Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I think assignement to a prison so fast [[I understand usually takes a lot longer), odd finding by Corrections that Kilpatrick with bum knee and overweight and 40 years old is a good candidate for 90 day and out boot camp, and the Prosecuter's concerns - I think Worthy's office knows that important people are attempting to pull strings. Kilpatrick's attorney just today said that prosecuter is "obsessed" with Kilptrick's sentence and punishment. I wonder why - think its because she knows the pull from the other side and she always has to watch. She has to be on alert.

Rapid assignment to a base prison [[understand this is unusual); odd finding by Corrections that Kilpatrick overweight, 40 years old and possessing a bum knee would make a good candidate for 90 days and out boot camp program and prosecutor's continued outrage and monitoring of the sentence. Kilpatrick's lawyers just this morning said prosecutor is obsessed with Kilpatrick. Think she must know or suspect that without watchfulness much will slip by.

What in the hell are you talking about?

Just saying that I believe that strings are TRYING to be pulled on Kilptrick's behalf and that the prosecutor is TRYING to fend off that activity - why else is she so very interested and writing letters, etc? Do you think she has nothing else to do but be "obsessed" with Kilpatrick?

Six months. The rumors are that the feds will be lowering the boom by the end of the summer, pre-election time. So Karmanos "truth" reference about Kilpatrick must be something else. The end of six months is about the time Jenny will be vacating her office. Could it be that there really will be a pardon, that in the mind of Karmanos that means Kwame is not guilty?

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by punky1 View Post
    Six months. The rumors are that the feds will be lowering the boom by the end of the summer, pre-election time. So Karmanos "truth" reference about Kilpatrick must be something else. The end of six months is about the time Jenny will be vacating her office. Could it be that there really will be a pardon, that in the mind of Karmanos that means Kwame is not guilty?
    There is no way she'll give him a pardon.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    There is no way she'll give him a pardon.
    I agree. I can't see it happening. Granholm has not been a friend to KK throughout this situation. She make the decision to hold the hearings that would have gotten him removed from office and has given no indication that she would show him any leniency.

WildWolverine: Well said!!!!!

Swmap, his assignment to a "base prison" two weeks after intake was the norm.

Also the "boot camp" alternative is the norm. [[Although unusual for someone of his age).

The prosecutor is NOT obsessed with Kwame just because his attorney said so. She is more concerned that justice is served. So I will argue your reason's for someone pulling strings, I think Kwame pulled all the strings he could. Anyone else left is being looked at very closely by the Feds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yeah, what "revelation" is pending; outside of the feds moving in? Oh, I know it will be found that the mayor did nothing, he will sue the city!
    The only truth about Kilpatrick I can even think of that would clear up only a portion of his wrong doing would be that he has been protecting someone else. But that is only speculation on my part. And that doesn't cover any of the wrong that Kwame has done. Oh wait maybe there has been some big boogey man out there doing all the things Kwame has been accused of and someone is going to catch him. Just like OJ is going to get Nicole's killer. Yeah that's what it is.

Okay. Everything related to Kilpatrick is just normal now and we can't expect any deviations - Karmanos saying that we will find out how wronged Kilpatrick has been in about six months [[and then being sorry that he said anything) is just more blah, blah and means nothing.

But somehow, from the Prosecutor's continued actions [[which the judge said were NOT the norm) I think she has worries. Did most of us little people have a dream that the six old guys would have given Kilptrick more than quarter million? I remember being absolutely floored that they would support him like that. But the prosecutor knew. And she still clearly has concerns about Kilpatrick and I think they are related to his many and valuable connections pulling more strings on his behalf.

By the way, i didn't think this until I viewed the Karmanos interview. He is so dismissive of the trial, the verdict, the probation findings etc. My intuition tells me something's up.

There is no fool like an old fool.
    Pete should shut before he ruins what's left of his reputation.
    Too bad he keeps reinforcing the old Boys Club image that
    has been going on for way too long around here.

SWMAP, I too think something is up. Kym knew that Groner would not deal with her letter, that he would send it back but she was just making sure there was no misunderstanding about where she stood. I think Kwame hit the prison and all hell has broken loose behing the scenes. I think he has let it be known to get him the h*ll out of there or he is going to finally bring some folks down with him.

I am certain he is going to bring more folks down with him, Geez look at who has already been affected and I have already said what we know so far is just the tip of the iceberg.
    I think the prosecutor's office is just covering ground to assure that justice is served how it was intended. We are seeing news stories everyday, people are up in arms about the "boot camp" or special priveledges, so the prosecutor has to speak out.
    Now, I will agree that something IS up. Could be "six months" before we find out.

Hello Detroityes Forum, been viewing this site for quite some time now, glad to now be a registered member who can comment. One thing I noticed about the video of Karmanos' comment was that he seemed to be a bit tanked when he talked. Don't know if he drinks, but from the context of that interview, it sure sounded like he might have had a couple good hookers before the interview; Hence, the ridiculous statements that he made. I've follwed this soap opera for the last three years, and there is no way that any normal and informed person could believe what came out of Karmanos' mouth. I

HaHaHa I would have to agree Tax, [[hope he had some of the good stuff) before the interview because this would fit into the "I'll have what he's having" category.

I have to keep thinking, how is this affecting me? And my answer always is this makes me madder that h#ll.

I totally agree, Just Amazed, at being mad as h#ll. This saga has gone on for way too long, and just when you think you're healing, here they come again. Although, I don't know if I would want what Karmanos is having....just might make me think I drunk the Kwame Koolaid and start to agree with these @ssholes. Anyway, I truly believe in..."and this too shall pass". I think before summer's over with, we will all know what ole Pete meant by "in six months....". Perhaps he will be included in the indictments for falsyfing that $240,000 loan. In any event, I look forward to the day when we can all say "Kwame/Kilpatrick who"; oh them, they're all locked up now,the city's flourishing, and have moved on! Kwame &family will have got his wish, the citizens will have gotten theirs...win win for everyone.

The real story is the money behind Detroit politics. So the next time someone says, "How did so and so get elected?", follow the money.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trstar View Post
    The real story is the money behind Detroit politics. So the next time someone says, "How did so and so get elected?", follow the money.
    Thank you, Deep Throat.

Kwame served 'Uncle Petey' well while on his payroll and in office. Now 'Uncle Petey' is scratching KK's back. As well as CCK's and BK's backs. That's how you get power - the money flows back and forth between the rich and the politicians.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3