Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 234 of 263 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 244 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    thanks Z, thought I had saved that. Now I remember David and Randy. They did live in that area.
    I'll bet there at least 15-20 of your classmates on Facebook, they just had a reunion over the summer on the Captains boat and there are all kinds of pics on there of the attendees

Default Repost of St. Jude School Class Pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5152945...7624249283283/

Photos since 1943. [[Missing photos are listed)

New owners up-dating our school and gym starting in the upcoming weeks. It sure will be nice to see children using our school and knowing that it will once again be a treasure to the community! Hopefully, some of the Moms and Dads of these children will find St. Jude Parish a new home for them as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    New owners up-dating our school and gym starting in the upcoming weeks. It sure will be nice to see children using our school and knowing that it will once again be a treasure to the community! Hopefully, some of the Moms and Dads of these children will find St. Jude Parish a new home for them as well!
    Who are the new owners? I agree it will be good to have that property occupied.

It's going to be a charter school - with the school, gym and blacktop as part of the entire sale. I can't think of the name of the school, but do know that it has earned an excellent reputation for pristine and modern learning surroundings. If they start next week or so, I believe the goal is to have school start in the fall.

It's going to be a charter school - with the school, gym and blacktop as part of the entire sale. I can't think of the name of the school, but do know that it has earned an excellent reputation for pristine and modern learning surroundings. If they start next week or so, I believe the goal is to have school start in the fall.
    Great News!! maybe there's still hope for the old place yet

Great news!!!! So the million dollar question - who is the seller? The diocese or will St. Jude realize some of the benefit of the sale?

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Great News!! maybe there's still hope for the old place yet
    I'm thinking the idea of the bowling alley is fast fading into a distant reality.

Keep the faith KR, maybe there's room in the Parish Center for a lane or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    Yes, my dream of a Pray n' Bowl emporium is not finished

If you can get a ping pong ball down the Parish Center with all the food and donated items, you'd be doing well. sorry gang, but it looks like we're going to have to pool our resources and build an alley - i know it's a "Fantasy" - but we could do it!

If you can get a ping pong ball down the Parish Center with all the food and donated items, you'd be doing well. sorry gang, but it looks like we're going to have to pool our resources and build an alley - i know it's a "Fantasy" - but we could do it!

We could teach you to love bowling, Z!

We could teach you to love bowling, Z!
    That might be a stretch CFG

Ok, we'll teach you to "like it a lot!" I've yet to pitch that first bowling ball down the lane this year - let's all meet after work and roll a few games! I can dream!

Ok, we'll teach you to "like it a lot!" I've yet to pitch that first bowling ball down the lane this year - let's all meet after work and roll a few games! I can dream!
    It's been years for me, but would enjoy a romp on the lanes again. If there is another fundraiser pehaps?

bowling lanes and a pizzeria...now that's a fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    There's plenty of room in the parish center upstairs. Just knock down a few walls. It's probably hardwood floors already. If not that, there's always the church basement.

Nope - no room in the parish center upstairs - pantry stuff now - It was a gorgeous open area, where you could see forever.....now the church basement....ummmmmm
    Mkap -bowling fundraiser - I like that thought!
    speaking of Mkap - I did my final walk through of the school last night as it will be closed for entire renovation - and guess what I saw in 3-109?

Nope - no room in the parish center upstairs - pantry stuff now - It was a gorgeous open area, where you could see forever.....now the church basement....ummmmmm
    Mkap -bowling fundraiser - I like that thought!
    speaking of Mkap - I did my final walk through of the school last night as it will be closed for entire renovation - and guess what I saw in 3-109?
    The ceiling hanging down over the ghost of Mrs. Huget's class?

BINGO! Correct on the first try - No other room had that issue - and it was in the exact same spot as our infamous adventure! I took a picture - of course - and will try to assemble some memory boards for any up-coming reunion events.

BINGO! Correct on the first try - No other room had that issue - and it was in the exact same spot as our infamous adventure! I took a picture - of course - and will try to assemble some memory boards for any up-coming reunion events.
    please post that picture or email it to me; I really need to see that.

I will certainly do that - I just shook my head and laughed - and said to myself - buy kinda out loud because no one else was in the school - well, St. Jude - this WAS one of my most memorable days at St. Jude - thanks for bringing it back and putting a smile on my face!

Not only is St. Jude the patron of hopeless cases - he's sure got a sense of humor!

Happy New Year to all! Yes, Mkap, keep watching - we'll be starting some St. Jude Trivia soon, as we work our way through our 70th Anniversary year! Hopefully, we'll be able to have an alumni reunion at one of the 70th Anniversary events, still in the planning stages. As the council brings us the dates of events, I will pass along to all of you!
    Hey CFG, just had a thought. How bout putting an email link on the church's website for alumni to email in their info? With all on facebook, plus those of us who haven't gotten around to having a facebook, that would be a good way to get info? Thoughts?