Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There are some similarities.

Bush had 9-11 a little over a year into his presidency, exploited it and rode it for re-election, ultimately bankrupting our country.

Now Obama has Eco accident elgrande in the gulf. A little over a year into his Presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Bingo. I'm glad someone else sees that.

Why, because the ditto head nation and Fox News talking heads say so?
    Again, trying to attack the messenger? As I said before, I can't give you the dittohead or Fox News propaganda spin. Why don't you listen to Hannity or Limbaugh if you're so interested?

Anyway, back to the point, the president is clearly showing us himself by his quite astonishing lack of action and non-handling of the situation and ineffective speeches and his oh-so-fake fake tough guy "ass kick" talk. Makes one go hmmm.

The conspiracy theorists are saying this administration wants this to be as huge a disaster as possible, to gain more support to push the cap & tax legislation. I have a very hard time believing it, although Rahm Emanuel did say loud and clear, "don't let a good crisis go to waste." Hmmmmmmm?

Nah, I'm going with clueless buffoon instead.
    Last edited by johnsmith; June-17-10 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    There are some similarities.

Bush had 9-11 a little over a year into his presidency, exploited it and rode it for re-election, ultimately bankrupting our country.

Now Obama has Eco accident elgrande in the gulf. A little over a year into his Presidency.
    That's where the similarities stop. Bush took the bull by the horns, to our delight or dismay, but he took action. Obama is sitting there with his thumb up his bum.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Bush took the bull by the horns, to our delight or dismay, but he took action.
    That's funny, since last I looked Osama is still sitting in a cave somewhere and sending audio tapes from time to time. And what ever happened to the anthrax terrorists?

LOL! Mine don't -- all three were too slow to respond and I'll note give one a pass over the other...
    Like the quick fix of the Exxon Valdez? Or the Speedy response to New Orleans after Katrina? Or dose your criticism only extend to presidents with a "D" next to their name?

Well stated. We are so engaged in the "either / or" and defense politics we are not seeing that we are being had...
    Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post

Follow me! My blind sheep!

IT'S THE SAME THING GUYS, WAKE UP.
    Stop making excuses for a President who has let millions upon millions of gallons of oil leak into the Gulf Of Mexico since April the 20th, who turned down international assistance for both clean up and reapair within a week after the disaster occured, and is more interested in using the incident for his political agenda then to actually fix the problem and prove himself as a leader.

If this rupture continues all political agendas may be offset and catastrophic results well beyond any partisan ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    His speech last night was 30 paragraphs. 3 of them were about the actual repair and cleanup of the oil spill. 27 of them were about how bad oil companies are and how good Government is.

Don't forget - as the media and the Government badmouths the oil industry, that oil and gas are not the only thing that crude creates. How about.....Ammonia, Anesthetics, Antihistamines, Artificial limbs, Artificial Turf, Antiseptics, Aspirin, Auto Parts, Awnings, Balloons, Ballpoint pens, Bandages, Beach Umbrellas, Boats, Cameras, Candles, Car Battery Cases, Carpets, Caulking, Combs, Cortisones, Cosmetics, Crayons, Credit Cards, Curtains, Deodorants, Detergents, Dice, Disposable Diapers, Dolls, Dyes, Eye Glasses, Electrical Wiring Insulation, Faucet Washers, Fishing Rods, Fishing Line, Fishing Lures, Food Preservatives, Food Packaging, Garden Hose, Glue, Hair Coloring, Hair Curlers, Hand Lotion, Hearing Aids, Heart Valves, Ink, Insect Repellant, Insecticides, Linoleum, Lip Stick, Milk Jugs, Nail Polish, Oil Filters, Panty Hose, Perfume, Petroleum Jelly, Rubber Cement, Rubbing Alcohol, Shampoo, Shaving Cream, Shoes, Toothpaste, Trash Bags, Upholstery, Vitamin Capsules, Water Pipes, and Yarn!

Government = Good
    Private Industry = Bad
    Long Live Barackas Obamus I

That's funny, since last I looked Osama is still sitting in a cave somewhere and sending audio tapes from time to time. And what ever happened to the anthrax terrorists?
    You are so right! Bush didn't do anything at all in response to 9-11. And Obama is all over this BP oil blowout, using the resources of the U.S. Gov't to their fullest extent.

BTW, if you really saw Osama sitting in a cave, please report it to the proper authorities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2