Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Rolling Stones or Beatles?

The Stones! the Beatles were brilliant..both groups music is timeless....I just prefer the Stones......
    Gimme Shelter Miss You Paint It Black Rock And Hard Place Heartbreaker...........

Stones. I like the early Beatles, but they lost me after a while. I like all the Stones stuff, expecially the rarities and early bluesy stuff.

I thought "Brown Sugar" would be your fave song Terry?

I never liked the Stones that much, so I'll have to pick the Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I thought "Brown Sugar" would be your fave song Terry?

I never liked the Stones that much, so I'll have to pick the Beatles.
    Lol yeah I like the song Brown Sugar..the song was played for me at a social function years ago because they knew what I liked!

Stones for sure with Beggar's Banquet being my fav disc.

Stosh Guest

Beatles. Stones are just imitators. Read any bio.

Stones - "Let it Bleed" album.

Ravine Guest

Roq:
    "Beggars Banquet" is a big favorite of mine, too. I want to point out that I bought the re-mastered CD edition, a few years back, and the effort was worthwhile; unlike some other re-mastered CD editions of various LP's, this one has a noticeably terrific sound.

"Parachute Woman," on that edition, just leaps from the speakers as though it is trying to scrape through your ears and into your brain.

-or- ?

Does it have to be -or- ?

This thread needs some sound/visuals.

Beatles at the Cavern:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BybsR2bPE60

Stones on Ready, Steady Go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YItltQ0snqA

Stones. No contest.

Toolbox Guest

I was a teenager when my sister's boyfriend bought tickets for us to see the Stones in '75 or '76 which i thought was pretty cool. Anyway, Stones for me.

At least nobody ever got killed by the Hell's Angels at a Beatles concert.
    Some more vids:

Rain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3t52Ielj48

Play with Fire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5vn6OqnD_Q

Stones..

I never understood the fascination with the Beatles, they were for girls I think.. Hey Stosh, how's it goin'?

the Beatles, they were for girls I think
    Huh? The Beatles had tons of male fans and a lot of them started bands of their own from the Byrds to the Lovin' Spoonful and on down the line.

Quote: "Huh? The Beatles had tons of male fans"

Exactly..

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Roq:
    "Beggars Banquet" is a big favorite of mine, too. I want to point out that I bought the re-mastered CD edition, a few years back, and the effort was worthwhile; unlike some other re-mastered CD editions of various LP's, this one has a noticeably terrific sound.

"Parachute Woman," on that edition, just leaps from the speakers as though it is trying to scrape through your ears and into your brain.
    Thanks for the heads up Ravine. I'm going to make sure I grab this for a listen after your description of Parachute Woman.

I know a lot of people prefer Exile on Main St., but nothing in my mind beats the pure, perfect sound of Beggar's.

How can anyone not love Factory Girl or Jigsaw Puzzle?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Stones..

I never understood the fascination with the Beatles, they were for girls I think.. Hey Stosh, how's it goin'?
    Pretty good. I bet you had lots of fantasies about Mick Jagger growing up huh?

Kind of odd that you like them considering they are allegedly devil worshippers and that Jagger is supposed to be bisexual.
    http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/bowie.asp
    Last edited by Stosh; June-15-10 at 02:09 PM.

It's really not an "either or" decision for me. Both were great bands, with different slants on rock n roll music.
    My first album was England's Newest Hit Makers, and I always preferred the Stones' more bluesy approach. The Beatles were more talented. It's a good thing Paul had John though, to check his sugar sweet lyrics and make sure some attitude remained.
    I guess I go with the Rolling Stones, but would rather have been a "fly on the wall" when the Beatles played Hamburg pubs, than early Stones performances.
    Stones, by a whisker!

Stosh, You can be appreciate someone's work without fantasizing about having sex with them. You should have that looked at.

Don't forget the Stones covered the Beatles early on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8QEX3_aVig

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I was a teenager when my sister's boyfriend bought tickets for us to see the Stones in '75 or '76 which i thought was pretty cool. Anyway, Stones for me.
    It would have been 75 I think...was the show at Cobo Hall? They were supporting the Black & Blue album and were supported by Billy Preston on keyboards...

The Stones payed homage to the blues and r&b...they changed with the times...did a little country...experimented with funk and disco. Did anyone of you catch the Masonic show in 78? or the Voodoo lounge tour..for the opening number-the Bo Didley beat Buddy Holly cover of 'Not Fade Away, there were voodoo drum sounds complimented by flames shooting out of metal drums and a giant cobra shaped fixture-Mick came strutting out-took a bow and belted out "Im gonna tell yuh how its gonna be".......Ive caught every Michigan show since 81 and seen them when they headlined the SARS festival in Toronto....

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Stosh, You can be appreciate someone's work without fantasizing about having sex with them. You should have that looked at.
    I'm just going by your idiotic statements, Moo. Beatles for girls, Stones for guys.
    And by guys, I'm not actually meaning guys, if you get my drift.

Jagger is a bisexual. Shouldn't you be getting your "stones" ready to throw at him?
    Maybe you should reconsider the bible thumping persona Mooboy.
    Abomination indeed...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast