Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

The best burger I have EVER eaten is at the Howell Bar in Dearborn. Served with the hand-cut fries at only $3.75. Don't go on Tuesdays [[no cook) and plan on having a couple of drinks while you wait as the cook 'slow cooks' the burgers. But seriously, the best ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmiann View Post
    The best burger I have EVER eaten is at the Howell Bar in Dearborn. Served with the hand-cut fries at only $3.75. Don't go on Tuesdays [[no cook) and plan on having a couple of drinks while you wait as the cook 'slow cooks' the burgers. But seriously, the best ever!
    I totally agree with everything you said. I love their burgers.

I was raised on Millers, But I can say the Red Coat on Orchard Lake was good.
    Jakes Again in Wayne to me gives Millers a run for their money, and as for Howells, Well I never hit it on the right night. But their Tacos on Monday night are excellent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmiann View Post
    You mean Howell's on Mason Street right?

Yea, the Burger and hand cut fries where awesome, I would go back again but the service sucked. I went in there around 8pm on a Saturday night and the cook making the food made it seem to me like he was doing me a favor keeping the grill open, as his after hours drinking crowd was starting to come in.

I was sitting at the bar, it took forever for someone to come around and offer a refill on my drink.

Again, good food but it was too much of a bar type atmosphere.

Now I did go to Millers again tonight and usual the service was great. Everyone at Millers is friendly, and if they see you need something, they ask. The best part is that its susposed to be a bar, but their burgers turned the place into a resturant.

Only downside about Millers is that they don't have fountain drinks and its $2 per can of Coke, but for some reason the Coke they serve in the cans taste better than the pop from a fountain or the cans of Coke I have at home. I think its a combination of the fact they chill the cans of Coke beforhand, and the glass of ice they serve it with.

I'm a big fan of both Miller's and Red Coat.