your son is well, Laing. Prayers answered and and I WILL ask Fr. Jovita to keep your son in his prayers.
    Yes, there are posts up around the school and blacktop. There will be a temporary fence put up as renovations are made to the school and gym. This fence will only be temporary and is for the protection of our St. Jude Family as well as anyone walking past the school during this phase of update. The school hopes to be operating and full of children in September of this year, so they will be working daily on the transformation. The name of the Charter school who bought St. Jude School is National Heritage Academy

If you search on the National Heritage Academy, you'll see that they are a quality system and we have been blessed that they decided to buy and renovate our old school!

Laing - be assured of Fr. Jovita's prayers for your son and his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Laing - be assured of Fr. Jovita's prayers for your son and his crew.

Thank you so much. The power of prayer is truly strong.

Yes, it is - I believe prayer is more powerful than any prescription drug in healing and in safe keeping. Fr. Jovita just e-mailed me back, and wanted you to know that he has you, your son & his crew and your family, in his prayers.

Just to know a priest at St. Jude is remembering a member of my family means more than I can say.

and also members of your St. Jude family are praying for the safe return of your son and his crew...

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    and also members of your St. Jude family are praying for the safe return of your son and his crew...
    St. Jude help of the hopeless aid us in our distress. Blessed apostle, with confidence we invoke thee.....this prayer to the patron saint of a parish in the north east side of Detroit still resonates as loudly as ever.

Amen, kr, amen!