SHINING A LIGHT ON HIDDEN TRUTHS
In the recent past I do recall that President George Walker Bush spoke of a "THOUSAND POINTS OF LIGHT" to further the progress of our great country. My interpretation of his intent was that the generation of such light should come from our able citizenry, and mainly through daily contributions in thought, word and deed to our society…and most notably in the form of volunteerism.
Many of us have responded and experienced success or failure, together with criticism having either justified or unjustified bases. In the latter case, some unwarranted criticism has been based on rumor filling a vacuous state of disinformation and a general lack of appreciation regarding our motivational goals…especially when directed at our volunteer group known as CASUALTY RESEARCH ASSOCIATES [[CRA). We are composed of senior citizens and other having comprehensive technical credentials and experience in the maritime field and, as retirees of sound mind, we have freedom of thought and action unrestricted by management constraints affecting income and tenure.
While one of our initial goals was to develop an objective three-part "cradle-to-the-grave" historical documentary covering the development, construction and operation of S.S. EDMUND FITZGERALD, our investigatory efforts have experienced considerable difficulty for reasons not fully expressed by knowledgeable persons ranging from the shipyard tradesmen to executive and government regulatory levels. [[i.e. "Gag" orders prevalent).
Based on these circumstances our original investigatory scope has been expanded to encompass "We don't know what we didn't know" avenues that have led to startling legerdemain discoveries in our self-motivated search for truth.