Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

I know the Avatar check box is there, but I don't think we can use them for posting on here. I've never seen a spot to upload one

Z got one on his profile somehow.

I've got one in my profile, too. I thought you meant an avatar when you post.

You can add that in your CP, and go to Edit Profile Picture. Then you upload and it will show in your profile.

With Palm Sunday this week, it brings back memories of when my wife's grandparents used to weave the palms into different objects, most notably the crucifix. They were both from Italy, and brought with them so many traditions that have been lost over the years. I wish I would have had the forethought to learn some of them, when thay were still with us, as these traditions passed with them. Does anyone here know how to do this, or was it a tradition in your family that also was lost?

I used to be able to make a cross with my palm branch, but would really have to work at it now. Interesting memory! We still take them to place behind the crucifixes in the house.

Well, if a certain "someone", who shall go un-named, didn't write that word, then I wouldn't have had to erase it.

Or, was it me who erased it?

Bigsis have you had a chance to check out the St. Jude Facebook page? There are some great photo's and video montage's on there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Detroi...=1238706715156

Tsom: Did you see this? Too funny.

http://www.keyetv.com/content/sports...OgaliqLog.cspx

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    No, I hadn't seen that. That is too funny! Looks like the team in Grand Prairie is a little bit looser than our Round Rock Express. I could never envision seeing that happening at an Express game, lol.

Minor League baseball has it's charms the bigs don't. We have a lot of fun at the I-Cubs games and it's reasonable too.

Bigsis have you had a chance to check out the St. Jude Facebook page? There are some great photo's and video montage's on there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Detroi...=1238706715156
    I checked out Facebook. The pictures are wonderful!

BSJR - Hope he's not holding a grudge about the tooth!
    We love TC. Hoping to move there after retirement - which will now be put off indefinitely due to reasons beyond our control.
    If you are ever in the area, let us know... we will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    BSJR - Hope he's not holding a grudge about the tooth!
    We love TC. Hoping to move there after retirement - which will now be put off indefinitely due to reasons beyond our control.
    If you are ever in the area, let us know... we will do the same.
    Well, you better get up here and look us up. You better bring lots of presents too, to make up for the tooth. Or, you could just pay for the replacement of it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    Well, if a certain "someone", who shall go un-named, didn't write that word, then I wouldn't have had to erase it.

Or, was it me who erased it?
    I'm missing something here. What word and in whose classroom?

Oh, and ML lurks occasionally, so she might be reading this now. ML, BigSis is JR in case you're reading in.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I'm missing something here. What word and in whose classroom?

Might be a better side conversation

BSJR: Your house [[next to the alley) was visible from our home on Eastwood [[left there in 1979). What's the latest?

Been living in Northern Michigan for 19 years. It took me about 10 years to get used to "up north". But, now I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm still a Motor City girl, born and raised, but it sure is beautiful up here. The kids are grown and out of the house. One is married, she is 28. The other is 25, and she is living with a friend and working. No empty nest syndrome here! Both girls live up here, they don't remember Detroit.

Might be a better side conversation
    I'm laughing out loud on this one. JCole, you didn't miss anything. Zitro is just being silly. I'll tell you, time plays tricks on the mind.

OK, Zitro, SIDEBAR!

Now I've learned 2 new things - Avatars - and we now have 1 of 2 pages. How did that happen?

How did I meander off the main thread?

Do all of our posts now go on multiple pages? - or do we have to use quick reply to keep everything on the same page?

Nevermind, I'm a slow learner - I get it! :-)

Avatar images can be cartoon characters or even customized photos. I don't see where one can select an avatar image in this forum. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast