Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Article in today's Free Press about this very topic:

Dangerous levels of E. coli found in waterways

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle

Default Who Ya Gonna Call?!

Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

Took a spin around Belle Isle this morning, couldn't believe what mine eyes have seen. Luckily, I had my trusty Olympus by my side...

I'm betting that they landed a Homeland Security contract, and are getting paid big bucks to collect all of these birds.

I'm also expecting a new trend of 'Gray Turkey' for this coming Thanksgiving...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

Took a spin around Belle Isle this morning, couldn't believe what mine eyes have seen. Luckily, I had my trusty Olympus by my side...
    I absolutely love it. Must've been one hell of a racket. I took part in egg replacement at Belle Isle when I lived on the lower east side during the early 2000's.

Cool

The DNR started their round up of Canada Geese this month and I heard about rounding them into pens and now I see how it works.

There wasn't a single fuss, and the collectors were carrying 'em by the handful to their cage-trailer.

The geeses couldn't have been more co-operative.

Why didn't they try to fly away?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Why didn't they try to fly away?

Geese are more B-52 bomber than Apache helicopter. They need a runway.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; June-28-10 at 04:31 PM.

Oh. Good answer! I guess I haven't witnessed the process that much.

lincoln8740 Guest

we are now on three weeks of putting up fake coyotes and we are virtually goose free--To be able to walk to the water in barefeet is sweet

Please clarify....I thought the Canada Goose was protected, and that you can't even SHOO them....dont get me wrong, I hate the buggers; I have done my share of slipping in a fresh pile of bird turd---but have been reluctant to take any kind of action because of law. [?]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2