Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by fooddood View Post
    On the subject of drinks, opening this year a couple doors down from Slows will be Detroit’s only joint devoted to craft cocktails. Dude putting it together makes his own bitters, syrups, infusions, but also worships the classics. The menu will be a mix of old and new, and they’re planning on having live music on the weekends.
    Is there an update on this? What's it called? Did it ever open?

For the burger lovers...have you tried Motor City Sports Bar in Hamtramck? They make HUGE burgers that are very juicy and tasty, topped with cold and fresh lettuce, onion, tomato and mayo. Cheap beers, too. They also serve chevapi, which is Eastern European sausage and very good.

I did a story on burgers last year, and I had to try many of the places around town that are always being called the best. Red Coat and Mason's really are fantastic. I tried to go to Miller's but they were closed.

Bates Burgers at 5 mile and Farmington has a double cheesburger to die for.
    You might actually die after eating it too.
    Place has been there forever and it will probably take an atomic bomb to
    displace it.
    You want a trip back to the 50's ... go there.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    Beau Jacks on Maple and Telegraph beats Red Coat hands down.Sidetrack in Ypsi. is great too.
    granted I haven't been to Beau Jacks in ages, but I never thought it was very good for anything. I was surprised to find it still open when I moved back

Bronx Bar for sure

lincoln8740 Guest

Slightly off topic but talley's in lewiston hands down has the best burger I have ever had

We should combine this thread with the bar crawl thread. Hit them all.

5 Guys is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    granted I haven't been to Beau Jacks in ages, but I never thought it was very good for anything. I was surprised to find it still open when I moved back

Every time I've been there it's been jammed.

5 Guys is pretty good

My dad took me to the Checker bar for the first time years ago. Best damn burger I ever had.

I still vote for Mill Street in pontiac

The Mexican burger at Motz [[Across from the Produce Terminal on Fort) is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Red Coat Tavern on Woodward in Royal Oak

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-...rn/48333617908

Red Coat for sure the Roast 2nd

Anyone remember Biff's?

More recently, in the northern 'burbs, Maverick's and Pub 1881 were both pretty dang good.

DetroitBoy Guest

Castle's are the best burgers in Detroit. Buy a snack after the bar and they taste even better.

If it ain't a Castle from 8 mile and Gratiot, it ain't a real Detroit burger!

Quote Originally Posted by Signman View Post
    Joe's hamburgers in Wyandotte is a new venture. Not for me, way too greasy but from those that go for that sort of thing they love em. His version of sliders and they do slide.
    Not for us either. We went there the evening of Wyandotte's December 3rd Friday. Ordered their largest slider which just slid off the buns!! $20 to pitch them in the trash and head to Steak & Shake for dinner!

Bates
    Pony Express in Farmington Hills
    Sandy's on the Beach, Redford, but its the period when it was Joanie's that I remember best.

Miller's in Dearborn or Hops & Barley in Melvindale.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5